• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://soundcloud.com/couchpotatosaga/ep23

So we started our DBZ movie reviews back up this week with....Bio-Broly. It was terrible but...actually not the worst one. We briefly considered putting it as the best Broly movie since the whole thing is as long as the actual setup in the first Broly movie, but nah. We also talked about Goku's mortgage, whether Goten and Trunks think wrestling is real, and the employment rating of DBZ wasteland shamans. (the timestamp for Bio-Broly is in the description)

"We named our Pokémon in Pokémon Go after rappers and Autocorrect and we're not afraid to discuss it for a completely unreasonable amount of time. We also further refine the Jason Bourne Formula with our review of The Bourne Ultimatum and continue reviewing Dragon Ball Z movies for some reason with Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly. Then we talk about how Samuel L. Jackson is really just a Quentin Tarantino character, brainstorm about how to corner the cereal bar market, try to dig Tim out of his CW superhero show hole, and come to the horrifying realization that Elektra was probably the last female-led superhero movie."

DBZ Movie Ranking:

Piccolo out of Piccolo:
1. The World's Strongest

Vegeta out of Piccolo:
2. The History of Trunks
3. The Dead Zone
4. Bardock: The Father of Goku

Gohan out of Piccolo:
5. Lord Slug
6. Super Android 13
7. Cooler's Revenge
8. Bojack Unbound

Krillin out of Piccolo:
9. Tree of Might
10. Return of Cooler

Yamcha out of Piccolo:
11. Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
12. Bio-Broly
13: Broly: Second Coming

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty sure one of them even aired on Adult Swim.

Edit: Nope, TWO of them. Diamond Dust Rebellion & Memories of Nobody

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fun fact: It seems DDR (lol) was the first movie that Adult Swim aired in HD....& it was aired 3 months after MoN.

I remember Diamond Dust Rebellion and Fade to Black being bad.

I remember Hell Verse being decent.

I don't think I ever saw Memories of Nobody.

By the way, I never got to talk much about Bojack Unbound on here, but having just edited that episode (it was recorded a long-ass time ago), that's another one where the fan following for it surprises me. I thought all the villains were boring and that the plot kinda went nowhere while once again taking a little long to get going; also couldn't really tell you any standout moments beyond "Goku instant-transmissions out of the afterlife to punch Bojack in his fucking face," which is admittedly pretty awesome.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We'll get ratings tomorrow.

Reactions were rather positive, and the dub sounded great, especially Viz got Chris Sabat to voice the Piccolo look-alike & Papenbrook for the Titan look-alike.

Jarate

Banned
how badly do you think they're going to edit the OPM soing next week

Hopefully Demarco is smart enough to get that shit on full. That's the best OP of the night, and barring a Fist of the North Star entry, or a Ping Pong entry to the block, it will probably remain the best OP the block will ever see.

Jarate

Banned
It's a Viz dub so it probably won't get a cut at all. Just an awkward fade out like the other ones.

Not to be a nitpicky asshole, but the fadeaways are still considered cuts

What I'm trying to say is that we should all band together to get Fist of the North Star on Toonami

ckohler

fades >>>>>>>>>>>> cuts

On average, I agree. The main reason I prefer fades however has more to do with them not screwing with the animation. Viz is the worst. Those Final Act and Naruto endings look ridiculous at fast-forward speed. There have been a couple of good cuts tho.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The TOONAMI versions of both SAO I openings are frankly superior to the normal TV cuts of those songs. KlK is almost as good.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bleach needs to come back.
I think we can safely say now that Bleach is never coming back. They can't even go the "decent OVA in twenty years" route since the last arc is too long.

I guess they could remake the entire series in disappointing CG if they really wanted to.

Code:
Show				Net		Time		Total Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI		ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,279			0.6
ONE-PUNCH MAN			ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	1,282			0.6
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O.	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	971			0.5
HUNTER X HUNTER			ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM		942			0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN		ADULT SWIM	1:30 AM		886			0.4
ONE PIECE			ADULT SWIM	2:00 AM		768			0.3
PARASYTE- THE MAXIM		ADULT SWIM	2:30 AM		677			0.3

Jarate

Banned
Code:
[B]DRAGON BALL Z KAI		ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,279			0.6
ONE-PUNCH MAN			ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	1,282			0.6[/B]

sq3XpFz.gif

Mizerman

Code:
DRAGON BALL Z KAI		ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,279			0.6
ONE-PUNCH MAN			ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	1,282			0.6

Holy sh-

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
whoa, when is the last time something went up from DBZ? Or up from the first slot at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom