• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
All night, what I really wanted to draw was Frieza Summoning a Death Psycho Ball with Athena. Ike!

Krillin took an L? Not surprised there.

Migi with a tear in its eye. Poor Migi =[

We still have Son of Migi though.

I wanted to make it a running joke where Gero is the cause of all the cliff falling tonight, but I don't think I communicated that well enough, lol. I also wanted to nuke Krillin in the last panel, but time...

Would Son of Migi be like...Pinki or something? *salute*

IMO I like the penciled sketches more than the pixels, although I don't mind them. It depends on what SAB wants out of it, lol.

OH NO~

SPLASH!

SO MANY DIFFERENT TOOLS! Heh. Pencils, Crayonish colors, more Anime like flats, Legit Pixels, Messy drawing pixels, Miiverse original black and whites... so many varieties! I think I want to do more pencils too, as I miss making more solid-looking greyscale stuff. I once again kinda miss the 6 hour block, ha.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
4PSTEkB.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you want some Borderline cases of they probably had sex but you have no proof you have shows like Gundam 0083 and 08th MS Team, Black Lagoon. If you're talking about off camera stuff you have things like the epilogues of Inuyasha:The Final Act, FMA:Brotherhood.

Also I'm not going to be around much Tuesday-Thursday so I'll probably do two episodes of SAO tomorrow and Monday to make up for it.

Korigama

Rewatched Dimension W after not being fully awake/having missed some of it earlier. Hm, yeah, I understand a little better now, if only a little.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They explained exactly what happened in Dimension Ass in plain English about one and a half times. Even get character ghosts to fill in the bits you'd have to speculate on.

There's a certain problem with fast moving shows on Toonami.

People have their attention divided between watching and posting, and in some shows, sometimes missing a line means missing a huge detail that connects everything.

People have their attention divided between watching and posting, and in some shows, sometimes missing a line means missing a huge detail that connects everything.

Yeah I get pretty lost while watching Naruto fillers too.

Korigama

They explained exactly what happened in Dimension Ass in plain English about one and a half times. Even get character ghosts to fill in the bits you'd have to speculate on.
True, it's the logic behind how Dimension W itself works that required review. The events regarding the people involved were clearer by comparison (wasn't awake for the water source explanation before, nor the establishment of the maid's motive, with both of those being simple enough to comprehend in one viewing). Even only half-awake, the thing with Kamiki's younger sister not being her and instead actually being his girlfriend since his real younger sister died in a car accident long ago got through the first time.

Line_HTX

So I've been thinking about this all night and I've got a list of TOONAMI shows with main characters who definitely had sex in it, as nerdy as it sounds. We all remember Shinichi last week but I also remember these.

Outlaw Star-Gene and Hilda on the space station. This one has the added bonus of happening during DAYTIME TOONAMI.

Gundam SEED-Part of the Saturday Night short lived TOONAMI block. Gundam Jesus has sex a few times with Flay.

Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex- The major has girlfriends. Lots of them. Some into some weird shit too.

Cowboy Bebop-You could disqualify this one as a flashback but they clearly show Spike and Julia in bed together a few different times.

Gene and Hilda were shown during Daytime???

It was no secret that Major Kusanagi was into the freaky stuff with her prosthetic body and her girlfriends.

I don't think flashbacks should count.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Yup, this is a good point. I would imagine this would be even more difficult watching a very plot heavy show like Ghost in the Shell.

Korigama

While on the subject of Dimension W, between one guy in the present who was an asswipe and the first guest to get killed by one of the water monsters, and another guy in the past who was an attempted rapist, that arc really hated journalists.

Mizerman

Yup, this is a good point. I would imagine this would be even more difficult watching a very plot heavy show like Ghost in the Shell.

Oh man, if Ghost in the Shell was on Toonami, brains will start to be frying every Saturday.

...Actually, that'll be kinda amusing.

Line_HTX

Meh, it's easy for me. All I have is my phone and I'm sitting on the couch watching and listening.

I posted a lot during Ghost in the Shell when we still had the 6 1/2 hour block.

The only time I had serious difficulty keeping my posts up was the first episode of Inuyasha The Final Act.

Also, I admit to watching some Dimension W ahead of time because I want to watch it twice. I love the melodic style of the actual ED. It's the type of rock that's the best. Even that last bit of Parasyte's OP is good melodic metal.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, if Ghost in the Shell was on Toonami, brains will start to be frying every Saturday.

...Actually, that'll be kinda amusing.
It was part of the rerun block at one point, airing at like 4 a.m or so. Making it even harder to pay attention with it being so late.

Edit: Guys, Amazon just sent me an email asking me if I'm interested in anime. OH GOD THEY'VE CAUGHT ON

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Morning everyone. Kind of a weird night of Toonami.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Did Toei accidentally leave an episode of OG DBZ in there? It feels like not much happened. We learn about Dr. Gero, and they chase him. That's it. Come on guys.

Dimension W:
Coils, ghosts, no wait alternate universes, two different people, I hope this makes more sense in the manga.

Parasyte:
RIP Migi... mostly. A little bit remains.
The first half was good, but the second half was boring, especially with the raspy voiced granny that sounds like the result of a lifetime of smoking.
Two episodes remain.

Samurai Champloo:
Pirates, Mugen's past, boat heists, this episode had it all! One of the better episodes.

Naruto Shippuden:
It's amazing how fast the show goes by when you're not paying attention. Thank you Yokai Watch Wibble Wobble.

One Piece:
Welcome to Thriller Bark! Where spooky is the theme. An invisible force messing with the Straw Hats (and licking Robin... lewd), the Weakling Trio runs from a Cerberus, what else could go wrong?

bigkrev

Dragonball bored me to sleep.

I do like waking up in a world where an anime called "Yuri on Ice" actually has an all-male cast though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE EIGHT: The Sword Dance of Black and White

Seriously? That's the title? You fooling me, mate?

Kirito pretended to be the main character from Dimension Ass and needled an SSS+++ class rabbit and gets Asuna to cook it up. Meanwhile her creepy ass bodyguard is following her around everywhere. Kirito eventually has enough and duels the jackass. Then they explore the dungeon.

9KSOj0k.gif

lO1QE4x.gif

TUSR

Banned
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE EIGHT: The Sword Dance of Black and White

Seriously? That's the title? You fooling me, mate?

Kirito pretended to be the main character from Dimension Ass and needled an SSS+++ class rabbit and gets Asuna to cook it up. Meanwhile her creepy ass bodyguard is following her around everywhere. Kirito eventually has enough and duels the jackass. Then they explore the dungeon.

9KSOj0k.gif

lO1QE4x.gif
What a fantastic anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Smartest anime in years.

She fell on him out of the warp gate! He feels something odd and keeps squeezing to figure out what it is and she gets mad at him. This exact scene, minus the warp gate, is something I've seen in at least a hundred different animes. It's among the most cliched thing I can think of.

Mizerman

The reason no one likes it here is clearly because SAO is too smart for us.

Indeed. Our plebeian brains fell prey to the carnivorous hawk that is SAO.

She fell on him out of the warp gate! He feels something odd and keeps squeezing to figure out what it is and she gets mad at him. This exact scene, minus the warp gate, is something I've seen in at least a hundred different animes. It's among the most cliched thing I can think of.

Smartest anime AND greatest romance ever!

What's going on in he--

u5KVvwt.gif

Has the weekday started early?

You know you love it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I like how he gets a good 5-10 seconds of groping in with her not reacting at all.

I'm sure the moment someone grabbed my junk, I'd be reflexively jumping back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom