• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Aww shit, I'm surrounded by people that actually like Monster's Inc. This might be a generational issue.
WMRTXJD.jpg

Frozen is a good movie, but once you know the twist, you don't feel compelled to rewatch it at all.

The world of Frozen feels weirdly pedestrian.

Grexeno

I am incredibly hyped for Incredibles 2.

I hope it's just a giant "take the piss out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe" film.

Lttp but finally saw Creed, damn fine film Stallone got robbed :(

This is the reaction I initially had, too, but after seeing Bridge of Spies I'm not mad about Mark Rylance winning at all; seemed like pretty much a toss-up

Disney animation has actually been on a roll. Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Frozen, Wreck-It-Ralph were all made back to back. Their next film, Moana, looks good too.

Frozen is kinda the Cars of Disney's recent output

Raxus

This is the reaction I initially had, too, but after seeing Bridge of Spies I'm not mad about Mark Rylance winning at all; seemed like pretty much a toss-up

The supporting categories were actually rather stacked. Kind of funny considering how one sided the other acting categories were. Didn't help they didn't include strong black performances from several films.

The supporting categories were actually rather stacked. Kind of funny considering how one sided the other acting categories were. Didn't help they didn't include strong black performances from several films.

I mean if you're gonna give leo an oscar based upon body of work after being out acted by his own supporting cast then it really doesn't matter how strong of a performance anyone gave.

kewlmyc

Frozen is kinda the Cars of Disney's recent output

In terms of ridiculous merchandise money making, yeah. In terms of quality, I think Frozen is an actual good movie, with throwbacks to old princess movies while changing up the formula a bit. Cars (and especially its sequel) are just mediocre.

I won't argue that Tangled is better though.

Nah man

nah

I legit can't remember a single of his scenes in that film.

i thought he did a great job generating sympathy for a character we probably shouldn't like at all. still probably would've given it to Stallone personally but he did some good work

Abraham Attah from Beasts of No Nation should've had Best Actor on lock dammit

You know it dawned on me recently that I've never seen The Black Cauldron, Disney's infamous flop.

It's probably as bad as people say, but I will say this.

The Horned King looks awesome, and he's voiced by John Hurt, who is awesome.

You know it dawned on me recently that I've never seen The Black Cauldron, Disney's infamous flop.

It's probably as bad as people say, but I will say this.

The Horned King looks awesome, and he's voiced by John Hurt, who is awesome.

Black Cauldron was pretty great shame it was a flop think it came out at the wrong time since it was probably too dark for the audience disney had at the time.

Black Cauldron was pretty great shame it was a flop think it came out at the wrong time since it was probably too dark for the audience disney had at the time.

I have heard that The Black Cauldron is dark.

Also apparently there are people who ship The Horned King with Maleficent.

That's weird.

Best Modern Animated Film: Up

Runner Up: Toy Story

Overrated: Finding Memo or Ice Age

I never understood the love for Finding Nemo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm just glad next week is finally back to canon One Piece. I've run out of jokes to make during OP's OP.

Best Modern Animated Film: Up

Runner Up: Toy Story

Overrated: Finding Memo or Ice Age

do people actually like Ice Age? i thought that was more of a "big with kids" thing.

also i'd just like to take this opportunity to mention that, as of this year, there will have been FIVE of those movies

fite me irl about Finding Nemo

Raxus

I'm just glad next week is finally back to canon One Piece. I've run out of jokes to make during OP's OP.

At least you aren't backed into a fucking corner me with Naruto. I can't make and more Steven Universe jokes and even if I could 1)Nobody would be around to frikkin' care and 2) It just reminds me I could sit down and pick 2 random episodes of Steven Universe and arguably enjoy myself more.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
do people actually like Ice Age? i thought that was more of a "big with kids" thing.

also i'd just like to take this opportunity to mention that, as of this year, there will have been FIVE of those movies

Europe loves it. They're why there's a fifth movie coming.

At least you aren't backed into a fucking corner me with Naruto. I can't make and more Steven Universe jokes and even if I could 1)Nobody would be around to frikkin' care and 2) It just reminds me I could sit down and pick 2 random episodes of Steven Universe and arguably enjoy myself more.

I get the jokes, but this shit has gone so long that I just can't muster up caring.

I'm worried that Incredibles 2 won't live up to the same standard as the first movie.

It's been over ten years.

I know that feeling... and it will be 15 years between the two when it eventually comes out.
The bright side is that Brad Bird is in charge so we should get something awesome (Tomorrowland was not his fault)

Raxus

the first DVD i ever bought was Cats and Dogs

Oh you poor soul.

I think I still have the Rescuers Down Under on tape. I really need to find a DVD or Blu-Ray for that film. I forget my first DVD purchase but I only have made a handful.

I still have to watch Mad Max: Fury Road on Blu-Ray. I will fix that soon.

Grexeno

You guys know how there was this film that came out in fuck you it's January called Norm of the North?

When I saw the preview for that one, it was yet another time when I thought "oh this is one of those fake previews that's actually a turn off your fucking phone ad."

AND THEN IT WAS FUCKING REAL

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
NOPE

Ice Age is the 13th highest-grossing franchise of all time
Holy crap, seriously?

The 3rd one felt so "straight to video", I forgot about it not long after seeing it. I don't even recall the 4th one happening. I only knew about a 5th one happening because I saw that we got a poster to hang at our theater eventually, but I can't even remember the subtitle (continental drift?)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You guys know how there was this film that came out in fuck you it's January called Norm of the North?

When I saw the preview for that one, it was yet another time when I thought "oh this is one of those fake previews that's actually a turn off your fucking phone ad."

The titular Norm is played by Rob Schnider. Nuff said.
Chris Stuckmann's review is perfect. He notes that some of the kids at his screening were bored out of their minds.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Oh god, we had a poster for that, but it was put in the corner where most people wouldn't see it. The slogan was "bear to be different" or something stupid.

Then I found out Rob Schnider was voicing it....oooooh boy...

I'm worried that Incredibles 2 won't live up to the same standard as the first movie.

It's been over ten years.

I mean I was worried about toy story 3 in the same way I have faith in incredibles 2

Also my first dvd I bought with my own money was advent children, still love it even if its dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom