• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

It was a test of character. There were actually 3 choices of something you had to give up. You could choose to give up your son, give up your daughter, or give up your qualification. The correct answer was to choose the unstated third option of being disqualified and trying to save both people. Real life doesn't play by rules.

I know. Let me ask this: What if they would have just ignored the stand and walked away? Think they would have been disqualified? She said they would and if the rules don't matter...

Seda

I haven't really scrutinized this closely, but for the Q&A test, I guess that the best way to think about it is that: the was to "pass" was to not answer at all. I don't think there was any stipulation that they had to answer the question.

If they answered, it had to be one of the choices, yes. But they didn't have to answer.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Okay no more of this. I'm not paying attention to the show. Let's take this to PMs, B-Dubs.

That's what I'm saying! Nen is absolutely useless and just another form of physical fitness that is not needed for doing some of the things Hunters want to do. Just look at Leorio. The dude has been pretty much MIA for entire arcs. My boy Leorio learned Nen and then went to medical school. Dude probably hadn't used Nen in forever until he hit Ging. You could make the argument that Nen aptitude is a sign of true genius and those who are destined to do great things in life will naturally gravitate to the world of Hunters, like the opening narration says, but that's not necessarily true. Some geniuses are just plain old geniuses who still have a hint of nen within them.

Super spoilers do not click.

Ahh, but (also super spoilers) when
Ging used Leorio's nen he noted how it could be used to diagnose and operate on patients without opening them up. His nen is pretty medical focused, but he can still use it for combat.

ckohler

I haven't really scrutinized this closely, but for the Q&A test, I guess that the best way to think about it is that: the was to "pass" was to not answer at all. I don't think there was any stipulation that they had to answer the question.

If they answered, it had to be one of the choices, yes. But they didn't have to answer.

That's what everyone is saying but she clearly said you "must" answer. So, the rules she said was a lie. I don't know why this bugs me so much but it's dumb. You can't say people can be disqualified if they don't do something and then let them pass when they... don't do something!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, did they get Chris Sabat to voice that guy who looks like Piccolo in the OPM commercial?

Props to Viz, that's great.

Seda

That's what everyone is saying but she clearly said you "Must" answer or they are disqualified. So, the rules she said was a lie. I don't know why this bugs me so much but it's dumb. You can't say people can be disqualified if they don't do something and then let them pass when they... don't do something!

"Your answer must be either the number one or two."

I don't think this stipulates that the question has to be answered. I read a difference between:

'The answer must be'

and

'You must answer' (if it was this I would be with you)

RagnarokX

That's what everyone is saying but she clearly said you "must" answer. So, the rules she said was a lie. I don't know why this bugs me so much but it's dumb. You can't say people can be disqualified if they don't do something and then let them pass when they... don't do something!

Think of it this way:

The old woman has kidnapped your son and your daughter. You can only save one. If you answer anything other than 1 or 2 you will be killed. Choose 1 for your son or 2 for your daughter.

The question doesn't say that your son and daughter will both die if you don't answer, so it can be implied that you sacrifice yourself to save both of them or risk your life to save both. But by choosing 1 or 2 your are choosing to kill one of them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
....so do we ever meet the person who made the most attempts, if Tonpa is the 2nd highest repeat taker?

ckohler

"Your answer must be either the number one or two."

I don't think this stipulates that the question has to be answered. I read a difference between:

'The answer must be'

and

'You must answer' (if it was this I would be with you)

I see. That makes sense as long as you don't consider their silence as an answer. I think I was considering that their answer... which wasn't one of the choices. What you guys are saying is that they didn't actually answer. I suppose that's what happened.

Think of it this way:

The old woman has kidnapped your son and your daughter. You can only save one. If you answer anything other than 1 or 2 you will be killed. Choose 1 for your son or 2 for your daughter.

The question doesn't say that your son and daughter will both die if you don't answer, so it can be implied that you sacrifice yourself to save both of them or risk your life to save both. But by choosing 1 or 2 your are choosing to kill one of them.

Yeah, I get the riddle. I was hung up on the rules of the game.

tumblr_n09qy0uwMJ1t1xc0so1_400.gif

The narrator is super mean about stuff. "One applicant is disqualified..." HIS FUCKING ARMS WERE CUT OFF!!! Jerk. Time for more Hunter x Hunter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, how the HELL did that one fat guy who would later complain about the cooking exam make it through the running part? Remember, they had to run an INSANE length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom