• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 10 - Show Us, Goku! The Power of a Super Saiyan God!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 53 - XCII
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 10 - Show Us, Goku! The Power of a Super Saiyan God!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 108 - The Junior Champ Is Finally Decided! Who Will Fight Against Mr. Satan?
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 20 - Young Caesar
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 10 - From the Scorching Earth
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 42 - Defend × And × Attack
3:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 149 - Separation
3:30 - One Piece - 383 - The Great Scramble for Treasure! Collapse! Spa Island!
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 6 - MEME

Later.

Mizerman

Super Nintendo Chalmers.

2982654-snc.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh man, GitS is going to go into meme territory next week.

....at least, I would assume based on the episode title.

Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 10 - Show Us, Goku! The Power of a Super Saiyan God!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 53 - XCII
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 10 - Show Us, Goku! The Power of a Super Saiyan God!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 108 - The Junior Champ Is Finally Decided! Who Will Fight Against Mr. Satan?
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 20 - Young Caesar
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 10 - From the Scorching Earth
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 42 - Defend × And × Attack
3:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 149 - Separation
3:30 - One Piece - 383 - The Great Scramble for Treasure! Collapse! Spa Island!
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 6 - MEME

Later.

I cannot flipping wait for Samurai Jack next week! I can barely contain myself.

XYExocN.gif

Seda

I dont mind the type of fanservice in this episode of GitS. It feels more like a part of the character and an established adult relationship that character has; not wacky anime hijinks or a butt shot in a totally unrelated scene. Not denying that it's fanservice, but it feels way more appropriate in the way it is used.

cntr

Banned
It was fanservice, but more like...movie fanservice, not anime fanservice. Which makes sense. If the Major didn't have other more gratuitous fanservice scenes like her normal outfit, I wouldn't question it at all. But even so, I can overlook it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I dont mind the type of fanservice in this episode of GitS. It feels more like a part of the character and an established adult relationship that character has; not wacky anime hijinks or a butt shot in a totally unrelated scene. Not denying that it's fanservice, but it feels way more appropriate in the way it is used.
I'll gladly take it the way GitS does it over *insert generic ecchi harem anime #1652*

We, Without Wings had some of the most random "let's do a fanservice scene" moments I've seen, but then I realized it was based on a PC visual novel, so it made more sense.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I guess those who stayed up until 3am know what I'm talking about with this One Piece filler. It's well animated and kinda clever. The next episode is one of my favorite filler episodes because it reminds me of many a tabletop roleplaying session that I DM'd.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Might be blasphemous but I actually don't mind Gundam Jesus Kira Yamato's turn into not killing people in act 3 of Gundam SEED. He can do it and doesn't want to kill people, so he tries his best not to. Nothing more than that. Sure, some of those disabled suits over the ocean or in space are going to get got, but he's not targetting cockpits or engines anymore.

Mizerman

Totally forgot about Kenshin. Yeah, he's definitely another good example of that trope.

Yep. Him and Vash are good examples for their vow.

Might be blasphemous but I actually don't mind Gundam Jesus Kira Yamato's turn into not killing people in act 3 of Gundam SEED. He can do it and doesn't want to kill people, so he tries his best not to. Nothing more than that. Sure, some of those disabled suits over the ocean or in space are going to get got, but he's not targetting cockpits or engines anymore.

I. See. What. You. Did. There.

Kenshin is probably the best example of this trope. It shows why he won't do it and goes into the consequences of not doing it.

Especially if you read the manga. Dude had a messed up backstory.

I didn't mind Gundam Jesus Kira Yamato's turn to not killing, at least when he made the turn to non-killing the show complimented him with a Gundam aimed towards disabling units and ranged attacks.

Boy...reading that Gantz thread having never read/watched Gantz....

...That series sounds like every bad offensive anime meshed into one.

ckohler

So I guess those who stayed up until 3am know what I'm talking about with this One Piece filler. It's well animated and kinda clever. The next episode is one of my favorite filler episodes because it reminds me of many a tabletop roleplaying session that I DM'd.
On the podcast, I've been mentioning in advance about how nice this mini filler arc looks and how it's just kinda fun.

Btw, if you like fanservice there's some involving Nami next episode. Just sayin'.

The Phantom Troupe Cast for those interested:
Chrollo - Robbie Daymond
Uvogin - Patrick Seitz
Nobunaga - Joe J. Thomas
Shalnark - Griffin Burns
Feitan - Tom Bauer
Pakunoda - Erica Lindbeck
Phinks - David Vincent
Franklin - Edward Bosco
Shizuku - Janice Roman Roku
Machi - Abby Trott

So yeah, Save for Patrick Seitz and David Vincent, it's pretty much all new blood, and a couple of older VAs like Joe J. Tomas and Janice Roman Roku who are new to the anime scene.

Catching up on toonami

I never realized the scene of krillin saying "the big oaf really knows how to work a crowd" is actually a decent bit of foreshadowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom