• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever JoJo gets dubbed Seitz is gonna be an amazing Dio. He's gonna devour the scenery

Alternatively, he'll be a terrible Dio because his voice doesn't match the character at all :(.

My kingdom for Crispin Freeman as Dio.

I'd even take David Vincent before Seitz.

Seitz should have been Jotaro, since he did Star Platinum's oras anyway.

LOLDSFAN

ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH

http://i.imgur.com/TbLCVao.gif

http://i.imgur.com/FHNtqVe.gif

http://i.imgur.com/hC6f2BG.gif

http://i.imgur.com/W8IOmxk.gif

http://i.imgur.com/kwdOmTK.gif

BONUS (Because it doesn't fit with the theme)

loCbNoE.gif

My man.

Crocodile

I'd agree with that, despite Final Act adapting like 8 manga chapters in one episode I couldn't care about what was happening with Sango and her demons being angsty about "being posioned". Perhaps if this concept of Hryakos being made of lots of demons had been introduced earlier, or if Sango wasn't generally completely useless in battle, I'd give a crap.

I'll cosign all of this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MICHELLE RUFF? YOU MEAN MIHARU FROM GIRLS BRAVO, MIU FROM DEARS, & CREAM FROM SONIC THE HEDGEHOG?!?

ckohler

This week’s theme was DEATH! So many characters died. There was Nappa, a bunch of no-stars, dozens of shadow clones, a couple of demons, most of Team Dai-Gurren, and all of Scar Chain! On to the reviews:

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - Such an epic fight that just keeps getting more epic. It was brutal of Vegeta to off Nappa like that but it does fit with his character considering Nappa was pretty much paralyzed. It’s an effective way to make a villain seem even more evil in eyes of the viewer. Ironic, considering most villains in Dragon Ball (including Vegeta) eventually go on to become sorta-heros. Of course Goku has to keep upping his Kai-o-Ken beyond the point he should but then it wouldn’t be DBZ if things didn’t continue to escalate. Bring on next week! Rating: Over 20,000!

Kill la Kill - I won’t disagree on the obvious money saving involved in this episode but I think it’s a disservice to say the show only looked this way simply for budgeting reasons. I think Imashi made the animation look so simplistic because he WANTED this episode to have a real slapstick, Loony-Toons appearance. It’s too bad Maiko got expelled. She was a hilarious foil and her English VA knocked it out of the park. Next week is when I feel David Vincent finally begins to get good at voicing Senketsu. Rating: 5 cheeses out of 5!

Naruto: Shippuden - I still can’t help but continue to question the whole shadow clone dilemma. Like, how far away can a clone get from its creator? Do they have their own wants and desires? Do they even know they are clones? Could Naruto make a shadow clone of someone else and then would that clone behave like Naruto or the person it is a clone of? As for the rest of the episode, it looks like the arc is finally starting and I like that Ino-Shika-Cho are going to be around. Hopefully they show off their jutsus. The hats on these new villains look pretty dumb, though. Rating: CONSTIPATED SHOUTING!

InuYasha: The Final Act - Sango isn’t an amazing character but I like her enough. It was a cool episode and the pervy comedy moments were fun. I also liked how they are dealing with Miroku’s asthma issues by not curing it and instead just making the pain subside. It would have been easier (and less interesting) for him to simply have been cured. This Poison Sage or whatever seems like another weird, enigma character. Is this more obscure Japanese folklore or is Takahashi just making up more crazy shit? He’s got these freakishly long arms and lives in pots full of sake! The ancient world of InuYasha really defies all logic. Rating: 0.50 Blood Alcohol Level

Gurren Lagann - The Anti-Spirals finally show their hand and much of Team Dai-Gurren is easily dispatched. I really liked the cliffhanger nature of this episode. Just as you start to think nothing can stop Team Dai-Gurren, everything is pulled out from under them and just as Simon is about to transform Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann for revenge, the entire moon-sized ship itself is swallowed by a mysterious black sea in space. Will humanity survive? Tune in next week! Rating: SALUTE!

One Piece - Thanks to MetatronM for explaining the history behind the Rumble Balls. I was kinda lost considering that hasn’t ever been satisfactorily explained during Toonami’s run of One Piece. The flashbacks were lost on me (who was the old women?) but I got the basic gist that apparently he’s done this before to tragic end. Monster Chopper looks equal parts scary and awesome. I can’t wait to watch Yo-Yoi guy have the everliving crap beat out of him (I hope)! However, next week is some “Boss Luffy” thing so I’m not even sure if we’ll see more of the battle. Rating: 3 Rumble Balls out of 4

Deadman Wonderland - Another show, like Final Act, that is clearly running at warp speed. They introduce this new, little girl villian and then she’s dead within the same episode. Was this series cut short or was it always the plan to have just 13 episodes? It was pretty brutal watching all of Scar Chain get dispatched so quickly however I never really got a chance to know them so it felt a little empty. The Uber-Monk guy continues to be annoying with his whole “rock-star-wannabe” schtick. I am curious as to why Shiro wanted the info on the thumb drive destroyed but I’m guessing it has something to do with her just being cray-cray. Rating: Shiny-Shiny-Boom!

Since we know that SAO II is coming, what is the other show that is going to air once both Gurren Lagann and Deadman Wonderland end at the same time?

bigkrev

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

I didn't get home till around 3, so I didn't watch any Toonami this week. I drank a bunch of really fruity drinks and generally had a good time.

Deadman Wonderland - Another show, like Final Act, that is clearly running at warp speed. They introduce this new, little girl villian and then she’s dead within the same episode. Was this series cut short or was it always the plan to have just 13 episodes? It was pretty brutal watching all of Scar Chain get dispatched so quickly however I never really got a chance to know them so it felt a little empty. The Uber-Monk guy continues to be annoying with his whole “rock-star-wannabe” schtick. I am curious as to why Shiro wanted the info on the thumb drive destroyed but I’m guessing it has something to do with her just being cray-cray. Rating: Shiny-Shiny-Boom!

Since we know that SAO II is coming, what is the other show that is going to air once both Gurren Lagann and Deadman Wonderland end at the same time?

That's basically how it happens in the manga IIRC. It's a monthly series and the mangaka generally lets quiet a bit happen each month so when the anime combines 2 40 page chapters into 1 episode you get the pacing we witness.

There's a possibility Toonami would just lose the Deadman slot and simply be 12-3 with 6 premiers.

Crocodile

They still have Bebop HD which they didn't finish airing and they still haven't rerun Dandy Season 2. There are still things they can do with that 3-3:30 slot.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That's basically how it happens in the manga IIRC. It's a monthly series and the mangaka generally lets quiet a bit happen each month so when the anime combines 2 40 page chapters into 1 episode you get the pacing we witness.

There's a possibility Toonami would just lose the Deadman slot and simply be 12-3 with 6 premiers.

Short and sweet is better than long and drawn out. Fate/Zero on Toonami When?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
When we said we wanted robots back on Toonami, we didn't mean Chappie.

DeMarco confirms that Slayers, Escaflowne and Magic Knight Rayearth could have been building blocks of old school Toonami. had it not been for Fox Kids.

http://ask.fm/Clarknova/answer/124961703657
Wow, I barely remember Escaflowne, but had no idea they had the rights to Slayers. I remember when Fox had shows like Flint the Time Detective & Mon Colle Knights.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
DeMarco confirms that Slayers, Escaflowne and Magic Knight Rayearth could have been building blocks of old school Toonami. had it not been for Fox Kids.

http://ask.fm/Clarknova/answer/124961703657

Oh yeah I heard about this.
Only Escaflowne actually aired on Fox Kids, and it was severely edited to shift focus away from the female protagonist. Something that also happened with the Cardcaptor Sakura dub

Oh god no.
I mean, it's good music, but it is NOT Dragon Ball appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom