• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Kurapika would be very fucked fighting Feitan if he didn't kill him immediately.
If his Nen ability manifests its basically over.

All best anime/manga rivalries involve vicious beatings.

giphy.gif

BBboy20

NANana na Na NA

1126_zpsf9229eba.gif

Araki forgot. Not the worst case of this.
Couldn't think of an extra coffin?

Poor Von Stroheim. A death at the most miserably pointless battle of WWII. I'll, uh, just assume he stayed away from the war crimes stuff.
He did back in Mexico.

it's nice that the map just says "VOLCANO" on it

Thread: Toonami |MarApr17| JoJo Versus the Volcano
Good one.

Wikipedia said:
The Leidenfrost effect is a physical phenomenon in which a liquid, in near contact with a mass significantly hotter than the liquid's boiling point, produces an insulating vapor layer keeping that liquid from boiling rapidly. Due to this 'repulsive force', a droplet hovers over the surface rather than making physical contact with it. This is most commonly seen when cooking: one sprinkles drops of water in a pan to gauge its temperature: if the pan's temperature is at or above the Leidenfrost point, the water skitters across the pan and takes longer to evaporate than in a pan below the temperature of the Leidenfrost point (but still above boiling temperature).

Kurapika would be very fucked fighting Feitan if he didn't kill him immediately.
If his Nen ability manifests its basically over.
Kurapika can't even get intel about Feitan from Hisoka since I don't even think Hisoka knows what he does. Feitan does have one of my favorite abilities though.

Some interesting information about JoJo Part 2's finale:

- First off, Joseph was stated by Araki to have flown in WW2 against the Japanese (considering Germany and Japan were allied in WW2, I think Von Stroheim would be more okay with the Japanese than Joseph, funnily enough). That, along with the fact that one married his daughter and took her across the planet away from him, is probably the reason that he mildly dislikes the Japanese (though he seems kind of a racist at the end of Part 2, he's perfectly nice to the Japanese people he meets in Part 3, so it's more minor annoyance). Nowadays, whenever Araki draws Joseph in his new style, he'll often draw him wearing pilot goggles to help people recognize him because of that. Here's an example, from the Jojonium rereleases:

- Also, I mentioned last week that there is a Light Novel released for JoJo's 25th Anniversary called Jorge Joestar that's batshit insane. Well, one of the most well known pieces of insanity involves Kars, and because we now passed Part 2's end, I can now tell you about it. In Jorge Joestar, it turns out that Kars, after being defeated by Joseph, is now living on the planet Mars, and because of some universe-shenanigans, there are 36 of him hanging out together on the surface of Mars. I wish I was making that up. If you don't believe me, here's a piece of the official art from the LN.

- Also, I mentioned last week that there is a Light Novel released for JoJo's 25th Anniversary called Jorge Joestar that's batshit insane. Well, one of the most well known pieces of insanity involves Kars, and because we now passed Part 2's end, I can now tell you about it. In Jorge Joestar, it turns out that Kars, after being defeated by Joseph, is now living on the planet Mars, and because of some universe-shenanigans, there are 36 of him hanging out together on the surface of Mars. I wish I was making that up. If you don't believe me, here's a piece of the official art from the LN.

Doesn't Jonathan also come back to life in that Light Novel?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't bring myself to read it due to the poor reactions from fans & it just sounds like it crosses the line of "fun" weird/bizarre & goes way too deep into "what the actual hell" weird.

But I also recall it wasn't written by Araki, so that probably explains it.

caliph95

Araki's writing boils down to "That's bullshit, but I believe it"
You can channel the power of the sun by breathing sure why not.

You can also use it to create killer bubbles and climb walls okay i guess

Also Super vampires can that can create chainshow with their bones and be invisible somehow by blowing throuhg their bodies real hard. Sounds genuine

You can channel the power of the sun by breathing sure why not.

You can also use it to create killer bubbles and climb walls okay i guess

Also Super vampires can that can create chainshow with their bones and be invisible somehow by blowing throuhg their bodies real hard. Sounds genuine

Or becoming the ultimate lifeform and turning your hand into a ravenous squirrel.

tumblr_oof2e39uPt1rvb8cmo1_540.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Finally caught Samurai Jack from last night and that was an interesting couple of parts. Was not expecting those turn of events be it poltergeist Scotsman and his all daughter army or Jack telling stories from his childhood. One thing I've noticed is this season is really focusing on the inner lives of the both Jack and Ashi and its pretty cool. That talk with the Moon Mom was cool to see juxtaposed to Jack constantly hallucinating the dead that he couldn't save or help. Of course that ending as well, really curious what the hell is going on with that horned Samurai.

cntr

Banned
Despite being from part 2 out of 8, Ultimate Kars is still one of the strongest characters in the entire series. There's a handful of people who might plausibly defeat him, and even then, it's uncertain.

Grexeno

Despite being from part 2 out of 8, Ultimate Kars is still one of the strongest characters in the entire series. There's a handful of people who might plausibly defeat him, and even then, it's uncertain.
There's a handful of people who could theoretically beat him, but unless they're capable of completely annihilating him down to a cellular level without the element of surprise, I'd go Kars in basically every matchup.

Mizerman

I think the thing that would actually phase Kars are the super broken Stands that later appear.

caliph95

In a straight fight yeah only Dio and Jotaro stand a chance not win mind you but to give a challenge,
otherwise guys like Kira will rely on tricks

Jarate

Banned
Who would win in a fight Tien or Kars?

Trick Question. Tien might find it necessary to use the Evil Containment Wave and be able to trap Kars forever, but killing himself in the process. Thus who won the Battle?

cntr

Banned
even normal Kars would probably outsmart Tien.

The Evil Containment Wave only works on demons and spirits, probably not vampires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom