• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings are in!

SATURDAY, MARCH 15, 2014
11:30PM Space Dandy 0.9 HH, 1.099 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.8 HH, 1.088 million viewers
12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 HH, 1.024 million viewers
1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 964,000 viewers
1:30AM Blue Exorcist 0.7 HH, 955,000 viewers
2:00AM Soul Eater 0.6 HH, 871,000 viewers
2:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 673,000 viewers
3:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 629,000 viewers
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 692,000 viewers
4:00AM Samurai Jack 0.5 HH, 619,000 viewers
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.5 HH, 680,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.6 HH, 837,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.5 HH, 690,000 viewers

Source: http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tvratings/42971/adult-swim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-march-10-2014/

Here are the numbers from one year prior (March 16th, 2013)

12:00AM Bleach 1.197 million viewers
12:30AM Naruto 1.132 million viewers
1:00AM Evangeleon 1.11 959,000 viewers
3:30AM FMA Brotherhood 802,000 viewers
4:00AM Cowboy Bebop 748,000 viewers
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 702,000 viewers
5:00AM Inuyasha 622,000 viewers
5:30AM Inuyasha 619,000 viewers

For those who missed it

bigkrev

Should note March Madness is on till midnight on Saturday- if the game is close, it probably will hurt Dandy way more than a UFC event would

MikeMyers

So I bought Sailor Moon: Short Stories manga and a Sailor Saturn T-Shirt meaning I contributed more money to the "give Togashi more funny so he doesn't need to work" fund.

image.php

*Gets Spinning Piledrivered*

Mature

4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.5 HH, 680,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.6 HH, 837,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.5 HH, 690,000 viewers

Good lord, Clone Wars brings in the numbers.

Hey what happened to the werewolf character Free? Did he make an appearance after the unleashing of the Kishin when Medusa attacked the DWMA? Or was he forgotten in Bones Eater?

Seda

Hey what happened to the werewolf character? Did he make an appearance after the unleashing of the Kishin when Medusa attacked the DWMA? Or was he forgotten in Bones Eater?

Wasnt there a small scene with Eruka and Free in one of the final episodes? They didn't /do/ anything, but I swear there was a small dialogue between them.

Rereading the beginning parts of Soul Eater makes me realize just how damn good the story was and makes me even saltier that we're getting Not before a complete SE adaptation

Raxus

I'm watching Steven Universe and have no idea how to feel about it.But I think I like it.

Best episodes so far are Giant Woman and Bubble Boy. I am liking it so far but, much like Adventure Time, it will probably be a while until we get real world building.

Speaking of which. Dat bombshell.

I havent been able to follow Adventure TIme in ages, i wish netflix had more than season 1 ugh. I managed to see 3 episodes of Steven universe so far, unsure how much have aired and what the names were for them, I think one was Giant Woman and another was Steven's Lion, unsure what the 3rd was.

I'm watching Steven Universe and have no idea how to feel about it.But I think I like it.

I gave it a few tries but Steven is too annoying in my opinion, especially his voice. It does very well for the network though, I've seen it top the weekly CN ratings beating out heavy hitters like Adventure Time and Regular Show, so it's fairly popular.

I gave it a few tries but Steven is too annoying in my opinion, especially his voice. It does very well for the network though, I've seen it top the weekly CN ratings beating out heavy hitters like Adventure Time and Regular Show, so it's fairly popular.

Oh I didnt know that, the show from what I watched, seemed pretty, idk, not what I thought is popular on CN but maybe I'm just old/jaded and the music choices at places are throwing me off .

Ocean Dub is great.

What does QED mean?
It indicates a demonstrated proof of a concept or theory.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Someone choose for me.

Watch 1 episode of my least favorite filler arc tonight, go to sleep earlyish, do episode 2 tomorrow early evening or go to bed later and finish the arc in a double header? Either way we return to the good stuff on Friday.

MikeMyers most wanted episode is Dandy day in two weeks, by the way.

Mark your calenders.

Amikami

Banned
I might have missed it, but we never got any information of who was voicing the dub of Eren Yeager. did we? I was pretty curious. I'm getting impatient for a toonami AoT annoucement.

Watch Black Lagoon and listen carefully.

Well, watch the opening of Black Lagoon on youtube and listen carefully.

Lol. Well I guess I might as well wait for it on Saturday.

I might have missed it, but we never got any information of who was voicing the dub of Eren Yeager. did we? I was pretty curious. I'm getting impatient for a toonami AoT annoucement.

Lol. Well I guess I might as well wait for it on Saturday.

They're gonna announce it next week at Anime Con
hopefully along with a confirmation on an air date for Toonami

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At least most of the really dumb stuff is out of the way.

Why, Yes, I agree that this star has evil radiation and the temptation for people to use it again is great so you should:

A. Destroy the Star.
B. Take the star with you into exile.
C. Leave your son and guard the village from afar while the weak and dying leader gets assassinated and star training resumes 9 and a 1/2 years later.

Also if they aren't spouting BS star training has been happening for 3 generations at this point and only 2 people ever mastered it, one of whom is dead. Everyone else is either sick or dying/dead or really lucky but not talented enough to use it.

Oh and then there is the whole thing about how they will rival the 5 great villages with their star power...when the only person left alive with full star training is beaten in about...five minutes by a Genin (albeit a very talented Genin) who wasn't using anything remotely special to do it. Akahoshi is crazy. Maybe if Natsuhi was some unstoppable killing machine he'd have a point...but she isn't. She's got neat powers and sure, there's tons of people (especially in part 1) who have crazy skills but no real superhuman defenses or fortitude but c'mon.

MikeMyers

Except for the occasional unintended laughs, is there anyone who actually really likes the horrid Ocean Dub?

Stuff like this reminds me of how thankful I am that dubs nowadays are more faithful to the source material.

The dub of DBZ Movie 1-3 they did is still pretty good, even keeps the original music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom