• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I come in here and see people throwing shade at KND.

Y'all have no childhood. KND was pure whacky fun x100.

vf1S5LD.gif

My bigger issue with this KND revival is the space theme seems really out of place. I guess its still more faithful then that Scooby Doo reboot abomination they recently teased

Puruzi

Banned
My bigger issue with this KND revival is the space theme seems really out of place. I guess its still more faithful then that Scooby Doo reboot abomination they recently teased
It's a continuation, it would have to use the space theme what with Numbuh 1 joining the Galactic KND.

It's a continuation, it would have to use the space theme what with Numbuh 1 joining the Galactic KND.

I never saw the end of KND, but they could/should have done a reboot instead of a continuation imo

Also our lord and savior Sakurai will be giving us Mewtwo dlc soon!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ed, Edd, and Eddy was one of my favorite CN shows as a kid.

Also keep forgetting next week is SAO2....& AoT's 3rd time airing.

Gorillaz

Sorry man. That show was just alright.
I didn't really like Ed, Edd, and Eddy either which apparently was really popular.
67b.jpg

KND hate
E,E,E hate
Never played a MGS game

thread is straight up disgusting me right now, I'm disappointed. Next people gonna say they hate rocko's modern life

I'll admit I was never a big fan of Ed, Edd, and Eddy, it was probably the Cartoon Cartoon I enjoyed the least of the ones I liked/watched.

Top: Power Puff Girls, Courage, Grim Adventures,

Mid: Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Codename KND

Low: Evil Con Carne, Ed Edd Eddy

Bottom: Cow & Chicken, I am Weasel

Didn't watch/Don't remember: Anything else

I also didn't realize Ed Edd and Eddy continued to make new episode until 2009 O_O That's the longest any Cartoon Cartoon was on the air

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember hating Johnny Bravo as a kid, but I think that's because I watched it before I hit the potential peak of puberty & was still in the "oh, girls. Don't really care" phase.

Gorillaz

Johnny Bravo was lowkey hilarious to me back then.

There is no way that shit would fly today tho, even if it was a satirical take on gender roles

edit: man gawd how do you feel knowing that in a week on wrestlemania sunday that wall sina will fall?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I miss the days when cartoons were allowed to get away with more stuff. I get a good laugh out of what Animaniacs was able to joke about (like in one episode, a pilgrim is trying to get back a turkey. "GIVE ME THE BIRD!" "We'd love to, but the Fox censors won't let us!"). I feel like some of those shows truly were trying to be enjoyable for the entire family instead of today where it feels like "oh, it's appropriate for all ages, but only the younger kids will actually enjoy it."

Jarate

Banned
I miss the days when cartoons were allowed to get away with more stuff. I get a good laugh out of what Animaniacs was able to joke about (like in one episode, a pilgrim is trying to get back a turkey. "GIVE ME THE BIRD!" "We'd love to, but the Fox censors won't let us!"). I feel like some of those shows truly were trying to be enjoyable for the entire family instead of today where it feels like "oh, it's appropriate for all ages, but only the younger kids will actually enjoy it."
Welcome to feeling like an old person...

Most modern comedies get away with a lot niwadays, but actuon shows do not. It's why there's no good action shows anymore.

Line_HTX

At least it's not the Ocean Dub of DBZ where the words were changed.

Home For Infinite Losers, going to the next dimension, and a whole hosts of edits that I don't remember.

Side note, I wonder how this thread would go on certain episodes of DBZ when nothing is going on but screaming. Example:
Ep. 276 where the transformation is nothing but painful screaming.

Jarate

Banned
At least it's not the Ocean Dub of DBZ where the words were changed.

Home For Infinite Losers, going to the next dimension, and a whole hosts of edits that I don't remember.

Side note, I wonder how this thread would go on certain episodes of DBZ when nothing is going on but screaming. Example:
Ep. 276 where the transformation is nothing but painful screaming.
Screaming is at least better then nothing in Naruto

Naruto needs more screaming rather then shots of lizards eating bugs

Jarate

Banned
The change from Gurren Lagann and Deadman Wonderland to SAO II and Attack on Titan will be absolutely devsastating for me

Yall better make this SAO II watch hilarious or else ill be pissed

Line_HTX

Libra me From Hell:

Grant them eternal rest, O Lord

So happy I rewatched this epic series. I always hated the Sci-Fi edit years ago.

Now if only the price to own this wasn't so excrutiatingly expensive.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One more week until Bryce Papenbrook returns.

This thread will love Kirito-chan =D

Double Papenbrook since Attack on Titan is re-running again.

I'm curious how he'll portray girl Kirito though. I'm sensing a lot of valley girl speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom