• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when did they announce it was coming back/premiered on newnami and when did it end? There is your answer :p

DeMarco has a tweet that says this particular deal was "years and years ago", so i guess it restarting on Toonami after a hiatus was just a coincidence (unless his definition of "years and years" is "two").

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
DeMarco has a tweet that says this particular deal was "years and years ago", so i guess it restarting on Toonami after a hiatus was just a coincidence (unless his definition of "years and years" is "two").

I generally assume Demarco doesn't know much about any of the legal issues. They almost always seem to take him by surprise. And really, unless you're in the legal department, it wouldn't be surprising to not be too in the know.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well when did they announce it was coming back/premiered on newnami and when did it end? There is your answer :p

yeah you should def read the last like 3 or 4 pages bass, we talk about your favorite thing :p

Whoops had to miss a week. Was at home with a crappy connection and Ive already established that I dont have cable.

Will catch up on Brotherhood, Samurai Jack and Space Dandy this week.

Something seems fishy about GMN today.

image.php

Rimshot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Long behind the chat, but Eureka's Toonami run wasn't on its original deal. Its original deal was a two year contract that expired in 2008. They made a new deal to bring it back because 1) they still had the tapes and 2) they liked it.

They just made the new deal RIGHT BEFORE Bandai went dark. And by "right before," I mean Eureka debuted on Toonami 2 weeks before Bandai announced it was ceasing all distribution a few months later.

Aaaaaah.

Amikami

Banned
Kill la Kill: 9-12

So being the spoiled Southern LA resident I am, the rainy weather gave me an excuse to be unproductive and stay indoors. Took the time to watch through these episodes Saturday morning, and I have to say, I’m glad that I watched this particular group of episodes back to back. I think it must leave a much better impression than if I was to watch them separately.

Starting out, I was wondering how Ryuuko planned on pulling it off.
She got her ass handed to her with one elite, I couldn’t imagine her fighting all 4. So it was a stupid move regardless of the outcome of ep 9 and 10 and so on. Its not like she knew that these powers were going to awaken yet she’s dumbly confident. Speaking of powers, I was starting to call bullshit. So many powers out the ass, but it seem that the quick advancement will be explained or maybe already explained by episode 12. Her powers seem connected directly to her emotions. Kind of cliché but the powers a non-issue to me now that they have been explained and I enjoyed them in the end. Now I'm actually more interested to see what else they'll be able to pull off since Senketsu is not a static transformation. It could get pretty insane if all you need is a strong will and a bit of high emotions to shape the transformation
. And episode 12 is such a loop. Of course I didn’t see that coming. I don’t know how to feel about that but I think it was really all pretty exciting. Damn, shit really hit the fan there and things are only going to get more dangerous

The tournaments were pretty good, I think. Her battle with Gamagoori was a tad bit on the awkwardly funny side just because of all the ‘punishment’ and innuendo but exciting and it had its moments. Inumuta was pretty lame, though. I didn’t really like anything about him. Glad the battle only lasted half an episode. Even his Goku uniform is a cheap ass Raiden uniform. Jakuzure was the most fun really.
She has a great presence whenever she’s on the screen and fighting because of her unique way of fighting, and of course the music makes her very distinct. Her Goku suit was pretty crazy but it made for an interesting battle.
Around this time, Ryuuko and Senketsu’s asspull moves was getting pretty fun actually because I had started to enjoy the episodes for the all-out-beat-the-shit-out-of-everyone tournament it was.
Then came what I thought would be the grand finale battle between Ryuuko and
Sanageyama. I was a bit disapointed
They were really building it up with some hype and then
Nui shows up with the revelations and shit. In the end, it was a good tradeoff, I guess. Though I don’t really like Nui’s character so far, when you make Satsuki get her ass down there, you’re okay.
From the moment the character showed up, things got pretty insane but in a good way.

And throughout all 4 episodes, bless Mako’s heart.

Overall exposed count as of this episode: 64
Overall almost exposed count as of this episode: 29
Number of times to convince yourself that you really do watch it for the plot: 93

Gosh this is getting crazy. Guess that marks the end of the first half.

Seda

I'm bored so here are some quick thoughts:

Bleach: The whole "I was distant towards people because I was afraid of becoming too attached and later hurting them" is an overdone element.

Shipudden: It's sad that we are 9 episodes in and we are still really "setting up" this arc. Reminder, the arc is 32 episodes.

One Piece: As I stated earlier, the twist of loyalties was indeed an unexpected twist, but I don't think it was totally shocking because most of those characters weren't much established in the first place, with Kaku as a slight exception. It /is/ interesting to see how things mentioned way back in Alabasta are finally appearing again. That is one thing One Piece seems to deal with fairly well, setting up plot elements that may not come to a head for quite some time. It adds a level of cohesiveness to the narrative.

Blue Exorcist: So the main objective is for Rin to beat up Satan because he killed Fujimoto. I just feel like there's not much substance here? Hopefully introducing some new characters in this exorcist school with whatever traits/abilities and adding some character interactions can improve things.

Soul Eater: Better than last week, but again, nothing since Medusa's demise has clicked with me much. Asura is just a boring villain.

Samurai Jack: I'm enjoying this show more than I thought I would. It's not at all complex but it's just fun to see what Jack encounters in Aku's future.

Yeah, out of those three, That's the one show I would consider going back and looking at all of the episodes. It's also one that I enjoy watching.

At worst I'd suggest picking up the manga and marathoning that to be caught up with toonami. I think Jintor read like 100 chapters last night in the span of like 2 hours and is more or less caught up with toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's funny because of all the shows I've seen more than once (Inuyasha, Samurai Jack, GITS:SAC, FMA:B, Naruto, One Piece, Naruto Shippuden) I'm enjoying Jack the least so far. Meanwhile I can watch these episodes of Naruto and One Piece and GITS and Inuyasha over and over again without getting bored.

Still got two weeks until I've seen every episode of IGPX, though I've seen the ending of season 2 a ton.

I think this summer I'm going to catch up on Bleach dub.

Shipudden: It's sad that we are 9 episodes in and we are still really "setting up" this arc. Reminder, the arc is 32 episodes.

Luckily it picks up at the end of next episode for a bit, then slows down slowly after a few episodes, and then ramps up again.

It's funny because of all the shows I've seen more than once (Inuyasha, Samurai Jack, GITS:SAC, FMA:B, Naruto, One Piece, Naruto Shippuden) I'm enjoying Jack the least so far. Meanwhile I can watch these episodes of Naruto and One Piece and GITS and Inuyasha over and over again without getting bored.

Still got two weeks until I've seen every episode of IGPX, though I've seen the ending of season 2 a ton.

I think this summer I'm going to catch up on Bleach dub.

Luckily it picks up at the end of next episode for a bit, then slows down slowly after a few episodes, and then ramps up again.

Bleach dub is the only show on the block that I'm not technically caught up on, well fma:b was too but at least I've read all of that and seen probably 75% of all its episodes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I wonder if casting Cam Clarke was intentional after the whole "we were both created" line.

Moaradin

Well, it will pick up once the major fight starts up in this arc. These beginning parts of Shippuden are the slowest periods that the show will have for hundreds of episodes. It's definitely the period where the least amount of things are happening.

I just want us to get to some of the later better fights, despite my frustrations with how shippudens story goes its fights were still fairly entertaining and I imagine animated they'll be a lot better

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Did I mention that tonight's Naruto synopsis is "The Death of Naruto?"

Yep, he's dead. The rest of filler will cover the exploits of four people each with a claim to Naruto's ninja jesusdom and their struggles for acceptance in a world devoid of its Hero.

Konohamaru is the soul of Naruto. Cyborg Naruto came from the moon or so. A random Shadow clone is the energy of Naruto and Naruko is the failed teenage clone made by project Cadmus.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kill la Kill: 9-12

So being the spoiled Southern LA resident I am, the rainy weather gave me an excuse to be unproductive and stay indoors. Took the time to watch through these episodes Saturday morning, and I have to say, I’m glad that I watched this particular group of episodes back to back. I think it must leave a much better impression than if I was to watch them separately.

Starting out, I was wondering how Ryuuko planned on pulling it off.
She got her ass handed to her with one elite, I couldn’t imagine her fighting all 4. So it was a stupid move regardless of the outcome of ep 9 and 10 and so on. Its not like she knew that these powers were going to awaken yet she’s dumbly confident. Speaking of powers, I was starting to call bullshit. So many powers out the ass, but it seem that the quick advancement will be explained or maybe already explained by episode 12. Her powers seem connected directly to her emotions. Kind of cliché but the powers a non-issue to me now that they have been explained and I enjoyed them in the end. Now I'm actually more interested to see what else they'll be able to pull off since Senketsu is not a static transformation. It could get pretty insane if all you need is a strong will and a bit of high emotions to shape the transformation
. And episode 12 is such a loop. Of course I didn’t see that coming. I don’t know how to feel about that but I think it was really all pretty exciting. Damn, shit really hit the fan there and things are only going to get more dangerous

The tournaments were pretty good, I think. Her battle with Gamagoori was a tad bit on the awkwardly funny side just because of all the ‘punishment’ and innuendo but exciting and it had its moments. Inumuta was pretty lame, though. I didn’t really like anything about him. Glad the battle only lasted half an episode. Even his Goku uniform is a cheap ass Raiden uniform. Jakuzure was the most fun really.
She has a great presence whenever she’s on the screen and fighting because of her unique way of fighting, and of course the music makes her very distinct. Her Goku suit was pretty crazy but it made for an interesting battle.
Around this time, Ryuuko and Senketsu’s asspull moves was getting pretty fun actually because I had started to enjoy the episodes for the all-out-beat-the-shit-out-of-everyone tournament it was.
Then came what I thought would be the grand finale battle between Ryuuko and
Sanageyama. I was a bit disapointed
They were really building it up with some hype and then
Nui shows up with the revelations and shit. In the end, it was a good tradeoff, I guess. Though I don’t really like Nui’s character so far, when you make Satsuki get her ass down there, you’re okay.
From the moment the character showed up, things got pretty insane but in a good way.

And throughout all 4 episodes, bless Mako’s heart.

Overall exposed count as of this episode: 64
Overall almost exposed count as of this episode: 29
Number of times to convince yourself that you really do watch it for the plot: 93

Gosh this is getting crazy. Guess that marks the end of the first half.

Glad your still enjoying it, when
nui
shows up it lead to the most hype moment in the entire show for me

Cwarrior

Rurouni kenshin ep38-40(kyoto arc)

This feels a lot pokemon with the gang meeting various people on there journey to johto, ending the episode with them cheerfully waving goodbye to them.

I wish they would stop teasing/blueballing kenshin reverting back into manslayer mode only to pussy out, am long sick of it already, it's clear he isn't going to go full manslayer mode any time soon and what the fuck is up with kenshin age, is he vampire? his the only one that didn't age at all from the meji era.

Can't get enough of Departure track-what a badass track

Cool to see sagara sonosuke get some new moves, hopefully it helps move him from full time jobber position so far he makes yamcha look like a winner :/

Saito Hajime is straight Kingpin level boss, his the one true shinsengumi based character unlike those lame disappointing fakes in gintama.

arc looks like it's beginning to truly start, kenshim got his new sword check and most of main character except sonosuke have made it to kyoto.

Nah I think she's less crazy Hexadecimal and will merge with Megabyte to form Gigabyte, a super virus.

Yeah I thought about that after posting

That's a retro series that needs to be brought back for a one night marathon reboot. We'd all watch it and go "hahaha oh wow"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Season one was (maybe still is) on Netflix and I enjoyed every second of it. Tons of 90's programming jokes and pop culture references though.

Watching the Oscars right now.

Don't ask why, but I feel like I'm supposed to be watching it for some reason. Even though I could care less and it's reeaaaaally boring.

I just wish my twitter didnt have to suffer due to damn award nights, even if sunday is typically just boring otherwise, this is worse than boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom