• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, I gotta ask

do they ever actually do, like... hunting in this show? because at this point it just looks like the show going to be all training and one on one fights like dragon ball or something

You didn't see when they hunted those pigs for the food challenge?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
hey guys, I gotta ask

do they ever actually do, like... hunting in this show? because at this point it just looks like the show going to be all training and one on one fights like dragon ball or something
Not often, no. Two of the longer arcs.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
hey guys, I gotta ask

do they ever actually do, like... hunting in this show? because at this point it just looks like the show is all training and one on one fights like dragon ball or something
They hunt other hunters and bad guys.

They are more like mercenaries than actual hunters. Kinda like how Samus Aran is a bounty hunter who never hunts bounties.

hey guys, I gotta ask

Hunter X Hunter basically changes genres each arc (and multiple times in longer arcs). There is training and some one-on-one fights, but less than normal shonen.

Grexeno

A fucking recap episode

template.jpg

Raxus

Dear Mito,

OH GOD SO MANY PEOPLE ARE DEAAAAD.

MY BEST FRIEND IS AN ASSASSIN.

AND THEN THERE IS A RAPE CLOWN!

GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!

Love,
Gon

Seda

So, is the reason for this recap being the only recap in an ~150 episode series:

1.) Unsure of success on JPN channels and only had the first 12 episodes budgeted at the time?

and/or

2.) Timeslot change?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I have only seen one TV show ever that actually had decent recap/clip show episodes, and that was Stargate

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, is the reason for this recap being the only recap in an ~150 episode series:

1.) Unsure of success on JPN channels and only had the first 12 episodes budgeted at the time?

and/or

2.) Timeslot change?

Pretty sure it's reason #2. There's not nearly as much censorship after this point.

Line_HTX

and/or

2.) Timeslot change?

I think it's because of the time slot change, though with 150 episodes, I don't see why they should have it run for 150 fucking weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom