• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

My duck was that good

I see you broke his back huh? dirty

3 day vacation....

Gif for ManGod

qeGqDOJ.gif

Ponn

Banned
Woo I got email saying I won something from Toonami giveaway, don't even remember entering it. I hope its some Hetap.

Raxus

Apparently
Makoto
from Persona 5 is ripped straight from JoJo. Doesn't help Morgana is basically
Silver Chariot.

On top of all the other nods to JoJo.

*reads newest One Piece chapter*

... And here we have another moment where
Sanji doesn't have to actually deal with an evil attractive woman because he triggers a tragic backstory and stops her from hurting him. Sigh.
This is pretty disappointing.

Also, apparently, the next Death Battle is going to be Ace (One Piece) vs. Natsu (Fairy Tail), probably to throw a bone to people upset about Zoro vs. Erza. This is going to be a curbstomp in the other direction, because Natsu can eat fire and becomes stronger by doing so.

Apparently
Makoto
from Persona 5 is ripped straight from JoJo. Doesn't help Morgana is basically
Silver Chariot.

On top of all the other nods to JoJo.
Why did I not realize this about Morgana, granted I like Morgana way more than
Polnareff.

Mizerman

Sanji doesn't have to actually deal with an evil attractive woman because he triggers a tragic backstory and stops her from hurting him. Sigh.

Also, apparently, the next Death Battle is going to be Ace (One Piece) vs. Natsu (Fairy Tail), probably to throw a bone to people upset about Zoro vs. Erza. This is going to be a curbstomp in the other direction, because Natsu can eat fire and becomes stronger by doing so.

Yeah...Ace is gonna get his ass kicked. Hard.

caliph95

*Eat's Ace flames*
I'm getting all fired up
I'm doing for my family (montage of fairy tail members) for Fairy Tail
*NAKAMA punch*
Natsu wins

Ray Down

Banned

Oda not really going to have him challenge her at least in a real fight.
Pudding and Sanji aren't done yet.

Chase17

Do you not read scanlations?

I try to wait for Viz on Monday, but sometimes cave. When Luffy and co start swearing a ton
like when Luffy/Nami were captured this arc,
it's jarring for me from what I am used to after reading all the volumes.

Long live Zolo

Also Jinbei instead of Jimbei is too much to process

Conan-san

With all this talk of P4 I should stress P4: The Aniamtion is really really good and well worth a look and, had ADV not been on an ass bender about Anime Network back in '12, it would have made a good Toonami show.

Their take on Yu is a laugh riot.

Don't watch The Golden though, that was a mess.

caliph95

With all this talk of P4 I should stress P4: The Aniamtion is really really good and well worth a look and, had Viz not been on an ass bender about Anime Network back in '12, it would have made a good Toonami show.

Their take on Yu is a laugh riot.

Don't watch The Golden though, that was a mess.
P4 Yu is the best honestly it makes wish he had more of a character in the game.
Though i have problems in regards to the persona battles the show is a fun semi sol show.

Also how was golden never watched because i'm a dub scum but i heard nothing good about it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Golden is basically "look, we're gonna treat this like New Game+ & assume you've seen the original series, so we're just gonna focus on the new stuff involving Marie & whatever else was added in Golden while slightly changing some small stuff like Yu's intro to the class since you could have more options via your social stats carrying over"

Also, didn't help Aniplex got it, meaning there was no dub & it's more expensive.

I feel like Persona 4 anime would have benefited from a longer length. They tried to cram way too much content into a 2-cour series. ~40 episodes would have been the sweet spot IMHO.

Yu Narukami was definitely the GOAT though.

giphy.gif

How were the P3 movies?

I only saw the first movie and parts of the second but from what I saw they more or less faithfully retold the story from the game. The P3 Protag was given a serious personality (almost like a male Rei Ayanami) and his arc was all about overcoming his apathy. Aigis ended up being the canon!relationship.

Conan-san

I only saw the first movie and parts of the second but from what I saw they more or less faithfully retold the story from the game. The P3 Protag was given a serious personality (almost like a male Rei Ayanami) and his arc was all about overcoming his apathy. Aigis ended up being the canon!relationship.
Really the big goofs came off of using Mass Destruction out of battle.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Actually, I was just wondering about the P3 movies.

My friend discovered one of them was on Netflix, but it seems to only be the 2nd one? I'm guessing all 4 movies go in order & are basically splitting the game up into 4 movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom