• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
damn, major, damn.

edit: I really like the touch with Batou checking the other rooms before checking the body, it's convincing professionalism.

I can only hope One Piece being on Toonami since 2013 at least brought new fans in. I noticed how much easier it was to get my hands on One Piece merch in recent years.

And seeing a fucking One Piece movie in American theaters was something I never imagined would happen.

And the fact that it stomped all over the release of a Yu-Gi-Oh! movie to boot.

cntr

Banned
Kind of weird to see anti-computer viruses be called "vaccines", but I guess that makes sense for a virus that infects people.

SNEAKYKOMA.

This is a pretty action heavy episode.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
..........okay, I just realized, the tachikoma voice sounds SUPER familiar.

LOL this old man

The Tachikomas all have different voices:

Melissa Fahn
Rebecca Forstadt, (aka Reba West) - This is Batou's Tachikoma.
Lara Jill Miller - This Tachikoma is the "brains" of the group.
Sandy Fox
Sherry Lynn - This Tachikoma is usually the one that assists Kusanagi on missions.
Julie Maddalena
Peggy O'Neal
Lia Sargent

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 11 - Let's Keep Going Lord Beerus! The Battle of the Gods!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 54 - XCIII
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 11 - Let's Keep Going Lord Beerus! The Battle of the Gods!
12:00 - Sand Whale and Me - 1 - Day 1 - Warfare Encounter
12:05 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 109 - Restless Foreboding. A Mysterious Warrior Appears!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 21 - A Hundred Against Two
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 11 - Battle at Torrington
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 43 - A × Shocking × Tragedy
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 150 - The Forbidden Jutsu Released
2:30 - One Piece - 384 - Brook's Great Struggle! Is the Path to Becoming a True Comrade Rigorous?
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 7 - IDOLATER

Later.

Sammy Davis Jr. bot was Tom Kenny?? Man he is a legend...

So I guess Greg Baldwin is still continuing as Aku, according to the credit. I'm just touched that Genndy said Mako could never be replaced.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69kJQZlIkr47hY2

WVW69kJSh3QQ6bMBBh
WVW69kJStUoxJAMX_1

WVW69kJS43EY4HAWeP
WVW69kJTDz8CKwJQ9F

WVW69kJTNG4CcdX8O9
WVW69kJTYAY-klCr4-

RETRO GiTS:
zlCfzRNetwgxfVL7L_

LATER

cntr

Banned
Yeah it's still "okay" in a marathon, but it'd a nightmare weekly.

The manga's still better, and Toei gets even more cheap with the art, so why bother?

Moaradin

I'll always appreciate the One Piece anime for the music alone. Pretty much the only reason I haven't jumped ship to the manga yet

and the weird Viz translation that for some reason is sticking to 4kids conventions still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom