• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
lWAanb7.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Goku has a Super Saiyan surprise for the Androids as he kicks off the fighting by battling Android 19, Kyoma and Mira tackle their first case together as they target a dramatic but not very successful art thief, the police set their sights on Hirokawa's circle of parasites, Mugen faces off against a Shaolin-trained killer in a showdown between unorthodox swordsmen, the Leaf nins split into 3 new teams, the evil Dr. Usodabada takes over Fuji TV with his heart set on fame and glory while his adorable and unbeatable nemesis Chopperman has his heart set on the ultra rare prize in Usodabada's possession, and Nudist Beach tries to regroup after Ragyo takes Satsuki captive.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 59 - Undetectable Monsters! The Androids Appear!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 60 - The Unbeatable Enemy Within! Goku vs. Android 19!
12:30 - Dimension W - 2 - Loser
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 19 - In Cold Blood
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 10 - Lethal Lunacy
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 102 - Regroup!
2:30 - One Piece - 336 - Chopperman to the Rescue! Protect the TV Station by the Shore!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 19 - Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, we're already on episode 10 of Samurai Champloo? Can't believe we're almost at the halfway point.

Raxus

2:30 - One Piece - 336 - Chopperman to the Rescue! Protect the TV Station by the Shore!

Awwww yiss...mother lovin' Chopperman.

Who's that up in the sky? A bird? A plane? No it's a reindeer?!?!

Tonight should be exciting as long as we don't forget anything important right Goku!

Soulflarz

Banned
I think it was in an Ask.FM question to Demarco
Someone has to remember this right?

Either that or the way their streaming only has the last two episodes.

We know streaming only has the last two episodes, yes.
This can be seen with how when you went on the app to watch past shows, it only showed the last two, which he did answer in an ask.fm forever ago.

Saying this all in past tense since I haven't exactly checked the app in forever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Disney is outdoing Pixar these days with 3D animated movies.

Feels that way. Though we'll see how 2017-2019 PIxar fares after the likely lull of Finding Dory and Cars 3. Saw a preview for the former, it was "eh".

So...

...did anyone here go see The Good Dinosaur?

Nope, I don't think too many people did considering it under-performed hard.

Raxus

I rented it earlier today. It was okay. Well made but very simple. Felt like a feature length short story. I enjoyed Zootopia more.

I'd agree with that. The animation is gorgeous though. Shame the story is relatively bare bones.

Zootopia came along and will slap it out of the collective consciousness.
Feels that way. Though we'll see how 2017-2019 PIxar fares after the likely lull of Finding Dory and Cars 3. Saw a preview for the former, it was "eh".

It is a damn shame Pixar isn't making challenging films anymore. They all seem to settle in for 'amusing but not great' and are more or less forgotten. Monsters University, The Good Dinosaur and the upcoming Finding Dory seem to fall into this slot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Disney and their Pixar brand are pretty hit or miss lately. I'd say Pixar has higher highs and lower lows while Disney branded movies are closer to the middle most of the times. I've liked more Disney than Pixar movies lately I must say.

Mizerman

Disney and their Pixar brand are pretty hit or miss lately. I'd say Pixar has higher highs and lower lows while Disney branded movies are closer to the middle most of the times. I've liked more Disney than Pixar movies lately I must say.

I think it's because some of their recent movies felt kinda lifeless or didn't bring anything to the table much.

Grexeno

Inside Out was god-tier Pixar again. I was really glad since that hasn't happened since Toy Story 3.

The Good Dinosaur was alright.

Raxus

Disney animation has actually been on a roll. Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Frozen, Wreck-It-Ralph were all made back to back. Their next film, Moana, looks good too.

Inside Out was god-tier Pixar again. I was really glad since that hasn't happened since Toy Story 3.

The Good Dinosaur was alright.

You make it sound like Toy Story 3 was a long time ago, the only films between TS3 and IO were Cars 2 (which is terrible), Brave (which I liked a lot but its just a good pixar film), and Monster's U (which I haven't seen tbh). This isn't like the massive gap in the 2000s where disney's animation studio laid out multiple mediocre films in a row.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It is a damn shame Pixar isn't making challenging films anymore. They all seem to settle in for 'amusing but not great' and are more or less forgotten. Monsters University, The Good Dinosaur and the upcoming Finding Dory seem to fall into this slot.

Well after Cars 3 there's Coco, their long-promoted movie about the Day of the Dead. Then there's Toy Story 4 and Incredibles 2.

You make it sound like Toy Story 3 was a long time ago, the only films between TS3 and IO were Cars 2 (which is terrible), Brave (which I liked a lot but its just a good pixar film), and Monster's U (which I haven't seen tbh). This isn't like the massive gap in the 2000s where disney's animation studio laid out multiple mediocre films in a row.

Toy Story 3 was six years ago.
There was also the fact Pixar didn't release anything in 2014.

Grexeno

Fucking Cars. Everyone knows the only reason they still get made is because kids can't stop getting their parents to buy Cars merchandise.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Disney animation has actually been on a roll. Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Frozen, Wreck-It-Ralph were all made back to back. Their next film, Moana, looks good too.

Tangled is waaay better than Frozen or Wreck-it-Ralph, one of which I found pretty average and the other borderline bad.

Raxus

Fucking Cars. Everyone knows the only reason they still get made is because kids can't stop getting their parents to buy Cars merchandise.

That and the executive Producer John Lassiter is a car nut and basically runs Disney and Pixar animation now.
Tangled is waaay better than Frozen or Wreck-it-Ralph, one of which I found pretty average and the other borderline bad.

Fight me IRL. I love that movie to pieces.

Frozen was ok quality wise but message wise and merchandise. Fucking gold mine filled with stolen diamonds. That shit will fuel Disney for years. Tangled was the better movie though.

I'll defend the first cars film as being an enjoyable film that gets far too much hate due to the insane popularity it had with kids. Cars 2 is maybe the worst animated disney or pixar film I've ever seen. Its the only film I almost walked out on, and I was on a bus heading from saint pete to orlando I was willing to walk most of the way instead of watching more of Cars 2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, Cars 1 is fine and a movie that truly resonates with really young kids.

Cars 2 is an abomination that made the two Monster's Inc. movies look respectable in contrast.

I remember thinking Cars was the most "It's okay'' movie I've ever seen.

It wasn't bad, or great. Literally everything about it is just okay.

Raxus

To this day I have yet to watch 1 minute of Cars 2 outside of trailers and I am grateful for that. I also agree Cars 1 really gets too much hate. If anything it was a preview of the rut Pixar would find itself in now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wreck-it-Ralph has a good movie inside of it, but it's about half an hour too long and yet still rushes to a half baked ending, though one with a nice message.

Frozen's problem is a lot like the one Cars faces, it's a pretty good movie all in all that is also frighteningly commercially viable and one that really speaks to the youngins.

Grexeno

If you are a parent with a daughter between the ages of 6 and 11, Frozen is your life now and there is nothing you can do about it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aww shit, I'm surrounded by people that actually like Monster's Inc. This might be a generational issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom