• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is going to sound typically dumb and anyone can show indifference, easily.

Why am I supposed to care about these characters? I feel like there was no time set to actually establish any empathy for the audience. I dunno, I feel like there's little reason for me to be engaged with this plot.

this is sorta my main problem when the characters themselves are in the extreme situation of like eating human flesh and stuff.

it doesn't help that the main purpose of Kaneki's screaming seems to be to tell the audience "LOOK HOW FUCKED UP THIS IS"

Mik317

Okay, this is going to sound typically dumb and anyone can show indifference, easily.

Why am I supposed to care about these characters? I feel like there was no time set to actually establish any empathy for the audience. I dunno, I feel like there's little reason for me to be engaged with this plot.

I feel like the pacing does not help and I think the manga art did not translate super well, so it lost some of its "charm" in adaptation.

I honestly don't know why I continue to read the manga every release tho....

Ray Down

Banned
it's time to smile again

283ffd2a132d252b18c75d3d3ef2df760abfac29_hq.gif

this is sorta my main problem when the characters themselves are in the extreme situation of like eating human flesh and stuff.

it doesn't help that the main purpose of Kaneki's screaming seems to be to tell the audience "LOOK HOW FUCKED UP THIS IS"

I haven't yet reached the point where I feel he wasn't giving the appropriate reactions. Not yet anyway. It has the potential to get annoying if it goes on too long though.

Honestly, the fact that he's able to smile at all is a miracle. I'd have probably drowned in depression 3 days in or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom