• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

Should have stayed in his regular form; when he starts to absorb the Androids he just turns into Vegeta. Same with Buu when he started to absorb everyone, and Freeza was a Vegeta knock-off too. Hell, even Vegeta has some similarities to Piccolo Daimao.

Mercenary Tao is best villain.

MikeMyers

The Buu Saga is 97 episodes in DBZ.
How much would that be in Kai pacing? 40 something?

DBZ up until Cell Arc is about 194 episodes where as DBZ Kai is about 98.

So around half as much: 50 episodes.

Edit - 194 not 199. There was a 5 episode filler tournament in between Cell and Buu.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
DBZ up until Cell Arc is about 199 episodes where as DBZ Kai is about 98.

So around half as much: 50 episodes.

About a year of airtime. Shall be interesting to see what goes in next since I don't see Toriko coming back.

EDIT: I was looking at the Spring Animu stuff and there's an Avengers anime? *looks up trailer* Ooooooooooh.... I see why nobody is talking about it. EMH this is not.

BassForever will carry the torch and be the new protector of ToonamiGaf, (for at least half an arc)

Also ugh, Wapol get your shit wrecked already, please.

BatDan

"I CAN SEE THE FUTURE!"
"GOHAN IS THE STRONGEST IN THE UNIVERSE BUT STILL DOESN'T DO CRAAAAP!"

BatDan

I think it says something about the state of anime when as divisive as Space Dandy has been, it's still considered one of the best shows of the season.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"A Limitless Supply of Ninja Tools"

k3ypgbhl.jpg

Naruto, water prison, piranhas. Yurinojou tries helping him out by throwing shurikens at the fish, but no beuno. Naruto is getting torn up until something giant and round approaches from the sky. "INCOMMING!" It's Choji using his human boulder. He butt stomps the water prison, freeing Naruto. Choji came in the nick of time.

vYoddful.jpg

Choji wonders if Naruto is ok. "Never better, you saved my life just in time to crush me to death." Just doin' mah job, man. He revs up and Naruto goes flying out the back, chubby's rule! Naruto warns Choji that ain't gonna work and it doesn't, he just makes a bubble that Choji slams into crying foul. Isn't water amazing, an iron clad defense. Choji does think its kinda cool. Yurin does Myriad of Flowers to burn off the water and free Choji. The villain puts out the fire with some more bubbles. Naruto throws some kunai to get through the barrier created by these bubbles but he'll run out of them before the Janin will run out of water to tap from the ground. Naruto asks the other two how they are going to beat him and Choji suggests they run really fast. Naruto calls it a tactical retreat and they book it as the bad guy sends a pirahna bubble after them. What a jerk. They gotta keep running and the piranha split up. The Janin taunts them saying they are very hungry pets. The three decide to turn and fight...eventually. When Naruto dodges one of the streams of Piranha he notices that the bad guy is running weirdly with his Tonfa out after discussing it with Yurin and Choji. Chouji figures it out, he's using them like dowsing rods!

wKneyWVl.jpg

Yurin has a plan and says they can win if they follow his lead. Naruto makes a shield of Shadow Clones to give Yurin and Choji time to set up. Yurin throws his flower shuriken as Naruto goes in to break his Tonfa, which works. He can control it just fine without them though and summons a freaking shark to chase them down. The run up a cliff when Yurin gets overtaken. Choji then trips and gets bubbled. Naruto tells him to turn around but he can't hear him and as he does turn around the shark prepares to eat him! Raw Shinobi is on the menu tonight. Naruto tells Choji to drink the water...and it works! He goes to call up more water when Yurin reveals the trap, they're on a solid rock plateau. Choji taunts the shark when he finishes drinking all the water. Naruto figured it out awhile ago when he went to check on the traps and he wasn't ambushed because he took a shortcut on solid rocks. He used the tonfa to avoid areas without water and they broke the tonfa to get him to run into this trap. Choji has a lot of water weight and crushes the hapless ninja with Watery Human Boulder! They celebrate but Yurin has broken ribs. He tells the other two to go on and guard the princess. Naruto thanks him but leaves Choji to help him out. Hinata may be fast but Naruto can catch up.

azUz9eOl.jpg

The princess needs to catch her breath so Hinata stops, says they will wait for the others and gives her some water. Lady Haruna says no, they'll go when she's caught her breath. But but Naruto and the others. Boo hoo, they can look out for themselves, if she still had her peasant decoys then this wouldn't be a problem, would it? She calls the ninja soft. Hinata can't believe this talk after what happened to Kikosuke but the princess just doesn't get it, every ninja lives to perform their duty and K-man was aware of that. Even if he dies and I'm alive then there is hope for the Land of Greens. She then goes into her whole sad story of being ransomed and bullied every day. She learned a valuable lesson as a child, Don't Trust Anybody. Emotional weak idiots like Naruto are worthless. This sets off Hinata who cuts a promo. What do you know about Naruto? At least you had parents. He lives all alone but has worked hard to gain everyone's acceptance. He's had a hard life but would never sacrifice others for himself and will one day be king of the pirates Hokage, do you know why? Because he's a good person and a good ninja! He's not a princess though. Hinata apologizes for being short with her. Lady Haruna asks if Hinata is found of Naruto and she can only blush in response.

aj6ETjFl.jpg

She's apparently softened a bit and tells Hinata they will wait for the others. Also her pack looks a bit heavy, you might want to take it off. As she turns around and bends down to take if off she gets clonked in the head with a rock. What a heel! Stupid girl, I'm not dying out here.

ThbeXuul.jpg

Jiga, the fat Janin finds his brother Ruiga lying where Choji crushed him. The water guy asks for help but Jiga thinks it's a lot easier to split a country two ways, nothing personal. Jiga sends two boulders in the air and buries his brother under the rubble as he laughs. Naruto is running when he finds Hinata out cold. He shakes her awake and for the first time ever she doesn't comically overreact for being in his arms. Hinata wants to know where the princess is and Naruto was about to ask the same. She remembers waiting for Naruto and taking off the pack. Naruto wants to know how she let an amateur like her sneak up and clock you in the head and Hinata can only apologize. The princess is all alone out there. Hinata suggests that they go back to the Leaf and ask the Hokage. Nope, can't leave her out there all alone despite her being a total jerk and not worth saving. There's still two more evil ninja jerks out there and that girl needs a saving. Hinata is worried that they might not be strong enough to fight these two and besides this wasn't the mission they were assigned to do. Naruto thinks she is right to be worried but that girl is running for her life, doing the best she can...alone. Naruto knows she is bossy and mean but what kind of person would just write her off. Ninja Jesus helps those that help themselves and those that don't. Hinata is happy and agrees. Naruto says the plan is...for her to go back to Choji while he does all the heavy lifting and Hinata asks for him to be careful. Naruto is ambushed by Jiga but he senses the attack and throws a kunai immediately where he thinks the attack came from. He has good reflexes says Jiga and he gets why he beat Jiga. Naruto surmises that this is the second Janin, which Jiga sarcastically replies that he's honored to be recognized by such a great ninja. It's an honor to get beat by Jiga, something you can brag about in the afterlife. He throws his chain sickle at Naruto, which he dodges as it explodes a nearby tree. Shadow Clone time. He blocks their thrown kunai with the ball end of his chain sickle and sends them all back at the clones! Naruto wants to know what type of ninjutsu that was as he leaps for the attack...and is stopped cold by the Janin. The Janin notices his head band and says after they are done here they'll go and take over that shitty village. Naruto ain't happy about this.

cvZj7Gm.gif

Oh so that's what it was, magnetic ninjutsu. He swings Naruto around like a rag doll into trees and slamming him into the ground, finally tossing him into a nearby ravine, which he then jumps down. The princess is running by the river, promising to live no matter what before she slips. Naruto and Jiga are in a ravine and Jiga calls this his tomb. Naruto keeps on throwing kunai at him while the Jannin...seemingly teleports away! Now he's sticking to the wall? What is going on here? Hinata is looking for Choji everywhere but can't find them. Are they in hiding? Must be. She finds Naruto's headband which was detached when he was thrown in the ravine. He's in trouble! Jiga drank iron everyday and can use his body as a magnet whenever he wants. These mountains are full of iron so he can't lose. A walking magnet, huh. He is but he can also magnetize anything he touches, like those rocks behind him. He already did. Ninja Art: Magnet Infinite Meteors. He stikes the mace end of his chain and kicks up some rocks to send at Naruto. The third wave of them connects and slams against Naruto. Hinata is here though to take up the fight but Jiga will take extra good care of her. Naruto stands up and says Hinata is right, this Janin is more than they can handle before he collapses, she screams, and the episode ends.

BONUS:

Evo9pvfl.jpg

NEXT EPISODE: "The Byakugan Sees the Blind Spot"

MikeMyers

3 more days.

By the way, I randomly came across a Shippuden Hinata/Neji filler that looked interesting, but the whole thing was a flashback to some Chuin Exams training or something. Lame.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think it says something about the state of anime when as divisive as Space Dandy has been, it's still considered one of the best shows of the season.

It's been divisive sure, but there's an episode for everyone. It's sort of an anthology show, each episode is the brain child of a new creative team. I think once everyone realized that was how it's set up they started lightening up on it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This princess is getting close to curry of life shitty son tier level character.

At least I remember next episode
being pretty damn good.

BatDan

It's been divisive sure, but there's an episode for everyone. It's sort of an anthology show, each episode is the brain child of a new creative team. I think once everyone realized that was how it's set up they started lightening up on it.

I think a lot of the flak comes from the fact that its not Cowboy Bebop.

Fair enough.
Though I think it should have been obvious from the start that it wasn't going to be Cowboy Bebop. Then again, this is GAF, where every Nintendo Direct is met with "THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING" followed by "Nintendo is dead and gone" when it doesn't meet insanely high expectations.

Seda

This princess is getting close to curry of life shitty son tier level character.

At least I remember next episode
being pretty damn good.

Even though I don't really remember the specifics, when I think of Naruto filler, I recall quite enjoying this part you are on, much to my surprise. Might be the next episodes I'm thinking of.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Besides the animation being worse than usual this hasn't been too bad of an arc so far.
Hinata
will be the focus of the next episode (which you don't really need spoilers for, it's easy to tell based on the title.) and I remember it being pretty cool.

The final boss if I remember correctly has
bullshit tier solar beam like powers but is going to lose in his introduction episode.

Crocodile

Fair enough.
Though I think it should have been obvious from the start that it wasn't going to be Cowboy Bebop. Then again, this is GAF, where every Nintendo Direct is met with "THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING" followed by "Nintendo is dead and gone" when it doesn't meet insanely high expectations.

I don't think the show is THAT divisive to be honest, a lot of people just went in with warped expectations. Not to say there aren't legit criticisms to be levied against the show but after the 1000th complaint about no continuity, you start to just roll your eyes. You'd think people wouldn't be all "why isn't this Cowboy Bebop?" but I called this from Day 0. People can be super predictable sometimes :p

I also think as the show has gone on it has overall gotten better and better. Even given how different each episode is creatively, the overall reactions from both the main thread and AnimeGaf have become increasingly positive. That could be in part to adjusted expectations but I definitely think some of the weakest episodes of the show have been near the start (1, 3,6)

As for the "state of anime", I dunno, given all the announcements that came out of Anime Japan (or whatever that convention in Japan last weekend was called) I haven't been more excited for anime in a long time. Hopefully all those future shows actually deliver :)

I don't get what the negative aspect of "DBZ for girls" is. Using "It's been done" as an argument against things (without providing any evidence as to how) is also pretty meh as a "joke". Stay losing VGcats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom