• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
this commercial is completely unbelievable

The power of boners would totally win over the power of cigarettes

Seda

This is kinda random, but I think one of the best portrayals of young romance in Japanese media is Valkyria Chronicles. Welkin and Alicia establish a believable person-to-person relationship before feelings for each other start to develop. It entirely skips the usual 'awkward crush' phase (the first sign of affection is Alicia leaning on Welkin's shoulder, and he accepts it - no awkwardness). It just feels actually human and real in ways most portrayals don't.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is kinda random, but I think one of the best portrayals of young romance in Japanese media is Valkyria Chronicles. Welkin and Alicia establish a believable person-to-person relationship before feelings for each other start to develop. It entirely skips the usual 'awkward crush' phase (the first sign of affection is Alicia leaning on Welkin's shoulder, and he accepts it - no awkwardness). It just feels actually human and real in ways most portrayals don't.
I need to continue playing it, but yeah, it felt a bit more natural, despite a few moments that kind of felt cliche like the "HEY, TELL ME HOW YOU REEAALLLYYYY SEE HIM" part with the reporter girl.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
And then the anime adaptation undoes that entirely lol

CHAMPLOO DONT EVER LEAVE.

WE NEED MOAR MUSIC

WE NEED MOAR SHIKI NO UTA

TAKE PARASYTE OFF THE DAMN AIR.

Obviously I love Champloo but Parasyte is great too!

(I'm a couple episodes behind you guys so I can't watch her this episode. Where I am though I'm getting frustrated how Shinji won't just be honest with his dad and best girl Murano. Or at least not be a total weirdo around her.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god, I just remember the part with the stupid little kid, especially considering he doesn't sound his age.

.................hey shinichi, you need to put that puppy in the trash.

Yep. Valkyria Chronicles is dope.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What we didn't see, thanks to Migi taking control of Shinichi's tongue:

fa11703.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 78 - Cell on the Verge of Defeat! Krillin, Destroy Android 18!
12:00 - One-Punch Man - 1 - The Strongest Man
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 6 - As For Them
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 12 - Final × Test of × Resolve
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 119 - Kakashi Chronicles ~ A Boys' Life on the Battlefield ~ Part 1
2:00 - One Piece - 353 - A Man's Promise Never Dies!! To the Friend Waiting Under the Distant Sky
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 12 - Kokoro

Later.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The 2nd part is better than the 1st. Naruto will still be the low point of the night, but hopefully not the absolute crater it has been.

Interestingly, HXH will probably be the low point of the week with the second part of Kakashi Gaiden.
It's a recap episode.

I feel my post a few weeks ago about "I'm surprised nobody is freaking out about black L it seems they got to white washed Light and stopped reading to complain" since the new L set photos has the reaction I was waiting for days/weeks ago. I stand by what I said back then, no issue with the race changes for this version if the film is done well.

The 2nd part is better than the 1st. Naruto will still be the low point of the night, but hopefully not the absolute crater it has been.

With how good the block is atm, even good Naruto would still be considered the low point of the night. There are some good episodes and moments sprinkled throughout this arc.

Interestingly, HXH will probably be the low point of the week with the second part of Kakashi Gaiden.
It's a recap episode.

Damn.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel my post a few weeks ago about "I'm surprised nobody is freaking out about black L it seems they got to white washed Light and stopped reading to complain" since the new L set photos has the reaction I was waiting for days/weeks ago. I stand by what I said back then, no issue with the race changes for this version if the film is done well.
*looks for the pictures*

.........man, I kind of get what they were going for (L did his best to not reveal himself to the public in order to stay hidden from Kira, so they're just trying to have him hide his face & stuff), but something feels.....off....could be the clothes. I can't help but think Watch Dogs after comments in that thread.

.......or maybe it's the "fake" L like in the series?

Since there's no more Capcom thuggery allowed, I doubt we'll be seeing any MM in the Salty Suites, so I'll definitely be around for Toonami.

I'm ready to grab a shit ton of food and be a fatass and watch fighting games all weekend!
When im not spending half the weekend working ;_;

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Punch Man for Shonen Jump Vs. Capcom.

..........all of his moves are just the other characters popping in & interrupting him, like Genos & Justice Rider.

Line_HTX

Since there's no more Capcom thuggery allowed, I doubt we'll be seeing any MM in the Salty Suites, so I'll definitely be around for Toonami.

I'm ready to grab a shit ton of food and be a fatass and watch fighting games all weekend!
When im not spending half the weekend working ;_;

Put EVO at your restaurant!

;P

Put EVO at your restaurant!

;P

If only it was all on ESPN2 ;_;

For real tho, I'm just gonna put it on stream on my phone and watch as much as I can. It's not too bad Saturday since Pokken is the only thing I want to watch during work, but it's gonna be tough Friday when I'm gonna have to flip between GG and Tekken and some SFV.

Soulflarz

Banned
I just remembered that the "Are you Shinichi Izumi?" leads to the silliest conclusion in the last episode.

I couldn't tell (mainly cause I haven't read the manga)
was she saying that the whole show and that was just a convenient conclusion of it to show she overcame the stupid line, or was the whole purpose of the line solely for that one scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom