• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just to keep everything about the Americans clear, this is the Russo-American Alliance:

qmxT5zA.png

And this is the United States of America:

wzC1fZ1.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
CAN'T YOU TRUST ME, ALWAYS HAVING A SMUG SMILE ON MY FACE AS YOU TALK ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING DESKINNED???

Seda

You know, I think I'm actually liking this show moreso on rewatch, and I pretty much dug it the first time around.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 14 - This Is All the Power I've Got! A Settlement Between Gods!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 57 - XCVI
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 14 - This Is All the Power I've Got! A Settlement Between Gods!
12:00 - Sand Whale and Me - 5 - Day 5 - Showdown - END
12:05 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 113 - A Creeping Conspiracy! The Target is Gohan
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 25 - The Birth of a Superbeing!!
1:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 26 - The Ascendant One - END
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 47 - Condition × And × Condition
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 15 - Waiting in Space
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 154 - Decryption
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 11 - PORTRAITZ

Later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aside from GITS, they really need to revamp the back half of Toonami.
I know, if it wasn't for GitS, I'd probably just check out after HxH. Seriously hope Unicorn's replacement is good, since otherwise, the only new show this year I'd probably say is legit good (edit: that I watch, before everyone jumps down my throat about Samurai Jack) is Jojo Part 3.

Seda

I know, if it wasn't for GitS, I'd probably just check out after HxH. Seriously hope Unicorn's replacement is good, since otherwise, the only new show this year I'd probably say is legit good (edit: that I watch, before everyone jumps down my throat about Samurai Jack) is Jojo Part 3.

is the reason why you don't watch Samurai Jack because it's not japanese

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
is the reason why you don't watch Samurai Jack because it's not japanese
I remember trying to watch it when it was originally on when I was a kid, but it wasn't doing anything for me, & as someone who doesn't like watching/reading stuff out of order, I don't want to jump into the series with what's basically suppose to be the final set of episodes. Plus I can't seem to convince myself to take the time to sit down & watch the older episodes.

I also can't help but feel at this point with all the hype (which I want to say is partly why I felt a bit disappointed with Sym-Bionic Titan), I'll come out questioning "well, yeah, that was GOOD, but not AMAZING". I'm sure I'd still like it more when I was a kid, where I was just bored & changed the channel, but I have this feeling like with SBT, I'll just find it "okay" & then have no desire to ever rewatch it.

& nothing against Genndy's stuff, I rather enjoyed Dexter's Lab as a kid, & his pitch for a CGI Popeye movie looked really good.

Xe4

Banned
I remember trying to watch it when it was originally on when I was a kid, but it wasn't doing anything for me, & as someone who doesn't like watching/reading stuff out of order, I don't want to jump into the series with what's basically suppose to be the final set of episodes. Plus I can't seem to convince myself to take the time to sit down & watch the older episodes.

I also can't help but feel at this point with all the hype (which I want to say is partly why I felt a bit disappointed with Sym-Bionic Titan), I'll come out questioning "well, yeah, that was GOOD, but not AMAZING". I'm sure I'd still like it more when I was a kid, where I was just bored & changed the channel, but I have this feeling like with SBT, I'll just find it "okay" & then have no desire to ever rewatch it.

& nothing against Genndy's stuff, I rather enjoyed Dexter's Lab as a kid, & his pitch for a CGI Popeye movie looked really good.

If you're going to get stuck in a loop of not watching S5 because you don't want to watch S1-4 just skip that and watch S5. Cause you might miss out on some things, but I doubt it's that important.

Because as of right now S5 kicks the shit out of SBT and I loved Titan. If nothing else, just give the first episode of the fifth season a watch. If you don't like that at all, you probably won't like any of S5.

I've heard something along the lines of it being good to just watch the first episode/movie special, and episodes 37 & 38 (the origins of Aku, to my knowledge. Haven't reached it yet since I'm away from my actual house where Hulu's at), and you're set.

Seda

What's with the level 9 Cleric?

The way the master/slave system works I learned to make a chain of subordinance with the cleric at the bottom, that way healing skills could be passed on to the Blue/Red/Green mages, and thus the first Cleric I made was left forgotten.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've heard something along the lines of it being good to just watch the first episode/movie special, and episodes 37 & 38 (the origins of Aku, to my knowledge. Haven't reached it yet since I'm away from my actual house where Hulu's at), and you're set.
So in other words, the other episodes are just "misc. adventures" that Jack had (I don't feel like "filler" is the right word in this case), but those are more about the main on-going plot, then the final season is that movie Genndy wanted to make to conclude the series.

That sounds a bit more tolerable/easier way to convince myself to see what the series is about. I probably would've given in to the reruns if it wasn't so late previously. At the very least, I think I might like it more than SBT & the whole "we gotta fit into high school" subplot which I wasn't a fan of.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This episode of Jack was very weak to be honest. The only good part was seeing Jack regain a bit of his old humor and humanity. The rest of it was video gamey, though it did look gorgeous.

I was actually impressed with the entire lineup tonight, including the first halfway decent episode of Tokyo Ghoul. Super continues to keep me interested, though at this point a lot of it is to finally watch Battle of Gods and note the differences. Kai was good, Jojo was okay though the ending was neat. HxH is getting better now that the other three goobers are in the mix. Naruto was amazing. I liked this episode of Unicron a lot, probably my favorite one so far and this is easily the most memorable single episode of GITS:SAC.

Seda

re:Samurai Jack

I liked the change of pace and I think think the more tense episodes actually benefit from the contrast. Also easily a more artsy and humorous episode, both of which is good to have in the mix.

My main criticism is that if Ashi is going to have a change of heart, which seems likely, I'd hope there's a better 'catalyst' for it than a ladybug+flashback.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
re:Samurai Jack

I liked the change a pace and I think think the more tense episodes actually benefit from the contrast. Also easily a more artsy and humorous episode, both of which is good to have in the mix.

My main criticism is that if Ashi is going to have a change of heart, which seems likely, I'd hope there's a better 'catalyst' for it than a ladybug+flashback.

This isn't the first time her love of the natural has come up though I agree it is a bit weak.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think my problems with the Ashi turn stem from the fact that it and really everything about her has come across as happening due to the rules of screenwriting then anything that is natural and organic. That notion even cascades into the fact that Ashi is alive and Jack staying his hand when last episode he is intentionally dropping one of the sisters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think my problems with the Ashi turn stem from the fact that it and really everything about her has come across as happening due to the rules of screenwriting then anything that is natural and organic. That notion even cascades into the fact that Ashi is alive and Jack staying his hand when last episode he is intentionally dropping one of the sisters.

The whole episode came off like a video game. Oh look I got a weapon drop here. Oh look the captive set up another set piece for Jack to conquer. Oh look another weapon pickup. Oh look an armor pick up, and yet another setpiece to escape the lair. Oh hey a cutscene where she doesn't kill him because of a ladybug.

I loved how this episode looks and I enjoyed Jack being more like the old Jack again but the actual story moving forward...eh

It was more in line with classical episodes of Samurai Jack. If you removed Ashi, and just had Jack fight a random bounty hunter at the beginning, then it would have fit right in with the previous seasons.

Maybe it's because I'm a fan of the swallowed alive/stuck with someone you hate tropes, but I thought last night's episode was solid. Not as solid as the previous episode, but still a lot of fun.

Also, sure is a lot of Ashi fanart out there already...

...I mean a lot.

cntr

Banned
Last night's Jack wasn't as strong as an individual episode, but it makes the season as a whole better, if that makes sense

When Seda has kids he will simply name them Child 1 and Child 2 and so on.
Nah, just name them after pastries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom