• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Piccolo runs afoul of Android #20 while a visitor returns from the future to check in on the battle, Kyoma is tasked with investigating a mysterious drowning death near the haunted Lake Yasogami, Gotou attempts to break through the siege but not before crossing paths with Shinichi, it's recap time on Champloo as Mugen digs through Fuu's diary, Shino tries to take down Guren while Tobi spots the sealing team attempting to seal the Three-Tails, the newest member of the Straw Hats introduces himself to the rest of the crew and then stuffs his face at Sanji's dinner table (even though he has no face, yohohohoho!), and Satsuki throws down with Ryuko to break her free from Ragyo's control.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 61 - No Victory for Android 19! Enter Super Vegeta!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 62 - Piccolo's Assault! Android 20 and the Twisted Future!
12:30 - Dimension W - 4 - The Mystery Hidden in Lake Yasogami
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 21 - Sex and Spirit
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 12 - The Disorder Diaries
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 104 - Breaking the Crystal Style
2:30 - One Piece - 338 - The Joy of Seeing People! The Gentleman Skeleton’s True Identity!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 21 - Incomplete

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*plays more Project X Zone 2*

"Great Teacher Valkizuka!"

This game just continues with the anime references, I love it.

Also if there's no sex or spirit tonight in Parasyte, I'm calling bull on the episode title.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, remember that one time they were hungry?

& that other time they needed money?

Oh man, & who could forget when Fuu got kidnapped?

meeeemmmoooorrriiieeeessss

ckohler

Is it a good recap episode or a bad one? Because, if it isn't great I'm going to sit that and Naruto out tonight and come back for One Piece.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it a good recap episode or a bad one? Because, if it isn't great I'm going to sit that and Naruto out tonight and come back for One Piece.

It's pretty good as far as recap episodes go. I think there is a little bit of new information in it, too, if I remember right. Don't quote me on that, though.

Champloo goes through some fairly significant changes after this point. Most of the series thus far has been one-off episodes with just one two-parter. The rest of the series from here on out is mostly multi-parters, with only something like 4 or 5 one-offs remaining.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
lWAanb7l.jpg

bigkrev

Anyone in this thread playing Miitomo? I've been fooling around with it (can't connect my Nintendo account to it yet because it blocks US accounts), and I really need some more friends!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone in this thread playing Miitomo? I've been fooling around with it (can't connect my Nintendo account to it yet because it blocks US accounts), and I really need some more friends!
I will once it releases in the US. Gonna try to play it once per day in order to get those points for My Nintendo. Based on my math, even if I just change my Mii's clothing once per day, after doing the weekly Miiverse & eShop log-in, I can get about 100 Platinum Points per week.

bigkrev

I will once it releases in the US. Gonna try to play it once per day in order to get those points for My Nintendo. Based on my math, even if I just change my Mii's clothing once per day, after doing the weekly Miiverse & eShop log-in, I can get about 100 Platinum Points per week.

Getting new clothing isn't easy- you have to put effort into the Gatcha machines or else you just get candy (which I haven't found a use for yet, though I only have 3 friends playing right now).

It's almost a mistake to say you "play" this app, because it isn't really a game. It's closer to Twitter than to a game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fair enough, as long as I can do something daily to earn some points, I'll keep using it.

I would imagine I could get the points for changing clothing as long as I have 2 sets, then just swap between them. I wanna get that Twilight Princess Picross & I guess WarioWare Touched since it's on 3DS instead of Wii U.

Line_HTX

IIRC this Champloo is recap episodes done correctly.

You rarely see good recap episodes.

As for Wolf's Rain, I watched through the last 2 out of the 4 because I liked their particualar viewpoint.

I have no frame of reference for those voices.

But at this point, I think HunterXHunter fans are just happy it's finally getting dubbed.

Seda

I dont know anything about anything about hunterxhunter but we've seen Erica show some range with Ryuko and Yuuki - curious to how she approaches voicing a boy.

Moaradin

Those are all really good VAs. Erica Mendez had a great performance as Yuuki in SAO2 so I'm really hopeful she'll be able to nail those emotional moments for Gon later on. Casting for Gon was honestly my biggest worry for the dub.

Johan Liebheart as Hisoka. That could really work.

Grexeno

Also Viz themselves got the streaming rights to Diamond is Unbreakable, so IDK if that means anything at all except it'll probably be on Hulu and not Crunchyroll.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also Viz themselves got the streaming rights to Diamond is Unbreakable, so IDK if that means anything at all except it'll probably be on Hulu and not Crunchyroll.

They licensed Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Period. Part 4 included in that. I'm surprised you guys cared about some VAs for HXH more than that bit of news. :D

Grexeno

They licensed Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Period. Part 4 included in that. I'm surprised you guys cared about some VAs for HXH more than that bit of news. :D
I only saw "for streaming". As far as I know Warner might still be the dubbers and physical releasers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe Viz will release a GOOD DVD/BD version of Jojo, because holy crap at that S1 release Warner Bros. put out.

Also, the guy voicing Hisoka voiced Vector from Sonic The Hedgehog!!
oh & I guess he also voiced Mondo from Danganronpa & Char from two Gundam animes

Jojo license seems to be only streaming (for all seasons) but the way its worded may mean Viz takes over home video, etc. responsibilities too. Maybe.

I'm glad to FINALLY hear something about HxH. Now it actually has a chance for Toonami. If only we could get rid of Nartuo :/

Hopefully it wont be stuck in permanent streaming land like Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Bakuman, why license if you wont release these on discs viz :(

bigkrev

Also, not a fan of Gon's Voice Actress, who played Nagisa in Danganronpa AE, a character I was convinced the entire game was a girl until very late they use a male gendered pronoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom