• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Despite the million problems Naruto has, I still like it oddly enough. It has things I really like about it throughout the entire series until the end, and the ending and epilogue itself was really good. Even the Boruto movie was really good, and the series had a promising start.

It's weird. I can't think of any other series with so many problems with the story and pacing (especially the anime with the filler) where I still look back on it somewhat fondly.

cntr

Banned
When Naruto wasn't bad, it was usually pretty good and pretty memorable. Most of its cast was likeable, and ironically enough, the hyper-focus on the terrible characters meant that most of the good characters got through it relatively unscathed.

Plus, until the war arc, the manga never really got irreparably bad. If it ended with a Madara arc after the Pain arc, it probably would've been looked back upon as a flawed series that was mostly okay aside from the Sasuke bits.

I always felt MHA was Naruto if it delivered on it's promises.
MHA reminds me more of Hunter x Hunter + Eyeshield 21, but yeah it has a bunch of stuff similar to Naruto except done right. Details are spoilers tho.

Mizerman

Despite the million problems Naruto has, I still like it oddly enough. It has things I really like about it throughout the entire series until the end, and the ending and epilogue itself was really good. Even the Boruto movie was really good, and the series had a promising start.

It's weird. I can't think of any other series with so many problems with the story and pacing (especially the anime with the filler) where I still look back on it somewhat fondly.

It's because I still have some fondness for Naruto that I'm disappointed at how it turned out for the most part. Because I spent a long time following it and enjoyed it greatly. Contrast that to Bleach where although I followed it for a couple of years, it never grabbed me like Naruto, so it ending didn't really disappoint me despite having problems with it.

Morlas

It was pretty obvious Kubo mostly lost interest in bleach about halfway through the arrancar arc.

edit: Though I gotta say even if you only switched hinata and sakura's places i think the dynamic wouldve improved significantly because i think sasuke and hinata wouldve actually had fairly intersting interactions being reserved in different ways and both being from the two biggest clans.....
The hyuga were not nearly as important as they should've been considering their lineage

oh_jack.png

I like how that outfit didn't seem like it was necessary at all.

I always felt MHA was Naruto if it delivered on it's promises.

MHA does feel like a better written Naruto. It builds upon itself and doesn't rush characterization like Naruto does.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I used to love staying up late, now I'm old. I got nothing going on this entire week though besides some spring cleaning and doing my parent's taxes though so I've slipped back into bad habits.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
staying up late has its benefits

for example, going to shop at 5 a.m. means nobody else is there & the store is actually quiet instead of being noisy & busy, plus all the roads don't have as many cars & the stop lights are either yellow or blinking red

plus nobody could bug me on my nights off when I lived at my dad's

Morlas

I fully acknowledge Naruto has some problems, but i like the world and i like a lot of the characters and thats enough for me.

Kishi should have gone all in with *manga spoilers*
Sakura not being Sarda's biological mother
She would've broken her spine trying to hoist up that L.
I fully acknowledge Naruto has some problems, but i like the world and i like a lot of the characters and thats enough for me.
The best thing I can say about Naruto is that it's better than Bleach. I have watched Naruto...a lot of it actually, I will never watch Bleach.

At least she's not low rent glasses sakura.
Sarada really needs more Sasuke in her character design to spice it up a bit.
Especially since the new guy can't draw her to save his worthless life. Why the fuck is he putting a 12 year old girl in fucking stripper heels?

Morlas

I guess my personal thing with Hinata is the whole "pure waifu" archetype never really did it for me.

Fucking savage, but not wrong lol

I can understand why you would feel that way just from her personality, but personally i think she has much more to her than that, but Kishimoto just didn't spend enough time on her to let the other aspects of her character shine since every major thing she did in the series involved Naruto. Actually I think her journey in dealing with her clan would've been a good miniseries
and not just because she's best girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom