• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying the hell out of Champloo. Has it's duds here and there and some of the early episodes are rough, but I'm all in for these last few episodes.

YEAH

SHARP LIKE THE EDGE OF A SAMURAI SWORD

THE MENTAL BLADE CUTS THROUGH FLESH AND BONE

THOUGH MY MIND'S AT PEACE, THE WORLD'S OUT OF ORDER

MISSING THE INNER HEAT MY LIFE GETS COLDER

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
OH YES, I HAVE TO FIND MY PATH

NO LESS, WALK ON EARTH, WATER, AND FIRE

THE ELEMENTS COMPOSE A MAGNUM OPUS

MY MODUS OPERANDI IS AMALGAM

STEEL PACKED TIGHT IN MICROCHIP

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
ON MY ARMOR A SIGN OF ALL- wait, you guys broke the chain already.

That's as bad as cutting it for TV!!

The cut isn't good, but I like the fact that the majority of the song is still there, and the hook is preserved.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
1. Goku kills Frieza on Earth in Trunks timeline. Goku can teleport instantly to Earth if Frieza starts killing anything. Androids 19 and 20 still attack West City 3 years later, after Trunks is born, so Gero is still alive at this point.
2. Gero activates 17 and 18 at some point (they've never said exactly when) with some alterations from the ones in the current timeline but they still end up killing him.

The other two I'll give you.
They could have had it still work if when Trunks went back to his timeline he's killed by Cell, but he kills him instead,

I'm not talking about Trunks's timeline. I'm talking about Cell's timeline.

Cell specifically mentioned to piccolo that the computer observed Trunks vs Frieza, but had already concluded that it had sufficient Saiyan DNA. He's not talking about the computer during the main timeline, he's talking about the computer from his timeline, the one that created him. The timeline where he killed Trunks and stole his time machine after Trunks had defeated the androids.

If we refer to the trunks native to a particular timeline as "Trunks," and the trunks that time travels to that timeline from some alternate future "Future Trunks:"
In Cell's timeline, Future Trunks killed Frieza. The world and the Z fighters are destroyed by the androids. The androids are somehow defeated by Trunks. Trunks is killed by Cell. And Cell leaves the timeline in a time machine, never to return.
In Trunks's timeline, Goku killed Frieza. The world and Z fighters are destroyed by the androids. There was no "Future Trunks" in that timeline. Trunks kills the androids and Cell.

I'm not talking about Trunks's timeline. I'm talking about Cell's timeline.

Cell specifically mentioned to piccolo that the computer observed Trunks vs Frieza, but had already concluded that it had sufficient Saiyan DNA. He's not talking about the computer during the main timeline, he's talking about the computer from his timeline, the one that created him. The timeline where he killed Trunks and stole his time machine after Trunks had defeated the androids.

If we refer to the trunks native to a particular timeline as "Trunks," and the trunks that time travels to that timeline from some alternate future "Future Trunks:"
In Cell's timeline, Future Trunks killed Frieza. The world and the Z fighters are destroyed by the androids. The androids are somehow defeated by Trunks. Trunks is killed by Cell. And Cell leaves the timeline in a time machine, never to return.
In Trunks's timeline, Goku killed Frieza. The world and Z fighters are destroyed by the androids. There was no "Future Trunks" in that timeline. Trunks kills the androids and Cell.

I don't remember Cell specifically saying that Gero saw Trunks fight Frieza and King Cold. If Gero got DNA samples of Frieza and King Cold, why wouldn't he get it from Future Trunks who kills them both?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't remember Cell specifically saying that Gero saw Trunks fight Frieza and King Cold. If Gero got DNA samples of Frieza and King Cold, why wouldn't he get it from Future Trunks who kills them both?

As Cell told Piccolo when they first fought: The computer had already decide that it had sufficient Saiyan DNA from Vegeta and Goku. There was no need to collect additional samples from Trunks.

As Cell told Piccolo when they first fought: The computer had already decide that it had sufficient Saiyan DNA from Vegeta and Goku. There was no need to collect additional samples from Trunks.

Trunks was born well before Gero was killed. He could just be talking about when he was a baby/child.

Jarate

Banned
Look, I know you guys are confused about DBZ's never ending plotholes, but just remember that Toriyama does not care about any of that stuff. He didn't want Dragonball to be deep, or have huge intricate plotlines that all came together, he treated it as making up a story every week and drawing fun stuff kids would like. And this is coming from a huge Dragon Ball fanboy too.

Don't think too hard about this stuff, cause Toriyama sure did not

Jarate

Banned
OFFICIAL (current) DBZ POWER LEVEL RANKINGS

1. 16
2. Cell
3. 17/Piccolo
5. 18
6. Goku
7. Trunks
8. Vegeta
9. Gohan
10. Krillin/Tien
12. Yamcha

Cell was actually weaker then 17 and 18 at first, but absorbed loads of humans and is now super strong!

Im not counting Vegeta's or Trunks burst in power they'll get until they leave the Hyperbolic Time Chamber

So an official english Super Robot Wars title will be a thing. The list of titles in this one are a bit underwhelming though. Or maybe not, decide for yourself.

Cross Ange (uhhh...)
Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone (Not Seen any of Eva)
Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
Full Metal Panic! (Yes! All of FMP, in my SRW!)
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Getter Robo Armageddon (Not seen)
Invincible Super Man Zambot 3 (who?)
Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3 (who?...again)
Mobile suit Zeta Gundam (Not seen)
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (I liked playing the mechs in DW Gundam 3, at least)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack (Didn't like this film much)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaways’ Flash (No clue)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossbone Gundam (Heard it's good but haven't read it)
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: The Steel Seven
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (SRW writers can fix trainwrecks right?)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer (Boooo)
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (Haven't watched)
Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness (Why the movie? It sucked so hard)
Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact! (Give me ham Mazinger Z. That's all I ask)
Maziner Z Vs. The Great General of Darkness
Rebuild of Evangelion
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Does Yamato 2199 have mechs? Serious question.)
The Brave Express Might Gaine (who?)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I might give Final Fantasy XII another chance with that new announcement. Based on the superior version certainly helps.

Levyne

Banned
I loved FFXII and I think it highly needed a remaster, but I probably won't replay it just because I've already spent 100s of hours on it when it came out initially x_x

Raxus

Yep.

2017 is looking killer so far.

Especially with more titles likely to be pushed to 2017 like Yooka Laylee.
I might give Final Fantasy XII another chance with that new announcement. Based on the superior version certainly helps.

You definitely have to invest time to get to the point everything clicks but it isn't nearly as bad as XIII. I really enjoyed the game.

Raxus

Remember how last year "Everything is 2016"?
That's going to happen again. "Everything is 2017".

With the way games are developed nowadays I just add +1 to every projected launch date. I am usually right in doing so.

Except TLG, add +1589157

Hmm, sounds like going open world didn't add much to Mirror's Edge, but it also didn't take much away.

That said, I'm still looking forward to it.

Project X Zone killed any desire I have to ever play a Super Robot Wars game because PXZ is a boring piece of shit. I've never played a game that was so unnecessarily slow and long.

Project X Zone killed any desire I have to ever play a Super Robot Wars game because PXZ is a boring piece of shit. I've never played a game that was so unnecessarily slow and long.

Super robot wars is nothing like PXZ. SRW you can turn off animations and it makes the game really quick. PXZ is slow as balls since you have to time your attacks and can't skip animations.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Super robot wars is nothing like PXZ. SRW you can turn off animations and it makes the game really quick. PXZ is slow as balls since you have to time your attacks and can't skip animations.
You can skip the animations for special attacks, multi-attacks, & boss attacks.

.......but not the main attacks, if that's what you were referring to.

The closest SRW game that's similar to PxZ would be Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier, and it's sequel (which was never localized) Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier EXCEED.

Really would like to try a SRW games one of these days, but Tactical RPGs (Fire Emblem, FF Tactics, etc.) have never really been my thing. I remember liking Front Mission 3 since it was a game I got with my PS1 at one point, but eventually got too hard for teenager me. Stuff like PxZ (& I guess Valkyria Chronicles), I like because I feel I have more control over the attacks & such.

You can skip the animations for special attacks, multi-attacks, & boss attacks.

.......but not the main attacks, if that's what you were referring to.

The closest SRW game that's similar to PxZ would be Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier, and it's sequel (which was never localized) Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier EXCEED.

Really would like to try a SRW games one of these days, but Tactical RPGs (Fire Emblem, FF Tactics, etc.) have never really been my thing. I remember liking Front Mission 3 since it was a game I got with my PS1 at one point, but eventually got too hard for teenager me. Stuff like PxZ (& I guess Valkyria Chronicles), I like because I feel I have more control over the attacks & such.

Yeah and endless frontier sucks because it gets super repetitive and barely has anything to do with robots or wars

YWe47mv.jpg

Raxus

We're done!

Hope you enjoy the podcast. If you didn't then it is all Seda's fault!

even though it is probably my fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom