• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how he gets a good 5-10 seconds of groping in with her not reacting at all.

I'm sure the moment someone grabbed my junk, I'd be reflexively jumping back.

The tsundere rage needed to build, duh!

Was it ever explained why Kayaba made everyone look like their real life selves?

What reason did he have for that?

Apparently in the first volume of GGO it's said that being in avatar of the opposite gender for long periods of time causes stress (duh)

Also, yeah to drive in the fact that they were going to live in the game.

Whether or not Kayaba knew the former is up in the air though. I mean this is the guy who turned off the therapist program, so he clearly didn't care for the players' psychological health.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE NINE: The Blue-Eyed Demon

Run away! Run away!

Also Asuna is way more attentive than anyone else in this damn show. She knows Kirito is hiding something not using a shield or the dragon poop sword. A wild Klein appeared! What's Kirito doing with a g-g-g-g-girl?

99zC6ho.gif

Gotta go fast! Gotta go fast!

When you're Knights of the Blood Oath you're Knights of the Blood Oath 4 Lyfe.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to start watching One Piece from the beginning. I found the following guide to what's filler and what's not. Any particular filler I should watch and any I should absolutely avoid?

http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/one-piece

You can watch 50 and 51. 51 is a little dumb, but 50 is based on stuff that Oda wanted to include in the manga but had to cut in order to keep pace with where he wanted the manga to be (he wanted the Straw Hats reaching the Grand Line in chapter 100).

101 has some very important canon material in the late parts of it (but the rest of the episode is quite terrible). 102 is an episode I've always honestly kind of liked.

196-206 is the G8 Arc. If you know it's filler, it's recognizable as such, but it's pretty entertaining on its own. WATCH.

213-216 is part of Davy Back Fight. As you might remember, it's pretty integral to the way the anime handled Davy Back Fight, unfortunately.

220-226 is Ocean's Dream, 279-283 is the Enies Lobby recaps, 291-292 and 303 are all Boss Luffy, 317-319 are those terrible Water 7 episodes, and you just experienced 326-336.

382 and 383 are pretty terrible, but they do have
Foxy
, if you're into that sorta thing. 384 is a pretty solid little
Brook
-centric episode.

406-407 is more Boss Luffy.
426-429 is the actual worst. Watch at your own peril.
457-458 is time wasting recaps/stalling for time.
492 is the second half of a two-parter that includes Toriko episode 1. Skip. Debatable if it will ever even be made (legally) available in the US.
497-499 is an expansion of a particular arc. Pure filler, but not the worst. Easily skippable, but also watchable.
506 is a fleshing out of some canon things, even if they're technically filler in that they didn't all appear in the manga. WATCH.
542 is another Toriko episode. Skip.
575-578 is another movie based filler arc. Not as bad as 426-429, but very skippable.
590 is yet another Toriko episode, this time also crossing over with DBZ.
626-628 is another really really awful little mini arc. Skip.
653 isn't really a filler episode. It has a lot of filler in it, but not entirely, and it's part of a canon arc.

Jarate

Banned
Toroko couldve been a lot better if they didnt try to make it so much for kids. but I generally enjoyed the anime, especially the amazing OP

bigkrev

I can't believe it's almost time for SE to actually announce The release date.

I swear to god if FF15 comes out before Persona 5 i will laugh my ass off

Also, anyone who thought Toriko was going to be the Next Big Thing (TM) should have their head examined. It's got art that wouldn't be appealing to kids, it's got a strange- not cool- premise, and it's written by a rapist.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Toriko is a minor success/somewhat underwhelming considering what they expected in Japan but virtually unheard of over in the states, so Seda has company.

The only time I ever hear about it is in relation to how it was pushed and flopped.

bigkrev

The only time I've literally ever heard Toriko mentioned is in this thread.

Here is the only thing you really need to know, from the author's Wikipedia page
In 2002, he was arrested and convicted of violating child prostitution laws, including paying a 16-year-old girl ¥80,000 to have sex.[2][3][4][5] As a result of the arrest, Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi! was cancelled by Weekly Shōnen Jump.[6] Shimabukuro was sentenced to two years in prison, however the sentence was suspended

Seda

Also, G-8 arc fuckin sucks ass

The biggest annoyance with G-8, other than being filler and ultimately inconsequential, is how the straw hats are going to escape and then realize they forgot the Skypeia treasure. So it feels artificially extended in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom