• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

The rerun slot is so worthless to me. Why would I want to watch something that just ended again, especially if it's a not so good show? I wish that slot was used for cheap older shows. Maybe then I'd watch it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like the extra half hour. I start doing stuff to get ready to go to sleep immediately after like rebrush my teeth if its been too long. Sometimes when Naruto was super duper boring I'd wake up around then, having fugue stated my way through One Piece.

Doesn't hurt that I actually really like Kill la Kill and its extraordinarily good dub.

Line_HTX

Well, some shows they only had one run and never reran them ever again.

If indeed DeMarco is saying Akame won't be rerun, I wouldn't be surprised.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not sure I believe them that AgK isn't replacing KLK.

Different deals. The reason why they re-ran AoT for example was that it was a timed deal on a show that did monster ratings. So they decided to air it as many times as possible in that window. As we know AGK was the first Sentai show to air on TOONAMI so we have less than no clue what sort of arrangement they have.

Grexeno

Different deals. The reason why they re-ran AoT for example was that it was a timed deal on a show that did monster ratings. So they decided to air it as many times as possible in that window. As we know AGK was the first Sentai show to air on TOONAMI so we have less than no clue what sort of arrangement they have.
But AgK also did monster ratings.

Even in context DeMarco is denying the "leak" but not specifying which leak in question. I don't recall the actual final episode of Intruder 2 leaking just a lot of people guessing what would happen. AgK is most likely KLK's replacement unless Sentai has a one run only agreement for it's show. Where was the leak that showed AgK replacing KLK?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But AgK also did monster ratings.

Right. But we have absolutely no prior deals to look on to see if they can reair it. They've done a ton of deals with Viz and Funimation for example and plenty of them were done with a time window in place in which they can air it, including repeats.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I would love to believe DeMarco in that AgK isn't getting the rerun slot. I'd much rather have it go to Parasyte or any other damn show.

Seda

Even in context DeMarco is denying the "leak" but not specifying which leak in question. I don't recall the actual final episode of Intruder 2 leaking just a lot of people guessing what would happen. AgK is most likely KLK's replacement unless Sentai has a one run only agreement for it's show. Where was the leak that showed AgK replacing KLK?

I don't know if Intruder II was actually leaked or not, but I do know that people have sometimes found episodes/videos prematurely tucked away on Adult Swim's website before (Rick and Morty Season 2, for instance). So, I can see how it's possible Intruder II may have leaked. I also think I recall DeMarco acknowledging it when it happened, appropriately heated. I can't find it now, though.

Regardless, I doubt any schedule has been leaked. Heck, it's not even the same /type/ of leak as an Intruder episode would be. Probably some doofus being a doofus on Jason's ask.fm. That said, while Jason could just be blowing hot air, I don't think he has outright mislead people before with a direct lie before.

It's gonna be Cowboy Bebop HD.

I don't know if Intruder II was actually leaked or not, but I do know that people have sometimes found episodes/videos prematurely tucked away on Adult Swim's website before (Rick and Morty Season 2, for instance). So, I can see how it's possible Intruder II may have leaked. I also think I recall DeMarco acknowledging it when it happened, appropriately heated. I can't find it now, though.

Regardless, I doubt any schedule has been leaked. Heck, it's not even the same /type/ of leak as an Intruder episode would be. Probably some doofus being a doofus on Jason's ask.fm. That said, while Jason could just be blowing hot air, I don't think he's outright mislead people before with a direct lie.

Well I'm not accusing him of lying, just good pr speak. Man God's guess of Bebop HD would actually make a lot of sense since there really isn't much else that we know of outside of Space Dandy that Toonami could reair. Maybe Michiko & Hatchin?

Crocodile

The fact that Dandy Season 2 only got one run on-air is CRIMINAL. We should be using the re-run slot for stuff like that. I'm super skeptical something like AgK can garner much ratings on the rerun. Its not the type of show that has much rewatchability. Also fuck that show for what it did to Leone :(
Yes I'm still salty

So apparently the new Hitman game is pretty good. And I wanna play it.

But that would mean supporting a game that is always online for no reason...

a407e907194fe72506e63cdd02ddeb16.gif

Mizerman

The fact that Dandy Season 2 only got one run on-air is CRIMINAL. We should be using the re-run slot for stuff like that. I'm super skeptical something like AgK can garner much ratings on the rerun. Its not the type of show that has much rewatchability. Also fuck that show for what it did to Leone :(
Yes I'm still salty

Yes. Yes it was.

"Because Aniplex wants to keep the rerun slot, we're bringing back both seasons of SAO for 3 a.m."

Please no...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom