• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows that neogaf mods are just distinct personalities of one massive supercomputer.

They help keep the hush on mankind's bee overlords.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

BBboy20

I'll hang out here again. I submitted my dissertation (176 pages) and I finished one of two defense sessions (on which I got "Excellent" scores, so far). I still have one more defense session to go but it's like in two weeks. I'm in a good mood :) It's really uplifting to know the last five years of work is coming together and so far, received well enough.

Still have several things to tidy up over the next few weeks, but the lion's share of work is done. It's a good feeling.

I definitely don't regret taking a break from <the internet>. In addition to better focus, I think the separation put me in a better mindset in general. I was a little overdramatic in my exit though and I apologize for that.

Bamco gave it to me because they like me I guess? I dunno.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29MIkOROI0M

WORLD EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK AT A GAME WHERE WE HAD TO SKIP SOME PARTS DUE TO THE INTEREST OF TIME.
...Modern Warfare 2 really started that, didn't it?

Who asked for Now You See Me 2?
Guess my late brother going by this bluray copy.

Another reminder from TOM.

Is this Fallout with Miis?
Fallout 3 x Borderlands.

So excited! This'll be the first time Gundam has aired on Toonami since its revival! I heard IBO wasn't very good, but that promo put out for it sure makes it hard to believe. And either way, I want to support Gundam on Toonami, so I'll be tuning in every night as it airs from now on!
Toonami makes anything look good.

Is this how Sony's Siren started?
tumblr_m3eo09HojA1qbbjkio5_r1_250.gif

Who the hell's Naruto?

What has he been doing lately?
*looks* Ah, he's Winston in Overwatch.
881.gif

I'm just imagining Alucard say "did someone say PEANUT BUTTER?"
The fan art community is now a total failure for not doing this now.

YEP

THAT'S THE END OF OROCHIMARU EVERYONE
Np6IiEF.jpg

WELCOME TO NARUTO

ENJOY YOUR STAY
acf.gif

Line_HTX

I forgot to give this a shoutout. Love the throwback to the Absolution days and the Wing bumps.

Kirito looks super focused and Orga is just sitting in the back seat chilling, haha

I'm kind of shocked too that there's a lot of death in HxH but gets brushed off like it's nothing.

Well, 2016 is gonna end in a meteor in more ways than one. :T

ckohler

Everything is 2017...including Persona 5 :(

I have to just keep telling myself that it's only 5 months after Japan... and that limited edition looks pretty sweet. But man... the wait still hurts. I can't learn Japanese in only three months so I have to wait. :/

Levyne

Banned
Delays don't really bother me. Once the game is out here for a couple months will anyone even care that it was delayed? Can you historically remember which of your favorite games were delayed before release and for how long? Or how long a gap they had between localizations? Xenoblade is the only one I can remember anything about, and in the long run it didn't really matter , imo.

Seda

Delays don't really bother me. Once the game is out here for a couple months will anyone even care that it was delayed? Can you historically remember which of your favorite games were delayed before release and for how long? Or how long a gap they had between localizations? Xenoblade is the only one I can remember anything about, and in the long run it didn't really matter , imo.

Agree. Also, my backlog is big enough so I have more than plenty to play at basically any time anyways.

Soulflarz

Banned
Delays are good, they give me more time to play games.
The only issue with a p5 delay is a few more months to spoil it, that's it.
My timeline is a shitshow right now though, it's pathetic.

On that note as I said on twitter, I'm confused why 2016 was so important. Literally a week difference if the first half of the week was 2016 (end of dec) vs the start of jan at the end and people would be up in arms if it was the Jan date.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Atlus USA better have a good explanation for this.
The explanation is that Atlus Japan hates simultaneous releases, localizations take time and releasing in October, November or December is suicide for a game like Persona 5. And if you push it to 2017, you might as well wait longer since Valentine's Day gives them thematic marketing opportunities.

The explanation is that Atlus Japan hates simultaneous releases, localizations take time and releasing in October, November or December is suicide for a game like Persona 5. And if you push it to 2017, you might as well wait longer since Valentine's Day gives them thematic marketing opportunities.

And its not like persona fans were doing anything on 2/14 anyways

ckohler

To be fair, P5 will have a monstrous amount of material to localize. There's more animated Japanese in its UI that any other game I've seen. It's not as simple as most games where they simply change text using fonts. They'll have to literally reanimate the entire UI into English. Then there's the hours and hours of dialog.

Line_HTX

I'm kind of curious who they will cast for the game dub. It'll probably mostly the same cast but reassigned to different roles a la Virtue's Last Reward, I guess.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm OK with the 2017 pushbacks, because
00A - KOF XIV is still coming in August, I don't care about anything else.
1 - I never expect RPGs to make their release dates, honestly...
2 - There's way too much backlog of releases and stuff I already own.​
I feel like there used to be gaps of "If I don't get the new ZELDA, NOTHING WILL COMPARE!", but now there's so many derivatives, tributes, past game in series that run on modern hardware, and just games in general, that it makes waits MUCH easier.

And it's not like I'll be finished with Project Setsuna or Cosmic Star Heroine by then either... or Grand Kingdom, or... eesh. And even if I am, I'm sure I have 10s of RPGs on steam from Humble Bundles or sales to play in the meantime! Too many games now-a-days, ha.

I forgot to give this a shoutout. Love the throwback to the Absolution days and the Wing bumps.

Kirito looks super focused and Orga is just sitting in the back seat chilling, haha

I'm kind of shocked too that there's a lot of death in HxH but gets brushed off like it's nothing.

Well, 2016 is gonna end in a meteor in more ways than one. :T

Thanks for taking the time to give shoutout, always appreciated! :) (even if I somehow don't reply)

HxH is in such a weird place for me right now. I hope by this time next year I can enjoy it fully.

I'm watching Tekkaman Blade on DVD currently, and I'm looking back on how I felt about things in the past, VS how the groupwatch here has affected my outlook on shows, and it's interesting:

- A character I remember dying "really fast" took 7 or so eps to die. That's 2 months of Sunday morning showings!

- I actually feel like I appreciated the recap episode a bit back then. Less "this is a lazy way to save budget!" and more "Cool, I get to see these awesome moments again!"

- I some of the English Insert stuff better than the Japanese? Ringo / Star feels better to me than Noel / Aki. Though I have no problem with Aki being voiced by Megumi Hayashibara. Oh, and D-Boy is still a STUPID name!

- Of course there's a lot of reused animation. And very many style changes in the character rendering. I don't remember the BAD, but I'm still looking forward to an ep that I remember being the best looking one of the show.

- Geeze Tatsunoko shows are similar in so many ways. Reminds me of watching the "New" 90s Hurricane Polymar not too long ago. Same glowing eyes, transofrmations, cute girls that call out for the heroes, awkwardly horrific examples of evil and death, glorifications of henshin sequences, etc.​

Similar to how Levyne said above about game delays, once you start enjoying something, you don't really look back and focus on the annoying bits leading up to that enjoyment. Even though I can see the warts much more clearly now, that's not diminishing how much I still enjoy the armor design, the semi-unique bunch of characters, and getting to see all of this and parts that were censored / cut again.

Line_HTX

Man, now I have to find some way to get a PS4 that I can use consistently and then get KOF XIV. You can never go wrong with KOF.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm more disappointed that the P5 LE isn't as cool as the one Japan got. Otherwise, I'm content waiting until 2/14. Not like I've got anything else going on with Valentine's Day...

I'm kind of curious who they will cast for the game dub. It'll probably mostly the same cast but reassigned to different roles a la Virtue's Last Reward, I guess.

I wouldn't bet on that personally. A lot has changed since Persona 4 came out and a good chunk of the voice actors have since either unionized, retired or are just too busy with other works. I'm thinking we'll see VA's like Max Mittelman, Cristina Vee, Bryce Papenbrook, and Brianna Knickerbocker cast in the major roles for P5.

bigkrev

For the first time in my life I had a Tweet go viral (over 80 RTs). I'm not sure how I should #monitize myself now.
I also preordered 2 copies of the P5 special edition- one from Amazon and one from Best Buy. Will decided closer to release which one I cancel.

Also, I voted!

Jarate

Banned
Ive gotten about 15 hours into Persona 4 before stopping it. You all know my disdain for translations that include -chan, -kun, -senpai, at the end of names. Despise it with all my heart

Levyne

Banned
Ive gotten about 15 hours into Persona 4 before stopping it. You all know my disdain for translations that include -chan, -kun, -senpai, at the end of names. Despise it with all my heart

but jarate san how else will you know if waifu-chan sees you as her new senpai

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I only put 100 hours into Persona 4 Golden, according to my save file.

I fear how long P5 will take me....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm honestly rather (& happily) surprised HxH has stayed over a million viewers every week so far.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Has there been an anime dub that had those suffixes?
For a Toonami example "Naoto-Kun!" in FLCL.

I actually find it pretty stupid when western translations not only don't use them, but don't replace anything that give the feeling in English.

When you hear a character going out of their way to use someone last name, rather than first in Japanese, or you hear them calling them something respectful, and the translation / subtitles don't match the level of respect, it feels pretty odd to me.

I wish every show and game came with "subtitles" and "dubtitles" now-a-days. They did such a thing in Tenchi GXP, and I liked comparing how I felt about scenes between straight translation and localizations.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My concerns over the rating stem from the frequently panicky network execs who hurry to shovel more Family Guy reruns down because they score better ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom