• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO would be a good replacement for KlK but I'm holding out hope to continue the killing with Akame Ga Kill! every 3:00am only TOONAMI.

XVA4S1j.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
R.U.F?

Somehow I was reminded of Alisa Bosconovitch's head bomb throw looking at this sketch of Mira, haha

Ambiguously don't-ban-me-plz-Nintendo-safe abbreviations for... whatever you want it to be, ha. "Are You F****?" "Robots Understand ***?!?" "R.U.O.K? BUSTA ****!"

I'm glad it's not just me who was thinking of Alisa! While that wasn't the first pose I was going to put her into, reminding us of odd bathroom moments, giving our chucking skel a pair of non-panties to slyly stare at, and the fact it was one of the easiest to find references for this Ep (!!!...?...!!!) all pushed it to the top.

BBboy20

Statue looks like concept art out of bayonetta
Looks like something Nomura would design.

Dragovich. Kravchenko. Steiner. These men must die.
Dammit! I just got those quotes out of my head.
MASON WHAT DO THE NUM-oh it's been done.
We should play some Black Ops 1 together one day (assuming you have the 360 version...and XBLGold...)

Anyone try BK's hot dogs?
They're not messy, at least.

We all hate ubisoft games and buy them anyways.

This isn't teen specific depressingly.
Rainbow Six: Siege might be the best online competitive shooter that is on 3 out of 4 current generation platforms.

It's kind of gross how Ubisoft still uses his name like that
Far as I know, Rainbow Six is the only adaption.

I hope next week, this is the introduction to the skeleton we keep seeing.

0SZIUqA.gif
Is this JonTron?

So apparently the new Hitman game is pretty good. And I wanna play it.

But that would mean supporting a game that is always online for no reason...

a407e907194fe72506e63cdd02ddeb16.gif
Flarz sold it to me for 35 bucks...but really?

I'm so excited I'm going to be one of like 28 people on the planet who pays money to see Hardcore Henry
this is a real movie?
Hardcore Henry sounds like the kind of dumb thing I'd come up with in Middle School. I'm so hyped for it.
I keep wondering that myself.
I feel like I should be more excited for Hardcore Harry, but I don't know if I could stand the first person view for an entire movie length. Maybe 10 minutes or an episode of a show at max.
What is Hardcore Henry?
The commercial has its moments, but I would have rather they did the concept with point break.
Action movie shot entirely in first-person.
It looks like a $15 XBLA game.
This henry movie seems like an awful idea.
Hardcore Henry...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96EChBYVFhU

So, watching this before Deadpool lite up the screen, at first, it seemed like every single first-person-shooting trope and visual design was smashed into one film, even including '90s bad FMV acting, but then the later half of the trailer, it kind-of started being cool, more random, more chaotic, more "weird" to the point where that, at the end, it seemed like if somebody wanted to turn Clockwork Orange into a FPS. Now, it'll probably still be dumb but rather it'll be intentionally so or not remains unknown. I do wonder if this movie exists because of some internet entertainer who did first-person-action videos got a lucky break with Hollywood and now had a much bigger budget to do the same thing. Ben Affleck was suppose to star in some heist movie that was also depicted in the first-person view but dunno what happened to that.

Hey there toonami gaf. I haven't been here for a couple of weeks, because my job has been asking me to stay overtime a lot. Tonight I literally just said fuck it. Glad to be here.
I noticed you posting else where but yeah, glad to see you back, Ami. ^.^

Killer 7 4 Life.

Well the dudes from the Wii game Ghost Squad got it right.
Hey, another fan!

Has anyone here watched any Venture Bros. Season 6?

If so, how is it?
One of the best things you will see on TV.

BTW, The Division is a lot of fun.
Is reaching level 50 fast the equivalence of saying "That's it?" when you beat Destiny's story missions? Because I've been told you're better off playing DayZ or ARMA to get the desired results of what you expect from a open-world tactical/survival shooter because "The Grind" is not something I would want out of next-gen games. Because going rogue and able to lose hours worth of XP over enemies spawning in your area looked like bullshit.

I cant wait for the sequel

THE LONG DIVISION
Hey!

How is anyone missing in that Division commercial?

They're 10 feet away.
I know, right? =/

Heh... Just dreadful
A bit judgmental there?

2 minutes Chris.
Total. Global. Snatcheration.

These guys are idiots among jobbers.
Not that it would have mattered as it turns out.

Sounds like you need some computer love.
Now let's crank up the sadness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xCph6dPljg

It's his heart that's been beat up.
787724.gif

Forgot how heartbreaking that episode was.
...yeah...-_-

GARBAGE DAY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Really good night of Toonami honestly.

Dragon Ball Z Kai
Vegeta is the Prince of all Saiyans once again! Giving into his anger on never surpassing Goku, Vegeta achieves the legendary power-up. ... Which is no longer so legendary as he's now the third person to do it.
With it he decimates Android 19, making a mockery of Trunks warning. Then again, the timeline changed with Goku's heart attack coming later than intended so...

Dimension W
More of a character episode as we see Mira being adorable and trying to fit in. Plus some world building with "Number" Coils and the current CEO of Neo-Tesla. Next week should look better.

Parasyte:
I hate it when we get shows where they're better without the protagonist.
Soooo much death. The "humans are the real monsters" message was layered on thick and hard. Of course the timing of police brutality here in the states certainly didn't help.
Gotou too stronk.

Samurai Champloo:
Poor Jin, love found but soon lost. At least she didn't die so that's a positive. Amazing how Watanabe is able to do good romance stories in half an hour when most movies can't do it in 90-120 minutes.
Also, BUG FIGHTING! That's what inspired Satoshi Tajiri to make Pokemon (that and Gashapon machines)

Naruto Shippuden:
Even with action, I do not fucking care. These villains suck, they got hurt by Tenten. How is there 9 episodes of this shit left?

One Piece:
The final scene of this episode is a classic, make no bones about it. YOHOHOHOHOHO!
We finally meet Brook, and anyone not familiar with One Piece are going to love him. As you can see, he's a singing talking afro skeleton. He's a perverted gentlemen, loves skeleton puns, rather honest (admitting that yes he does poop) and takes up Luffy's offer to join his crew. That's all from the first appearance and really does show the strength of Oda's character writing when all that is from a few minutes.

"Why did you cancel Bleach?"

"Yo, are seeing someone lady I've never talked to before?"

"I should ask about Space Dandy, but let's talk about Bleach..."

Seda

I hear it was really bad last year so its not surprising.

Basically, they made a few announcements (AGK, Michiko&Hatchin, Toonami app) and then were on the receiving end of a bunch of really cruddy questions.

They can (still) announce things and avoid the cringe by staying away.

Basically, they made a few announcements (AGK, Michiko&Hatchin, Toonami app) and then were on the receiving end of a bunch of really cruddy questions.

They can (still) announce things and avoid the cringe by staying away.

A bad live Q&A can be really bad and considering the kind of shows that appear on Toonami, it's not surprising that it drew a pretty middling crowd full of bad questions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto Shippuden is actually ending this year in Japan it looks like. We'll finally be able to figure out a rough date for the end of Naruto on TOONAMI!

Also there are three shows ending in the next three months on TOONAMI. Parasyte, Kill la Kill, and Dimension Ass. Only Dimension Ass will end during the spring/summer con season

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That Q&A in a nutshell:
"Do not ask about show acquisitions"
*95% ask about show acquisitions*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Plot twist, the skeleton was actually a former 4Kids employee & he was gonna sing "yo ho ho, he took a bite of gum gum yo", but he forgot the lyrics.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Back in my day, we actually got the OP & EDs for all our animes without any issues.

You kids these days with your licensing issues & replacement songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom