• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why KLK's fanservice is so "bothersome", it's all clearly tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be serious at all.
It's not like SAO where it's trying to have a serious scene then ASS RIGHT THERE IN THE SHOT!

Honestly it depends on what the fan service is and why it's there, it doesn't bother me much in KLK because outside of the first few episodes they really don't draw attention to it and it's you slowly kind of forget the characters are in skimpy outfits for the most part. I can see why it's bothersome in something like SAO however where often you'll have serious scenes where the shot for no reason focuses on a character's ass or bust for no reason.

Jintor

I think it's all in fun and whatever but it's still mighty distasteful during Ryuuko's transformation sequence when they jam a camera right between her legs, y'know?

the astoundingly detailed ass shot in SAO's murder mystery is still more disturbing though

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think it's all in fun and whatever but it's still mighty distasteful during Ryuuko's transformation sequence when they jam a camera right between her legs, y'know?

the astoundingly detailed ass shot in SAO's murder mystery is still more disturbing though

To be fair, I don't anybody would accuse Kill La Klll of being tasteful in the first place.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzTI_wq4FyUE_Y0

zlCfzTI_wq4FyUE_Y0

And the way I retro'd this one up, was to go for that awkward Eagle/bird nose look that was popular in things like Cyborg 009... because making him a ninja turtle seemed a bit too extreme!

Jintor

To be fair, I don't anybody would accuse Kill La Klll of being tasteful in the first place.

that's true, but there's a 'man i'm having fun with this' level of distasteful and a 'YERRRGHHHHH' level of distatsteful KLK occasionally breaks through to

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
that's true, but there's a 'man i'm having fun with this' level of distasteful and a 'YERRRGHHHHH' level of distatsteful KLK occasionally breaks through to

I can see that but I guess I am not bothered because I know anime can do so much worse then this. Not even talking about Sword Art Online either.

Jintor

Eh, I mean, knowing the anime can do worse is not really a great reason to give KLK a pass, you know? I mean on a personal level yeah whatevs. But just because worse stuff exists doesn't mean this stuff ain't bad.

But hey, I like KLK regardless so whatevs

just not a first date kind of anime y'know

Is there a show that makes anyone else physically angry, like Family Guy?

SAO

Having a boring girlfriend is indulging in tropes?

Oh definitely. It's whole thing is that it's self aware of the tropes with light novels and attempts to satirize them by referencing them in the story, but instead of subverting said tropes it plays them straight like the LNs it doesn't think it is.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Because Family Guy is Family Guy. It's just so fucking stupid...it physically hurts...

I remember a few years ago Seth McFarlane stated he didn't want it to enter the same zombie state as The Simpsons. Too late.

Gorillaz

I remember a few years ago Seth McFarlane stated he didn't want it to enter the same zombie state as The Simpsons. Too late.

hasn't he been mainly putting his time into american dad instead of FG? basically did what they did when futurama came up and shifted some of the "better" staff to that

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Thaht's right, if you screw over things with a chick, just knock out her current boyfriend and everything will be a-ok.

( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
hasn't he been mainly putting his time into american dad instead of FG? basically did what they did when futurama came up and shifted some of the "better" staff to that

His main focus has been movies now.
Like Ted, its upcoming sequel, and that awful Western movie which was just 90 minutes of Family Guy jokes in the old west.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't you love it when TV shows reference internet memes that haven't been used in YEARS? Even when they originally aired?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The problem with Family Guy is that due to the nature of the jokes it has no real staying power. Like what we may have thought was a good episode in 2007 will suck horribly now due to the way it's jokes age.

Let us never speak of this again.

I'm down with that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The problem with Family Guy is that due to the nature of the jokes it has no real staying power. Like what we may have thought was a good episode in 2007 will suck horribly now due to the way it's jokes age.
That's the biggest problem when your main focus is on pop culture references. The more you reference, the more it feels dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom