• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
That must be one reason why FUNimation has them say "Transponder Snail"

Welp (as a citizen in the US) I am not looking forward to losing an hour. But if it may bring out a possibility of more viewers for Toonami in general...so be it!

cntr

Banned
Kino's Journey would be amazing, yo.

When they make an anime for The Promised Neverland, they should put it on late night Toonami. Horrornami!

It's times like these that I wish there were more channels willing to do anime blocks that didn't feel out of place (Chiller) or toyetic (Disney XD).
Syfy should try anime again. Or let a new network like Freeform give it a shit.

cntr

Banned
so turns out there's a blog cataloguing anime fake brands

tumblr_nsnafniMED1tbi9eio1_1280.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
there's a manga about video games called High Score Girl, where they made so many references that SNK sued them, lol
Haha, I heard about that, & Capcom fighters are also used a lot to the point the main character's "spirit pal" is Guile from SF2.

.........I just wish it had a better artist, because it's possibly one of the ugliest manga I've read outside of the few panels that I've seen of ONE's version of OPM & MP100. But I guess in a way, it's an unique kind of ugly, which makes it stand out. & I try to keep up with the releases.

150 people & not a single person was female?

& that was when Gon held a girl's hand for the first time.

Hmm

Haven't been commenting in part cause of I've been reading yesterdays news. OP getting dumped for Tokyo Ghoul, think I'm mostly annoyed by how HxH will be airing a half hour later again.

Wouldn't this be like the third time it may have to be moved back?

Feitan sounds a lot better this week. Less pauses.

The point is that Feitan's native tongue is not of the commonly-spoken HxH language. So the actor (Tom Bauer) was directed to sound as if he barely adapted to speaking such. If you listen closely to the Japanese version, you will notice that his 'Japanese dialect' is pretty broken up (though the subtitles we have don't actually convey this)

Honestly it's better than having Fei talk like a caveman ala 1999
bizarre
anime dub ¦þ

cntr

Banned
the football search engine!
The point is that Feitan's native tongue is not of the commonly-spoken HxH language. So the actor (Tom Bauer) was directed to sound as if he barely adapted to speaking such. If you listen closely to the Japanese version, you will notice that his 'Japanese dialect' is pretty broken up (though the subtitles we have don't actually convey this)

Honestly it's better than having Fei talk like a caveman ala 1999
bizarre
anime dub ¦þ
He also uses broken grammar in the Japanese version, but I guess they decided that was too off-putting for English?

I wonder how they'll handle his native language, since it's written with gibberish that looks vaguely like Chinese mixed with Japanese and Vietnamese characters, and spoken (in the anime) as syllable inverted Japanese. I guess they could go with actual fake-Chinese?

nillapuddin

Hey this is a drive by to avoid spoilers, but pls help a brotha out

So the only way to watch the current DB Super dub is on adult swim .com, correct ?

unfortunately that website is terrible and never works for me, will the season end and go on funimation, or do we not know anything yet?

thanks in advance

I'll always appreciate the One Piece anime for the music alone. Pretty much the only reason I haven't jumped ship to the manga yet

and the weird Viz translation that for some reason is sticking to 4kids conventions still.

It's only sticking to 4kids conventions for things that obviously can't be helped. Mainly just the name Zolo and I think maybe Rougetown. Everything else is being translated accurately.

The people translating it now certainly aren't the ones who were when it started but there's not much they can do about the Zolo thing at this point. I know Stephen, the guy in charge of translating it, really doesn't like it.

Puruzi

Banned
Nobody really said anything about it but does nobody else think it was weird how robot dude just stood there and let his shit get sliced? Like I seriously don't get why he did that. He could have kept scatting or dipped but he just stood there and let Jack end him. Was weird.

cntr

Banned
Nobody really said anything about it but does nobody else think it was weird how robot dude just stood there and let his shit get sliced? Like I seriously don't get why he did that. He could have kept scatting or dipped but he just stood there and let Jack end him. Was weird.
Check the scene again, the dagger explosion bent his neck, so he couldn't sing properly anymore.

...plus, it's funnier that way.

The fact that Aku isn't personally going to kill Jack now that Jack effectively can't hurt him makes me think Aku has been weakened somehow, or there's another force hunting him. Perhaps that horned rider is trying to kill both Jack and Aku for messing with time.

I'm watching ep 39 of HxH and Kurapika saw the Kurta eyes item. Melody's just looking at him with this "Dafuq is his problem?" face. Lol Kurapika called Melody a "he." "Lie to me and my Haiku will set you on fire" yep...that's a Nen power alright. Instant Lover is OP and comical as fuck at the same time. Squalor didn't stand a chance. "Step on me more!" The audience in that room don't even know what the fuck they are witnessing.

The fact that Aku isn't personally going to kill Jack now that Jack effectively can't hurt him makes me think Aku has been weakened somehow, or there's another force hunting him. Perhaps that horned rider is trying to kill both Jack and Aku for messing with time.

Its called aku's va died so we don't want to use him as much

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I still think something happened to Aku. Normally we'd have gotten a cut away to him on the phone, but we didn't. This whole thing just feels odd. I'm going to give the episode a couple of rewatches before the podcast so I can try to nail down exactly what's setting my alarm bells off, because there's something weird going on here.

Crocodile

I still think something happened to Aku. Normally we'd have gotten a cut away to him on the phone, but we didn't. This whole thing just feels odd. I'm going to give the episode a couple of rewatches before the podcast so I can try to nail down exactly what's setting my alarm bells off, because there's something weird going on here.

There's actual an answer to "what happened to Aku" in the OT thread if you want to take a look. It will be revealed
next episode anyway if you want to wait

Seda

I wonder if they'll try to canonize (ugh) Aku's new voice in any way. Like even an offhand comment how he 'doesn't feel like he used to' or some such.

I doubt it. They're essentially telling the new guy to do an impression of the old voice and act like nothing has changed.

It's a pretty common practice in voice acting for established characters.

I finally got a script done. Now all I need is tools to make a video.

Like a mic and... editing skills... Well fuck me, I guess I better get on that.

Morlas

I thought Greg Baldwin had a pretty good mako impersonation though? At least I wasn't able to tell that iroh had a new vs until someone told me.

Fuuka Episode 10
oVkwb9h.png

Oooooh look how fancy this is!
So Fuuka has gone completely non-canon at this point. Maybe the director, Keizo Kusakawa who has brought us such stunning classics like Sekirei (VERY NSFW) and Riddle Story of Devil (Also pretty NSFW) decided he could beach this ship before it sinks entirely. I'm not really sure what do now. Should I bother to finish this, knowing it seems to be dodging the one thing that apparently makes the show amusing? Who knows, maybe we'll get a boat ending? Regardless, Fuuka continues down the path of being the absolute worst, breaking up her newly forged band because she can't handle the happiness of others, so might as well drag others down too. Yu continues to show as much empathy and understanding as the average intelligent gopher. Koyuki continues to suffer because Koyuki.

tCJ66Dh.png

Please be a psychopath. Eat their livers with fava beans and some nice chianti.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Finally watched Jack, shit is great, like it never even went off the air. I know they said they were tweaking and updating the style, but it looks the same to me, just in widescreen and HD (and I wouldn't want it any differently.) The original Jack style was always high-quality and timeless anyways.

Do we know how many episodes this will be?

Moaradin

I cannot repeat myself enough, but Nier: Automata is incredible. It keeps blowing me away the further I get into it.

Finally watched Jack, shit is great, like it never even went off the air. I know they said they were tweaking and updating the style, but it looks the same to me, just in widescreen and HD (and I wouldn't want it any differently.) The original Jack style was always high-quality and timeless anyways.

Do we know how many episodes this will be?

10 iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom