• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean, if I knew that I wouldn't need help. I'm sure if I saw something the VA was in i'd be able to recognize but right now it's a voice without a face. I can only describe the voice as best as I can and hope you guys list the right VA. So to recap, deep booming voice but not rough. Smooth as hell. English mainstream anime.

Sounds like Patrick Seitz.

Well I mean, if I knew that I wouldn't need help. I'm sure if I saw something the VA was in i'd be able to recognize but right now it's a voice without a face. I can only describe the voice as best as I can and hope you guys list the right VA. So to recap, deep booming voice but not rough. Smooth as hell. English mainstream anime.

Can you think of any lines he says?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Vegeta has Cell all but beaten while Krillin struggles to keep himself from doing something incredibly stupid, and then we switch things up at midnight as the city is under attack from a monster named Vaccine Man, and there's only one hero who can stop him: Saitama! After that, it's back out to Martian orbit where Tekkadan has to find a new way to get to Earth while Kudelia takes it upon herself to educate the child soldiers who serve as her shield, Gon's victorious crew still have a long way to go to escape the Trick Tower but first they have to survive 50 hours in a room with each other, Shippuden flashes back to what was probably a better show following the adventures of a 13-year old Kakashi's squad, the Straw Hats regroup on the Thousand Sunny and Franky recounts Brook's story of a friendship long lost on the seas some 50 years ago, and Shinichi reveals everything to Kana but things don't work out quite as planned.

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 78 - Cell on the Verge of Defeat! Krillin, Destroy Android 18!
12:00 - One-Punch Man - 1 - The Strongest Man
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 6 - As For Them
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 12 - Final × Test of × Resolve
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 119 - Kakashi Chronicles ~ A Boys' Life on the Battlefield ~ Part 1
2:00 - One Piece - 353 - A Man's Promise Never Dies!! To the Friend Waiting Under the Distant Sky
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 12 - Kokoro

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I have noticed something with post-timeskip Naruto.

If the story focuses on Sasuke, it's utter unreadable shit.
If the story focuses on Naruto, it's mediocre.
If the story focuses on anyone else, it's decent.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
>Playstation's Twitter makes post about watching One Punch Man
>Says it's on Adult Swim, not Toonami

....well I mean, they're technically right, but still.....

also, oh hey, it's the episode of Parasyte where everyone's favorite character suffers a sad fate.

I have noticed something with post-timeskip Naruto.

If the story focuses on Sasuke, it's utter unreadable shit.
If the story focuses on Naruto, it's mediocre.
If the story focuses on anyone else, it's decent.

It's only utter shit when it focuses on Naruto focusing on Sauske

Solo/Team Sauske has some of the better part 2 moments

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jamieson Price's best role

latest

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll just say give it a few episodes, because this is a series that works better once it introduces more characters.

.....I'm also trying very hard not to fall into the trap of "omg I can't wait until THIS episode airs for THAT moment" until we're actually close to the episode I want to talk about.

Edit: Also, I will say you make a valid point on the manga having the pages that look amazing in gif form, but when you're just flipping through the pages, you kind of just want the "scene" to end & get on to the next moment. They don't work when you're reading one page at a time, despite the fact I can appreciate the effort the artist put in.

I'll just say give it a few episodes, because this is a series that works better once it introduces more characters.

.....I'm also trying very hard not to fall into the trap of "omg I can't wait until THIS episode airs for THAT moment" until we're actually close to the episode I want to talk about.

Edit: Also, I will say you make a valid point on the manga having the pages that look amazing in gif form, but when you're just flipping through the pages, you kind of just want the "scene" to end & get on to the next moment. They don't work when you're reading one page at a time, despite the fact I can appreciate the effort the artist put in.

I mean I liked the earlier OPM chapters when I found the humor of Saitama's strength more fresh, once the plot got introduced with the hero society stuff thats when OPM really lost me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I mean I liked the earlier OPM chapters when I found the humor of Saitama's strength more fresh, once the plot got introduced with the hero society stuff thats when OPM really lost me.
Ahh, okay. That's completely fair.

Again, I'm trying very hard not to play the hype game since I want everyone to go in with fresh expectations, but being 12 episodes, it's a short watch compared to the other shows we had to deal with.

Moaradin

The pacing in the OPM manga has annoyed me lately. To the point where I completely switched over to the webcomic version and enjoy that one a lot more.

The anime is great though. Very tight and adapts all the best parts. I'll still be satisfied with what we got if we never get a S2.

The pacing in the OPM manga has annoyed me lately. To the point where I completely switched over to the webcomic version and enjoy that one a lot more.

The anime is great though. Very tight and adapts all the best parts. I'll still be satisfied with what we got if we never get a S2.

Well between Murata's infrequent release schedule and this (boring) filler arc it's even harder to care.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I won't lie, inconsistent releases + random amount of pages that you'll get + what feels like a slower pace = "omg can we just move on already?"

Thankfully, the anime doesn't really have that problem, but I can totally see why interest lowers with the Murata version the further you read.

Jarate

Banned
I stop watching a lot of shows if I know they're gonna be on Toonami. Like watching it that way

Unless its something I'm super interested in I'll watch ahead, Like Jojo for instance

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, Catherine had multiplayer.

All I remember from doing that mode outside of the story mode was NEW RECORD, NEW RECORD, NEW RECORD, NEW RECORD, NEW RECORD, NEW RECORD, NEW RECORD, NEW RECORD, NEW RECORD

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, boxing up stuff to move is a pain, especially since I wanna package stuff up in the most efficient way possible.

Still need to figure out how to sell/give away most of my manga I don't want. Friend already claimed my Full Metal Panic, Champloo, & Certain Scientific Railgun stuff, so that leaves Sgt. Frog, FLCL, Read or Die, Excel Saga, & Cowboy Bebop.

Bah, boxing up stuff to move is a pain, especially since I wanna package stuff up in the most efficient way possible.

Still need to figure out how to sell/give away most of my manga I don't want. Friend already claimed my Full Metal Panic, Champloo, & Certain Scientific Railgun stuff, so that leaves Sgt. Frog, FLCL, Read or Die, Excel Saga, & Cowboy Bebop.

Is rod DVD or blu ray?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's the manga. Considering I'll make next to nothing selling them (save for my friend who'll give me $3 each for about 4 of them, then the others will be "hey thanks for helping me move" gifts), I honestly would be fine mailing them to people who want them as long as they pay for shipping.

To be more exact:

- FLCL (both volumes)
- Read or Die (all 4 volumes)
- Excel Saga (1 & 2)
- Cowboy Bebop (all 3 volumes)
- Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star (both volumes)
- Eva: Angelic Days (vol. 1 only)
- Gintama (volumes 1 through 6)
- Sgt. Frog (volumes 1 through 7)
- Gurren Lagann (vol. 1 only)

My only anime is Trigun: Badlands Rumble on Blu-Ray, which I also wouldn't mind selling.....and my first volume of the Bo-Bobo DVD which only has 4 episodes & had to be mailed in to correct the subtitles to match the JPN audio.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
LoL, Evo is great, but... there's storm'n in my area, and my power already flashed for a brief sec once. NOT the kinda weather I like sketch dumpin over, since a turned off Wii U = Lost picture.

Not like I'm paying attention to anything ANYWAY. KoF XIV has all my attention, everything else is secondary. WHY does OPM come out TONIGHT? I wanna totally get into it, but my eyes are destine to be distracted by SOMETHING constantly!

Regiruler

LoL, Evo is great, but... there's storm'n in my area, and my power already flashed for a brief sec once. NOT the kinda weather I like sketch dumpin over, since a turned off Wii U = Lost picture.

Not like I'm paying attention to anything ANYWAY. KoF XIV has all my attention, everything else is secondary. WHY does OPM come out TONIGHT? I wanna totally get into it, but my eyes are destine to be distracted by SOMETHING constantly!

>paying attention to EVO over OPM debut night

Why haven't we drop kicked you out yet?

Is Saitama too PREDICTABO for Geese?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well between Murata's infrequent release schedule and this (boring) filler arc it's even harder to care.

Just pointing out that I believe ONE still writes the story even the new stuff about the tournament even if Murata does the art and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom