• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

One Punch Man's dub is going to be interesting...........also Genos better be voiced by JYB.

Also thank god, Viz also confirmed they're not only considering re-dubbing Parts 1 & 2 of Jojo, but they confirmed they're going to dub Parts 3 & 4. AND A BLU-RAY RELEASE. Viz already treating Jojo waaaaaaay better than Warner. My understanding is they'll go ahead with some of the cast from the Part 3 test dub from way back.
I'd be shocked if they don't cast him.

Crocodile

Happy BD to Hellwarden

Viz announced they are dubbing One Punch Man.

Nice! Not that this was a surprise at all. Toonami plz.

Exclusive to Hulu.

SHUT UP

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if I was that baby's parents. Probably not really care in the end but yeah I could imagine those exchanges being annoying to be around.

One Punch Man's dub is going to be interesting...........also Genos better be voiced by JYB.

Also thank god, Viz also confirmed they're not only considering re-dubbing Parts 1 & 2 of Jojo, but they confirmed they're going to dub Parts 3 & 4. AND A BLU-RAY RELEASE. Viz already treating Jojo waaaaaaay better than Warner. My understanding is they'll go ahead with some of the cast from the Part 3 test dub from way back.

Oh wow they are even redubbing Parts 1 & 2? Glad to see this is going to get a proper release. The show may still be too expensive for Toonami but I'd say its chances just went up to land on he block.

Why would any intelligent man pay money to see Batman vs Superman in theaters?

The people going to see that movie aren't idiots. They're perfectly rational intelligent people.

...There are some questions that science is simply unprepared to answer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow they are even redubbing Parts 1 & 2? Glad to see this is going to get a proper release. The show may still be too expensive for Toonami but I'd say its chances just went up to land on he block.
I think Parts 1 & 2 are still up in the air. It's being considered, but it's not confirmed. But at the very least, we know it'll get re-released on DVD & have a Blu-Ray release this time around.

.......plus you could say this is a Viz show NOT exclusive to Hulu!
Then watch as the Parts 3 & 4 dubs will only be on Hulu...

Mizerman

Why would any intelligent man pay money to see Batman vs Superman in theaters?

The people going to see that movie aren't idiots. They're perfectly rational intelligent people.

...There are some questions that science is simply unprepared to answer.

Because the title. Them random joes are gonna go see it based on those two (mainly for Batman).

Afterwards, some will cry themselves to sleep.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like my hype for big movies diminish when I'm the one who has to clean up after the premiere of said films. In fact, when I see trailers or commercials, sometimes my first thought it "oh man, how busy is it going to be cleaning up after that?"

.....& then when there IS movies I want to see (like Boy & The Beast and Only Yesterday), we don't get them....

Grexeno

He was Jotaro in the test dub, so I wouldn't be shocked if he reprised his role for the actual dub (same for the rest of the test dub cast).

I know, I'm saying that they would be crazy to change it. Mercer as Jotaro and Richard Epcar as Old Joseph must stay.

I missed most everything last week and figured I should catch up on Parasyte because things were getting awesome where we left off.

"Protagonist has sexual experience with series-long love interest" is something I usually roll my eyes at, but I thought it was absolutely perfect in this case in the context of he's 100% convinced he is going to die the next day and, unfortunately, she still has absolutely no idea what's going on. Made the whole thing completely appropriate and at the same time had the dark aspect of him using/abusing her in the process.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recall the test dub was received decently well, but yes, Jotaro & Old Joseph HAVE to keep their dub voices.

There are moments where Richard Epcar's voice is perfect, especially after his experience playing Bo-Bobo.

Neoxon

I recall the test dub was received decently well, but yes, Jotaro & Old Joseph HAVE to keep their dub voices.

There are moments where Richard Epcar's voice is perfect, especially after his experience playing Bo-Bobo.
Same for Dio & Avdol. Patrick Seitz stole the whole goddamn show in the Part 1 dub, & Avdol's English VA sounds so close to his Japanese counterpart that it's almost terrifying.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, I forgot Seitz was Dio, yeah, keep him on board. Avdol's VA was probably the only one where I felt was a bit....."off", but I think it was just more of me needing to get used to the voice change.

I just wonder how long this is going to take, I wouldn't be surprised if Part 4's dub wasn't even released until late this year/sometime next year.

The clips I saw of part 1 and 2 jojo dub were fine I see no reason to redub the whole thing unless the warner dub is exclusive to warner and they HAVE to redub.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still laughing that Shinichi and Murano really did it, hahaha

It didn't surprise me that much.

That being said Parasyte has been real great for the past month or so. I've heard that a lot of people don't like the last few episodes though but I'll try to put that out of my head tonight.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Parasyte's in a weird place for me. I don't especially like it or look forward to it, but I don't dislike it either. It's flawed enough to not really be great but not so much so that it could really be considered bad.

It's just kinda there.

Jarate

Banned
Ive been really enjoying the past few episodes of Parasyte a lot more then I had been. I think the only flaw is that the YOU ARE THE TRUE EVIL shit they've been pushing down our throats is a little cliche, but this was also a series that was made 30 years ago, and im not a good enough judge of cultural story telling to understand if that was a major cliche in Japan in the 80's.

Also, im gonna start trying to make a shit ton of youtube videos. Other then just playing video games and doing that stupid shit, is there anything else that you guys would feel do well?

ckohler

I have a One Piece question:

If the Red Line is a continent circles the planet and separates the Grand Line into two parts ("Paradise" and "The New World") then why don't Pirates just cross the Red Line by land and launch directly into the New World? Why go through "Paradise" first?

Parasyte's in a weird place for me. I don't especially like it or look forward to it, but I don't dislike it either. It's flawed enough to not really be great but not so much so that it could really be considered bad.

It's just kinda there.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. Heck, sometimes I'll just do some school work with it in the background. Doesn't help that it's a Sentai dub.

Mizerman

It's just kinda there.

That's how I feel as well.

Grexeno

If the Red Line is a continent circles the planet and separates the Grand Line into two parts ("Paradise" and "The New World") then why don't Pirates just cross the Red Line by land and launch directly into the New World? Why go through "Paradise" first?

Because it's a fucking gigantic mountain cliff.

Jarate

Banned

Giant fucking mountain

Also, if you guys are interested in One Piece story, this arc is going to hint at a lot of stuff that's important for the future.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The Red Line is, if I remember right, 10,000 meters tall. It's basically sheer cliffs all the way, with one of two exceptions (like Reverse Mountain, the main entrance to the Grand Line).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh. So people in the One Piece world don't actually live there. They are born/live on the islands around it, I guess?

Mariejois, the seat of the World Government, is located on the Red Line, roughly opposite from where Reverse Mountain is. (This is information that's already been revealed in the series at this point.)

That's about the only exception.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still laughing that Shinichi and Murano really did it, hahaha
So is Shinichi the first Toonami lead to actually score?

I mean, not counting stuff like Vegeta or Goku being all "oh btw time skip happened & they have a kid".

Plus there was the fact earlier in the show, Shinichi got blue balled after being all "hey, my parents aren't home, wanna spend the night", then Murano was all "NAAAAAAAAAH, k bye"

Shinichi having sex with Murano isn't bad in itself, but in context of that episode and the way she's been written in the show in general, it seems like she's basically a prop for sex.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder what Migi thought of sexytime.
"Shinichi, your tongue movements seem to be slow, & from what I'm gathering, this effects how the female is feeling. Allow me to accelerate the speed in order to make your female interest feel better."

& then Shinichi's tongue was all...

tumblr_inline_n6f63qt1v81rfet7r.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So is Shinichi the first Toonami lead to actually score?

I mean, not counting stuff like Vegeta or Goku being all "oh btw time skip happened & they have a kid".

Plus there was the fact earlier in the show, Shinichi got blue balled after being all "hey, my parents aren't home, wanna spend the night", then Murano was all "NAAAAAAAAAH, k bye"

Do you count flashbacks?

If so, Cowboy Bebop

Do you count fully prosthetic cyborgs? If so then Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex.

Jarate

Banned
I dont think the female characters are that badly written. Shinichi is a really attractive guy, and hes mysteriously cool which a lot of chicks really like. The only one that was bad was the one that was murdered.It lacks representation in some ways, but this is a manga that takes place in 80's japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom