• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait most of the Parasyte the Maxim opening was in English?!

evoMindBlown.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have a One Piece question:

If the Red Line is a continent circles the planet and separates the Grand Line into two parts ("Paradise" and "The New World") then why don't Pirates just cross the Red Line by land and launch directly into the New World? Why go through "Paradise" first?

Technically they can, there's a giant fucking issue with that and you'll find out why no one does it when the Straw Hats reach the Red Line after this next arc.

Oh, if it's been said I can say it. The World Government Capital of Mariejois is right at the top of the Red Line at the half way point. It's a heavily guarded city and to get in and out requires a shitton of cash as you'll need a new boat if you take that route. Basically if you're a pirate, or anyone who isn't a world noble, you want as much space between you and that city for many, many reasons.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"Shinichi, your tongue movements seem to be slow, & from what I'm gathering, this effects how the female is feeling. Allow me to accelerate the speed in order to make your female interest feel better."

& then Shinichi's tongue was all...

tumblr_inline_n6f63qt1v81rfet7r.gif
I dont know about the rest of you, but I read that in migi's voice.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Parasyte's OP is what I believe they call an image song, that is to say the lyrics may be in English but none of it makes any sense because the singers don't know what the words mean. See also both OPs for Gatchaman Crowds.

Jarate

Banned
Blacksmith girl is probably my favorite waifu pf SAO, which isnt really saying much

I think Klein is generally a decent character though, although he desperately also wants kiritos penis

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Blacksmith girl is probably my favorite waifu pf SAO, which isnt really saying much

I think Klein is generally a decent character though, although he desperately also wants kiritos penis

He's also into various ladies, but yes, he's easily near the top of Kirito's harem.

Seda

Parasyte's in a weird place for me. I don't especially like it or look forward to it, but I don't dislike it either. It's flawed enough to not really be great but not so much so that it could really be considered bad.

It's just kinda there.

I'm maybe one notch above this.

Sometimes I find myself genuinely enjoying something (game/show/whatever) even if there are obvious issues and pitfalls. It's like finding satisfaction through amusement moreso than being actually compelling. When the narrative isn't totally awful, and if it doesn't drag too much, sometimes I am interested it see where it goes and curious to see what happens next even if I don't think it's particularly good. It's not quite like "watching a trainwreck", there has to be some hook to it although it's hard for me to describe. I think for Parasyte it's the mix of superhero origin themes with zombie movie elements that do the trick.

Wild Arms XF is probably my top video game example for this, although I'm not sure how may people in here are familiar with it. That story is a full rollercoaster - always moving, several highpoints to go along with numerous nadirs, turns out of nowhere, and so much stuff happens in general that I can't help but be entertained by it.

Catching up on the parasyte dub on my dvr

Man Sinichi's va is really bad

Said this before, but he just sounds uncomfortable whenever he has to emote surprise or anger. His natural speaking voice is 'okay' in terms of his intonations and whatnot, but..

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I still think Parasyte is a solid series marred by some poor adaptational choices, outdated writing and some obnoxious thematic elements and dropped further by a Sentai dub.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Downloaded that to try it instead of Neogaf++ via Chrome. Seems alright, especially since it adds some additional buttons like the strike function.

The "ctrl" shortcuts don't seem to be working, though.

"Shinichi, your tongue movements seem to be slow, & from what I'm gathering, this effects how the female is feeling. Allow me to accelerate the speed in order to make your female interest feel better."

& then Shinichi's tongue was all...

tumblr_inline_n6f63qt1v81rfet7r.gif

Fuck you Zonic for making me laugh so hard with a head cold. lol

Grexeno

I'm sure a lot of you guys are using Live Thread, but I could never get it to work properly. In theory I think it's supposed to constantly update a thread as new posts are made, but in practice for me it just queued them up and I had to click a refresh icon to update the thread.

I'm sure a lot of you guys are using Live Thread, but I could never get it to work properly. In theory I think it's supposed to constantly update a thread as new posts are made, but in practice for me it just queued them up and I had to click a refresh icon to update the thread.

It updates every minute which is as fast as you can post, you can hit refresh if you don't want to wait. There may be a setting that lets it update faster never bothered the minute timer is good keeps me honest about when I can post again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"It's on nemisis. Only one of us is walking away!"

"But wait....
your mother and my mother share the same name."

"Oh...we should be friends."

I feel the movie needs a Mr. Plinkett level of analysis to go over all the problems.

Wait most of the Parasyte the Maxim opening was in English?!

evoMindBlown.png

My reaction to most of the Persona OPs >.>

(Soul Phrase / P3P's opening is 75% english. WTF.)

SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE SEVEN: Temperature of the Heart

Whisper of the Heart this ain't. Her best work ever.

tXgT4ql.gif

Kirito can be a major asshole sometimes. Test it out, he says.

Lisbeth is majorly into assholes though.

Dragon Poop Sword!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg7EQpMMUq0

Speaking of SAO... I watched the part of GGO I missed because I apparently hate myself I was bored.

And uh.... What was the issue with
Sinon's Intervention
again? I mean other than
Kirito totally betraying Sinon's trust by telling Asuna and co. about Sinon's issue.
But people seemed upset over
The fact that he got the woman who Sinon saved to see her? Bringing the kid was a bit much, yes.

Regiruler

To be completely honest, I'm honestly disappointed they didn't (or haven't I guess, but we're in the final stretch so it would be awkward to implement now) give Murano a parasyte to mirror shinichi. I am strangely fascinated with that sort of character dynamic, with one character having gone through it long before tutoring a novice in how to go about day to day life. But importantly, the tutor has to be the main character or close to it, because there are leagues of shows that try to pull this at the start of the series and it simply doesn't work (prime example would be tokyo ghoul).

"Normal" human relations don't do much for me, and to be honest sex as a device is moderately appalling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom