• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
wjlmcqy.gif

It more or less wraps up everything except
Kurapika's arc.
Though definitely, compared to other series that abruptly ends, HxH pretty much has a satisfying conclusion where they end it at.

AND except (HxH Endgame spoilers)
Gyro's fated meeting with Gon

Not many people know about this, unsurprisingly - considering that it's a piece of (excessively?) blatant foreshadowing the anime glosses over.

Moaradin

I almost feel like Togashi wrote the last anime chapter specifically for the anime lol. The anime was still going on before that arc started in the manga.

I'm glad it wasn't the end of the series though. The current manga arc is already dope as hell. I enjoy those 10 chapters we get every 2 years.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
AND except (HxH Endgame spoilers)
Gyro's fated meeting with Gon

Not many people know about this, unsurprisingly - considering that it's a piece of (excessively?) blatant foreshadowing the anime glosses over.

Given both of their personalities, I do wonder what their encounter would result in. Some serious shit could go down as a result.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have to wonder about this whole civilization thing sometimes Toonami-gaf.
Why am I more surprised at the fact it was the mouth of Kirito instead of the lips of Asuna?

Also wtf, how does kirito's gamer skillz get da ladies, but mine don't? Or maybe i should be glad?

Crocodile

I think Toonami Pre-Flight is airing on Adult Swim on TV right now! Is that normal, that Pre-Flight actually airs on TV? Is this new?

Xe4

Banned
Why am I more surprised at the fact it was the mouth of Kirito instead of the lips of Asuna?

Also wtf, how does kirito's gamer skillz get da ladies, but mine don't? Or maybe i should be glad?

Well that depends: are you a super hot anime guy whose cousin has an overwhelming desire to sleep with you?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*reads more Tokyo Ghoul manga*
The kagunes are better looking here than in the show. They look like weapons instead of weird ghost whips.

caliph95

One thing being a mad gamer with skillz is useful for a death game. Plus you're not gary stu and self insert character

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Jack has survived his encounter with the Daughters of Aku but it's out of the frying pan and into the fire for the battle weary samurai, Goku and Beerus' battle reaches its climax as both gods unleash everything they've got but whose divine power can hold out the longest, KFC finally comes across another human in the wasteland, Spopovitch continues to beat down Videl and Gohan has seen just about as much as he can take, Jojo tries to save his coach from plummeting to her death while Speedwagon reveals Lisa Lisa's past to Smokey, Kaneki tries to find his place amongst the ghouls of Anteiku, a freed and pissed off Uvogin hunts for the chain user while the others attempt to regroup, Banagher heads out in an attempt to save Mineva but the Banshee tries to get in his way, Naruto tries to cope with the sudden news of Jiraiya's death, and a string of disturbing serial murders causes the CIA to enlist the aid of Section 9 and brings back some unpleasant memories for Batou.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 13 - Goku, Surpass Super Saiyan God!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 56 - XCV
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 13 - Goku, Surpass Super Saiyan God!
12:00 - Sand Whale and Me - 4 - Day 4 - The Sandman
12:05 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 112 - Videl Battered: Gohan's Fury Reaches Its Limit!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 24 - The Ties That Bind JoJo
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul - 3 - Dove
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 46 - Chasing × And × Waiting
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 14 - Clash of the Two Unicorns
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 153 - Following the Master's Shadow
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 10 - JUNGLE CRUISE

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, thank goodness it's Saturday. Freakin' 6 day work week with the knowledge I gotta work 6 days twice in May, one for a coworker taking a week off & then for my friend who's gonna take a week off since his son is suppose to be born next month.

Also oh right, we're on the second to last episode of SW&M...& yet I feel like nothing of value was accomplished....

Crocodile

The opening episode of Rage of Bahamut was one of the best first episodes of anime I have ever seen in my life. The opening episode of Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul wasn't quite as good but it was still very, very good. More anime could learn from them. Lack of name recognition might hurt them too much but the first season and the second season (IF it keeps this up) would be welcome on Toonami.

Re:Creators also aired recently and was stupid as shit but it seems to know its stupid as shit which makes it better than it has any right to be so far. I expect it to crash and burn at some point. As an aside, the anime is being spearheaded by Hiroe - Black Lagoon's author/artist.

I don't know nor care wtf was happening in any episode of Unicorn.

FTFY :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's a "safe" difficulty. Though normal in 5 seems a lot easier than normal in 4 to me.

Every Persona game is easier than the one that came before it.

I remember thinking P3 was piss easy when I first played it and it now seems downright hostile compared to 4...and 5 is even easier on normal?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only difficulties I had so far (I finished the first major Palace) was 1.) getting items to restore SP, & 2.) dealing with the fact I had to find an enemy with Ice because that's the only elemental magic you don't have.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm hoping to get to Persona 5 next week. Wrapping up the last couple major endings of Nier Automata and probably going for the Platinum as I'm already well on my way. Might actuality play something a bit more simple and straight forward next lol

bigkrev

The only difficulties I had so far (I finished the first major Palace) was 1.) getting items to restore SP, & 2.) dealing with the fact I had to find an enemy with Ice because that's the only elemental magic you don't have.

I found it impossible to do the dungeon in one day because of the lack of SP recovery items, and you don't get much XP if you are getting new Personas or items from enemies. Game is SIGNIFICANTLY harder than P3P or P4G, both of which had easy ways to recover SP without needing items

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I think I stopped watching Toonami last week when Tokyo Ghoul came on

is it worth watching?

Is anything else from that night worth watching besides HxH probably?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

is it worth watching?

Kai, JoJo, HxH were good. Naruto's about to go on an upswing so long as they didn't fuck up the adaptation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I found it impossible to do the dungeon in one day because of the lack of SP recovery items, and you don't get much XP if you are getting new Personas or items from enemies. Game is SIGNIFICANTLY harder than P3P or P4G, both of which had easy ways to recover SP without needing items
Yup, I actually had to stop when I was about 50%-75% in because I was lacking SP recovery & revival items. Probably also helped that these dungeons have actual designs compared to just random floor layouts each time you go there with either the stairs being super close or one of the last things you find.

I'm also glad that you can actually see how many points your social stats are increased by, but I wish I knew how close I was to leveling them up.

is it worth watching?

Do you want to laugh at a show trying to be more "dark" & "in your face" than Akame ga Kill? It's been a fun hatewatch so far, compared to Unicorn which just took all the energy from me, leaving me nothing to comment on.

Also, Jojo is getting into its final episodes, so as always, it's worth watching. Heck, I might see if I can be on the podcast for when we have the final two episodes.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Every Persona game is easier than the one that came before it.

I remember thinking P3 was piss easy when I first played it and it now seems downright hostile compared to 4...and 5 is even easier on normal?

I mean, this is why P5 also has Hard and Merciless difficulty. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Do you want to laugh at a show trying to be more "dark" & "in your face" than Akame ga Kill?
Not... really? I mean depends on how over the top they go. It takes a lot of stupid for me to laugh at a show instead of just hating it.

It's been a fun hatewatch so far, compared to Unicorn which just took all the energy from me, leaving me nothing to comment on.
How many episodes of that damn thing are left anyway?

Also, Jojo is getting into its final episodes, so as always, it's worth watching. Heck, I might see if I can be on the podcast for when we have the final two episodes.
Yeah, I caught JoJo. It was entertaining as always.

Regiruler

Man, for how iconic I felt Jack and the Rave was, it's a lot later in the series than I thought.

Maybe I just remember it for the flash game? "Rave Slave" came to my mind when realizing it was the episode, so it must be.

So I checked out the Gundam: Thunderbolt movie compilation. Just a little over an hour and I actually highly recommend it. Tells the whole "War is Hell" story a lot better than Unicorn does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom