• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Togusa is like the worst undercover operative.

"Greetings, fellow employees. Have you heard anything with regards to this Chief? Just a casual question, act natural."

Seda

3AQmK.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 15 - Valiant Mr. Satan, Work a Miracle! A Challenge From Outer Space!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 58 - XCVII
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 15 - Valiant Mr. Satan, Work a Miracle! A Challenge From Outer Space!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 114 - The Terrifying Secret of the Majin! The Mastermind Revealed!
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 26 - Beast Titan
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul - 4 - Supper
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 48 - Very × Sharp × Eye
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 16 - The Side Co-Prosperity Sphere
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 155 - The First Challenge
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 12 - ESCAPE FROM

Later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wait, I just realized

one of those kids was the moderator from the chatroom episode
Oh damn, good point, I just figured they reused the voice since it fit the kid. & he was "forced" off the computer in the chatroom episode as well, which they mentioned some kids would get so engrossed, they'd have to be forced off the net.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One of these days, I'll see Your Name with my friend. Of course, despite being the highest-grossing anime film ever now, our theater didn't get it (nor did they get the recent RiffTrax despite having them previously for a few years now, which was annoying), but hoping it'll hit Netflix or something so we can watch it....& then be free to let the tears flow instead of having to deal with walking out of a theater to then try to drive home in our current mental state due to the emotional punch I'm sure the film would deliver.

cntr

Banned
Also, this episode had a bunch of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest references, like Togusa fighting and being knocked out by "Nurse Ratched" and her assistant, obviously. But I especially like how the Laughing Man "pretends to be a deaf mute", the same as Cuckoo's main character...when the quote from Catcher in the Rye is meant as a metaphor for the main character wanting to save children. Which is what the Laughing Man also does.

It's double reference, both literal and abstract. Clever.

We get a couple fun in between episodes of Super now, on episode 19 the F arc starts, the first couple episodes are okay, though some meh stuff happens, animation takes a huge nosedive in episode 24, episode 25 is a mix of good and bad and 26 is mostly bad. Animation picks up in the final episode, 27, but art is still kinda iffy, then Super's first original arc starts in episode 28. The action in the first original arc starts out not so great, but it's all up hill from there. The 5th main arc (that's counting the Battle of Gods and F arcs) is when things really kick into gear with the animation, though there is some nice stuff in the 3rd and 4th arcs, more so in the 4th arc.

I think I might recall. Does it involve
something cute?

There's kinda some cute stuff. That's probably not his favorite scene though.

So Iron Fist & Killer Frost are coming to Comicpalooza.

I wanna go there =o=

Edit: Holy cannelloni! I'm a 'Member' now :eek:

Heh..."Doing Togashi's work" or "Filling the Togashi void" mayhap would be a fun subtitle. But, I think I'd like to have something else rather

Dragonball Super isn't bad it's just early DBS was garbage rehashing of a better movies with slower pacing and worse animation. It gets better after Rz of F.

Raxus

He probably would have lost or had trouble to some members of Spiders as well.
He would have a hard time against Chrollo or Feitan
Pretty sure he can ohko feitan. Chrollo is probably his only hard match up 1 on 1

The pact for powers comes back into play in a big way (even as a joke). It is a nice wrinkle in the Nen system that helps balance things out.

Something tells me Bonolenov would be a bit of a pain in the ass as well. I don't think Feitan is exactly weak either, his Nen ability is fucking crazy.
He probably would have lost or had trouble to some members of Spiders as well.
He would have a hard time against Chrollo or Feitan
Fighting
Chrollo
requires way too much on the spot thinking.

caliph95

Pretty sure he can ohko feitan. Chrollo is probably his only hard match up 1 on 1

The pact for powers comes back into play in a big way (even as a joke). It is a nice wrinkle in the Nen system that helps balance things out.
I have hard time thinking that
considering his insane speed and nen ability if Kurapika doesn't deal with him quickly enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom