• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Not even top 40 for me. But that's because I only tend to watch the first half of Toonami and not all the other stuff some of you guys watch.

Amikami

Banned
Meanwhile in the new Naruto manga chapter, the series cannot possibly get any further from it's original underdog story themes.

I think it's pretty obvious near the start of shippuden that it was dropped ages ago as the primary theme but I don't really want to go into late Naruto spoilers here. It's all about
friendship, the ability to summon or even become a pokemon, and apparently, being the reincarnations of the grandsons of an alien doesn't hurt your chances either.
Just roll with it baby.

Amikami

Banned
Eh. Maybe I'm just used to Naruto storyline playing cards like this but I don't think it's that bad. Kishimoto has been pulling stuff from mythologies and religions for a long while now.
This is just another take on it. It's the story of Princess Kaguya and the bamboo cutter. She has sons, one of those sons have sons, very special sons at that.Throw in some reincarnation and you end up with Naruto and likely Sasuke.
It's really not that bad imo.

Raxus

I just rolled my eyes through the whole thing

Pretty sure my eyes fell out halfway through, I was just skimming the chapter it was so bananas.

Meanwhile in One Piece,

tumblr_inline_mp09edFXOy1qz4rgp.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This latest OP chapter is prime evidence of why I will never, ever diss One Piece's current 1:1 pacing. The ending will make so much more sense when animated that it's not even funny.

I've already read this chapter three times today and I don't feel I've absorbed it all yet. When the official translation comes out I'll also read that (usually they are pretty close) but I won't fully digest it until sometime late this year/ early next year when this is animated.

Current Naruto Manga spoilers

How much more stuff is the writer gonna pull out of his ass? I'm gonna bet Sasuke is other ghost brother too.

Also One Piece is great and will always be great.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh. Maybe I'm just used to Naruto storyline playing cards like this but I don't think it's that bad. Kishimoto has been pulling stuff from mythologies and religions for a long while now.
This is just another take on it. It's the story of Princess Kaguya and the bamboo cutter. She has sons, one of those sons have sons, very special sons at that.Throw in some reincarnation and you end up with Naruto and likely Sasuke.
It's really not that bad imo.

Sasuke would be a poor choice
he's actually on team hard work if you remember his flashbacks. People only think he's a genius because of how focused he was on his revengenance.

bigkrev

I think it's pretty obvious near the start of shippuden that it was dropped ages ago as the primary theme but I don't really want to go into late Naruto spoilers here. It's all about
friendship, the ability to summon or even become a pokemon, and apparently, being the reincarnations of the grandsons of an alien doesn't hurt your chances either.
Just roll with it baby.

...and this is why I avoid ManGAF on Wednesdays

Amikami

Banned
Sasuke would be a poor choice
he's actually on team hard work if you remember his flashbacks. People only think he's a genius because of how focused he was on his revengenance.

Believe me I agree.
People don't give Sasuke enough credit for that and assume asspulls because (thankfully) the author doesn't show us Sasuke centric training arcs. There are a lot of people thinking that it's Madara, since his goals seem more aligned with the older brother, and I agree with that. But I also feel like it's been hinted so long that Sasuke and Naruto would be the ones to settle the conflict between the senju and uchiha, that it's almost natural that they represent the brothers who started the conflict. I'd say Madara has a good chance of being the reincarnation of the older brother as well, but I think it would take away from Sasuke and Naruto's final conflict. If Sasuke is the older brother, It rekindles the rivalry and gives their final fight a clearer catalyst and purpose as they would naturally be predisposed to battle one another whether they understood why or not. I feel like their final battle needs that since Sasuke has come sort of to the good side, at least for now.
I wouldn't mind if it wasn't Sasuke, but for those reasons, I think I'd prefer it that way.

MikeMyers

also on team hard work. The only true Genius's on the show are Madara, Itachi, Orochimaru, the 4th hokage, Haku, Kabuto, Kakashi.

TWENTY WILL DEFEAT EVERYONE AND PROVE TO BE THE TRUE UNDERDOG OF THE SERIES.

Has she ever had a fight besides losing to Temari in one-panel?

also on team hard work. The only true Genius's on the show are Madara, Itachi, Orochimaru, the 4th hokage, Haku, Kabuto, Kakashi.

Eh, don't blame me because kishi attributes the concept of genius and natural talent loosely. Heck "team hard work"had a lot of lucky breaks and talent innately there to begin with

ok I think there is only so much spoilery business I can be a part of .

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kimmimaro is also on team Genius. So is Gaara.

Rock Lee isn't just on team hard work, he's the patron saint. Gifted with nothing. Plenty of people on team hard work worked hard...to bring out their amazing latent abilities. Lee worked hard to whoop everyone. Somebody call his mama.

MikeMyers

Fleas against Piccolo, no-contest filler battle with Krillin, wins against Piccolo/17, wins against 16 by absorbing 17 and transforming, briefly stopped by Tenshinhan but would have killed him if Goku didnt teleport him, loses against Vegeta, loses against Trunks in another timeline.

Jeice has 4 losses: Goku, Vegeta, filler Tenshinhan, and filler Pikkon.
Frieza has 6 losses - Goku, Trunks, filler Pikkon, Gohan in Movie 12, Trunks in the OVA, and Goku in GT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Imperfect Cell is what I call the ugly toad faced mid evolution.

Cell is regular Cell and has an outstanding record.

Imperfect Cell is the king of jobbers who gets put in his place by Tien and then gets his shit rocked by Vegeta. Could have lost to an exploding 16 or Trunks too. Huge jobber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom