• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
C8mIC8XXYAATmDf.jpg
i need this shirt

caliph95

Mixing two favourite things Jojo and HxH
first Kurapika with jojo (hope DTL isn't lurking)
nvmd too spoilery check the jojo thread

Morlas

Gon is a player in general guys...would it be a spoiler to talk about all the
dates with older women he's been on.

caliph95

Somethings been bugging me, did she really die? because we never did see her get absorbed into Blinky, just knocked out.

Oooh, wonder what universe its gonna be set in? Wasn't Arise the movie and the series was called something else?
Her head was smashed in by Shizuku, she's dead

Xe4

Banned
I'm not caught up yet so I'd be ok with this.
It's not going to happen, but seeing how Jack is like half the reason I'm paying $20 a month solely for Toonami, I'm pretty sure there's a chance I'd literally loose my god damn mind if they skipped it, lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Happy Your Name dub premiere in theaters day!

I hope Steph Sheh is good as Mitsuha.
something something "not playing in my town."

I have the benefit of seeing any movie I want for free, but every time I come across a film I DO want to watch, it's in a town over an hour away, premiering on a night where I'd have to go to work. I need to stop getting my hopes up over a movie I actually care about being shown at the theater I work at.

Jarate

Banned
At this point, it's a detriment to the thread. It isn't funny. It's just shitposting to get a rise out of people. It makes the community look bad.

Im gonna be super real here, but if you take any of that seriously at all then that's your fault for gettin mad. He's just joking around, no need to be upset

Regiruler

Im gonna be super real here, but if you take any of that seriously at all then that's your fault for gettin mad. He's just joking around, no need to be upset
It's kinda hard to tell what Man God intends. Sometimes he's an ass for the sake of it, other times he actually believes something.

Tenumi

Banned

Character posters are an annoyance. They get very tiring, very quickly, and contribute nothing of worth to a thread. I'm not mad or upset or anything like that (At least not right now). I just think that it's an annoyance that trashes up otherwise fine discussions.

Honestly, unless someone actively goes out of their way to derail every conversation into being about themselves, I don't mind if people engage in the occasional shit-posting, even if it's a "gimmick."

Crocodile

There is a line to be fair. lazybones18 basically shitposted their way into a permaban.
DTL
contributes little of value to most conversations. So yeah, "character" posters can be kind of annoying and sometimes cross the line. I don't think Man God has ever crossed that line to my recollection? He still isn't funny though (Sorry!)

As an aside, apparently Comedian Bill Burr likes One Punch Man
(and overthinks it LOL)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*insert random ass gif that most likely isn't related or adds to the discussion at hand here*

As an aside, apparently Comedian Bill Burr likes One Punch Man
(and overthinks it LOL)
Oh god, him talking about the fact people were all "OMG WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU" when he mentioned he liked the first few episodes. Like damn, he just said one show, that's it, that doesn't automatically mean AN ENTIRE COUNTRY WORTH OF ANIMATION. That's like saying "UGH, YOU LIKE THOSE AMERICAN CARTOONS" when stating Simpsons is one of my favorite animated comedies because it formed my sense of humor.

cntr

Banned
Oh yeah, watched last week's GitS.

It was pretty good. Also it wasn't a recap at all, almost everything was new!

Gonna catch HxH and maybe Kai later.

One doesn't just walk off getting hit in the head with Blinky, Baise probably just got sucked up off screen. Even if she did live her ass never shows up again any way.
On the subject of that woman with the funny hair, I searched up the meaning of her name. This is what I got:

lysdexia 07:50, 1 Nov 2004 (UTC) The verb "baiser" means either "kiss" or "fuck", depending on the context. For example, "donne-moi un baiser" means "give me a kiss". " baisez-moi la main" litterally means "kiss my hand". However, "baise-moi" means "fuck me" and would hardly be understood as "give me a kiss".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like SW&M might be a bit more tolerable if they were to edit the 5 episodes into one single short that got rid of the repeated scenes.

It wouldn't be BETTER, granted. But probably would be better to watch without the same scenes that start & end each episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom