• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

*insert random ass gif that most likely isn't related or adds to the discussion at hand here*

Oh god, him talking about the fact people were all "OMG WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU" when he mentioned he liked the first few episodes. Like damn, he just said one show, that's it, that doesn't automatically mean AN ENTIRE COUNTRY WORTH OF ANIMATION. That's like saying "UGH, YOU LIKE THOSE AMERICAN CARTOONS" when stating Simpsons is one of my favorite animated comedies because it formed my sense of humor.

giphy.gif

probably the manga displayed it better but the anime didn't really. too bad but oh well, people did say female characters in this show do not last long.

I'd argue that, outside of the female Phantom troupe members, there's only one female character who is legit good and becomes a long stay. She gets introduced in the enxt arc

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HxH has very few female characters in it. Phantom Troupe likely has the majority of them in its ranks! Luckily the one that does show up later is fairly strongly represented.
and is a massive Genkai clone.

My motto for Hunter X Hunter is "Always expect death. You'll be right 99% of the time if you do."

And I always was.

Also, I just saw those April Fools ratings and good lord what a brilliant idea that turned out to be. At least I know about that Mulan sauce now though.

My motto for Hunter X Hunter is "Always expect death. You'll be right 99% of the time if you do."

And I always was.

Also, I just saw those April Fools ratings and good lord what a brilliant idea that turned out to be. At least I know about that Mulan sauce now though.

Outside of the Heaven's Arena arc (only Kastro died) that has held true; though how deathy ranges from ouch to .....oh god for the other arcs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
like the one girl who could kiss people to make them obey her command? or the one that threw a fit that she couldn't go to an auction? or the one tour guide woman?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
quick, everyone look busy

hey, remember when they did that one thing in that one show, that sure was one moment

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wasn't too big on Pom Poko, felt like it dragged, the tanookis were kind of jerks at times (like when they laughed off the fact they killed some innocent people who were just doing their jobs like they were told & had no idea of their situation, DESPITE BEING TOLD BY ONE CHARACTER THOSE WERE INNOCENT PEOPLE) & then at the very end,
the main character literally turns to the camera, ADDRESSES YOU, THE AUDIENCE, & is all "don't hurt the earth, k?"
, making it feel so blunt compared to other Miyazaki films which were more subtle.

I wasn't too big on Pom Poko, felt like it dragged, the tanookis were kind of jerks at times (like when they laughed off the fact they killed some innocent people who were just doing their jobs like they were told & had no idea of their situation, DESPITE BEING TOLD BY ONE CHARACTER THOSE WERE INNOCENT PEOPLE) & then at the very end,
the main character literally turns to the camera, ADDRESSES YOU, THE AUDIENCE, & is all "don't hurt the earth, k?"
, making it feel so blunt compared to other Miyazaki films which were more subtle.

It's definitely the most blatantly preachy Ghibli movie but I did find myself chuckling at most of the Tanuki antics. That and I reallly loved the animation of the various transformations.

I agree though, that scene of them laughing over the humans dying was a massive "Fucking really?!" moment.

But their balls must have magically appeared, they were flying with the skin earlier.

That was also their ballsacks that they were gliding with. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe I just had higher expectations since it was Studio Ghibli since it's not really "bad" when compared to other animated films, but when compared to other Ghibli titles, it's one of my least favorites.

I remember watching it with some friends, & we were kind of getting impatient around the halfway point, wondering how much longer it'd be, so I looked on the back of the box to check the running time, to which all of us were surprised we were only halfway through the film (the total time is almost exactly 2 hours long).

probably the manga displayed it better but the anime didn't really. too bad but oh well, people did say female characters in this show do not last long.
You can name the women in HxH on like a hand and a half...well I think at least two hands.
Yeah, the few female characters in HxH tend to kick ass. I love
Bisky
in the next arc.
She should really be voiced by Genkai just to fuck with people, either that or give
Tsubone
Genkai's voice. And yes
Bisky-Chama's the best.
I loved how she made Gon and Killua level grind off of a murderer for a week.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You know I was going to say there are several good female characters but I guess some would be trans though that might not be correct. I'm not always sure what Togashi intends with certain characters honestly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pom Poko is too long and the same message is done better by at least three other Ghibli movies I can think of.

In other news I finally watched Fuuka episode #11 (The dub is three weeks behind)

This is both the worst and most compelling thing I've watched all season. Yuu is an unlucky bastard for falling in love with Fuuka. I'm sure their combination of him being completely unable to express his emotions (Not even with his fists like a true martial artist!) and her being completely unaware of how anyone else feels will make for a great relationship in the future!

I mean, we get it, manic pixie girls should be flighty, but they also shouldn't go from Band first to Beyonce post destiny's child in the matter of six hours. Deep down people like these sorts of characters because they do care in the end when clearly Fuuka does not.

Also surprise return of the early season cheesecake and a cameo by Suzuka!

At this point, it's a detriment to the thread. It isn't funny. It's just shitposting to get a rise out of people. It makes the community look bad.

Man God's shtick is that he's non-canon, so everything he posts "doesn't matter". Calling him a character poster is false because he regularly adds to thread conversations.

It's such a non-thing to get worked up over. Chill.

Not trying to start anything up again. I just wanted to give my two cents on this topic.

The last arc of the HxH anime is so good. It really should be considered the ending unless a miracle occurs.

It more or less wraps up everything except
Kurapika's arc.
Though definitely, compared to other series that abruptly ends, HxH pretty much has a satisfying conclusion where they end it at.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It more or less wraps up everything except
Kurapika's arc.
Though definitely, compared to other series that abruptly ends, HxH pretty much has a satisfying conclusion where they end it at.

I mean that sort of wraps up
at the end of this arc. Revenge like that almost never works out even when its against Evil McSatan.

Moaradin

The last arc of the HxH anime is so good. It really should be considered the ending unless a miracle occurs.

Last arc in the anime is seriously underrated. People only talk about the arc before it (which is the GOAT, don't get me wrong), but the final arc is also fantastic and provides an actual somewhat satisfying ending to the series.

It also cements Killua as best boy if that wasn't already obvious by that point.

Everyone else in the family still refers to her as a boy and Killua has to correct them.
I thought they referred to the other thing inside of her as a boy. Tsubone always seemed fine with Alluka and I thought she considered Alluka a girl as well.
Shows what I know, it has been awhile.
Last arc in the anime is seriously underrated. People only talk about the arc before it (which is the GOAT, don't get me wrong), but the final arc is also fantastic and provides an actual somewhat satisfying ending to the series.

It also cements Killua as best boy if that wasn't already obvious by that point.
Killua is legit best bro. Risking his life and going against his family to fix Gon's fuck up.

My Neighbors the Yamadas - Probably the most un-Ghibli movie of the Ghibli movies. It was a pretty refreshing watch showing various days in the lives of the Yamada family. Not every segment was laugh out loud funny, but I thought the movie was really charming and found myself smiling throughout it. My one complaint is that for the type of movie it was, essentially one long slice of life, it ran a little too long than it needed to.

tumblr_mah7prdAWc1qc8e6lo1_500.gif

Regiruler

I'm glad I don't really care that much about HxH because I've been impulsively looking through these spoilers.

The stuff doesn't seem that interesting anyway, like things I would put at the far back of my mind.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm glad I don't really care that much about HxH because I've been impulsively looking through these spoilers.

The stuff doesn't seem that interesting anyway, like things I would put at the far back of my mind.

It's basically all generalities. The specifics are quite interesting.

Moaradin

Nobody is really talking about story spoilers anyways. We're just being extra safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom