• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well hot damn. Went to turn my apartment forms in, turns out the ladies in the office found another room not long after I left yesterday that's in a quiet area, window facing the field instead of the parking lot, and would be available to move into in a few weeks. Rent dropped from $440 to $326, a whopping $114 less per month.

Has cable, so I'll (hopefully) have no issue continuing to watch Toonami. I keep forgetting to ask about internet, but I'm told via my friend who tried applying that they have it.

Grexeno

EDIT: Oh god, the Berserk anime got to Rape Horse? Anime only fans are not prepared.
Oh, they got to Rape Horse.

Oh boy did they ever get to Rape Horse.

gsafNPF.png

IGN's series of the year folks

Grexeno

Has cable, so I'll (hopefully) have no issue continuing to watch Toonami. I keep forgetting to ask about internet, but I'm told via my friend who tried applying that they have it.
Where do you live that rent is so low.

Also unless you live in like Wyoming I imagine the idea of an apartment complex that doesn't offer Internet is a ludicrous proposition.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Where do you live that rent is so low.

Also unless you live in like Wyoming I imagine the idea of an apartment complex that doesn't offer Internet is a ludicrous proposition.
It's a place that's income capped, meaning if you make over a certain amount, you're not allowed to move in. I think for one person, you have to make less than about $28k. My friend tried moving in, but he said with his & his wife's salaries combined, they made too much. But after checking, it seems I have to pay utility (water, electricity, heat, etc.), so I'm sure that'll add a decent amount to the rent as it is.

Also JESUS THAT HORSE IS THE STUFF OF NIGHTMARES....AND ITS TEETH LOOKS LIKE IT'S FROM A NINTENDO 64 GAME

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Max Landis is writing Power Rangers? I met him two years ago at San Diego. Even shook his hand.

I still have yet to see Chronicle despite owning it.

He wrote an early draft, and I think enough of his original script is still in the final version to give him a credit.

BatDan

So my phone can no longer be charged, and I can't get a new one until Monday. This is going to be a fuuuuuun weekend.

I needed a new phone anyway, this one is a few years old.

BatDan

I gave up on posting on the phone long ago. Auto correct was killing my shit posting :p.

Oh I never post on my phone, but when I take walks I like to browse GAF and other places. And I hear it's going to be a nice weekend.
I guess I'll focus on my 3DS more than usual. *looks at backlog* Where do I even start?

I really only watched the original anime for Berserk and sorta have a general outline about what happens from then on.

Is the rape horse as completely fucking stupid as it looks like it is?

I really only watched the original anime for Berserk and sorta have a general outline about what happens from then on.

As much as I like Berserk, the rape horse could be omitted from the story, and nothing would change really.

I don't actually remember this part specifically, since it's probably been 8 years since I read through Berserk. But the general cadence of the manga is:

* this world's shit is fucked up
* oh, but some big stuff happened, maybe it's getting better? After all, how could it be worse?
* nope, even more fucked up than you thought before

There's a chance the good guys could win though? It feels like about a 0.1% chance admittedly...

Moaradin

Rape Horse is pretty silly and I don't think people genuinely care about it. It's just a dumb meme. Surprised the anime even kept it in. Apparently it's more important than the Lost Children arc to them.

Mizerman

I don't actually remember this part specifically, since it's probably been 8 years since I read through Berserk. But the general cadence of the manga is:

* this world's shit is fucked up
* oh, but some big stuff happened, maybe it's getting better? After all, how could it be worse?
* nope, even more fucked up than you thought before

There's a chance the good guys could win though? It feels like about a 0.1% chance admittedly...

Sad part is...that's just being generous.

*reads new D.Gray-Man chapter*

Oh, an ad for the new anime. When was that supposed to start again?

*checks*

It already started?! What the hell, why are so few people talking about this?!

Catching up from last week.

Super Vegeta is actually different from Super Saiyan Vegeta.

And it's also not Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta.

I know because all the DBZ games I have label them as such.

It's dumb.

I always thought it was so they could needlessly split up characters so they could boast about how many playable characters they had.

"Super" Vegeta or Super Saiyan Ultra or whatever we called it back then got changed around 2013 when an article was found from an old DBZ magazine from Japan that finally explained what those forms were called.

Their called "Grade 2" and "Grade 3". this article on Kanzenshuu's forum I linked you fully explains the super saiyan grades.

Grade 1 is base Super Saiyan from namek saga-androids.
Grade 2 is "Super Vegeta"
Grade 3 is "Super Trunks" AKA buffed out idiot.
Grade 4 is perfected Super Saiyan Goku and Gohan use outside of the Chamber.
Grade 5 is base Super Saiyan 2. note: this was the official name of SS2 before the Buu Arc.

Going on from that its assumed Grade 6 is Super Saiyan 3. after that its all muddled with SSG and SS4 and whatnot...

Crocodile

That fact that Beserk is/seems so incredibly "rapey" is one of many reasons I've never really consumed it. I refuse to believe there is deep character or world building to be had with a scene involving horse rape.

I mean agree with his general points and I've enjoyed most of the content by him that I've consumed but dude is literally just SCREAMING here. Chillax man >_<

That fact that Beserk is/seems so incredibly "rapey" is one of many reasons I've never really consumed it. I refuse to believe there is deep character or world building to be had with a scene involving horse rape.

Berserk definitely isn't for everyone. It's a dark fantasy story that makes the stuff on Game of Thrones look tame by comparison. As such I think the question of how well it walks the line between dark and comically grimdark is something people have to decide for themselves.

Jarate

Banned
Berserk handles rape incredibly well.
Guts being raped as a boy affected him throughout his entire relationship forming process. His love, his self value etc etc.

Rapehorse is just a one off thing, like the world is super fucked up, if that's not your thing then that's cool.

I mean agree with his general points and I've enjoyed most of the content by him that I've consumed but dude is literally just SCREAMING here. Chillax man >_<

Except that it does even if there are certain small elements that go a bit to far overall Berserk is a masterpiece.

And you'd be wrong. Also the scene is a footnote that blew up to meme-status and isn't even the focus of the entire scene. The point is to introduce a relatively normal(Or not so normal as we find out later) person to the nightmare that Guts has been living with for the past three years. There are supernatural forces ordained by a higher power acting on the world, it's just that this particular higher power is pretty malevolent.

ToonamiGAF, I need your halp! I'm trying to identify an anime voice actor. It's a man, with a deep booming voice. Mainstream anime only since that's mostly what I watch.

What character has he played?

Well I mean, if I knew that I wouldn't need help. I'm sure if I saw something the VA was in i'd be able to recognize but right now it's a voice without a face. I can only describe the voice as best as I can and hope you guys list the right VA. So to recap, deep booming voice but not rough. Smooth as hell. English mainstream anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom