• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

this is sorta my main problem when the characters themselves are in the extreme situation of like eating human flesh and stuff.

it doesn't help that the main purpose of Kaneki's screaming seems to be to tell the audience "LOOK HOW FUCKED UP THIS IS"

In short, Kaneki almost doesn't even feel like a character to me. He's just a reactionary sponge to a world around him.

I haven't yet reached the point where I feel he wasn't giving the appropriate reactions. Not yet anyway. It has the potential to get annoying if it goes on too long though.

Honestly, the fact that he's able to smile at all is a miracle. I'd have probably drowned in depression 3 days in or so...

I find it really tiresome because it's simultaneously filtered through the "ANIME MEANS SCREAMING ALL THE TIME" lens.

The way it's just piling it all on with few pauses in between is just...bleh.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Heineken exists in HxHverse.

Uvogin and Shalnark look like they belong in two different manga.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In short, Kaneki almost doesn't even feel like a character to me. He's just a reactionary sponge to a world around him.

Agreed. He's nothing more than a reader insert. He doesn't really want anything, so he's boring as a result.

I find it really tiresome because it's simultaneously filtered through the "ANIME MEANS SCREAMING ALL THE TIME" lens.

The way it's just piling it all on with few pauses in between is just...bleh.

For some reason I didn't get that with this episode.

Maybe back in that hilarious and ridiculous first episode but this seemed more tolerable. He's certainly not acting anywhere near as bad as I feel this kind of character could in comparatively lighter situations then this in other anime.

We'll see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom