• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the One Piece Time Skip really didn't come into its own until the parts of it that started to focus on Trafalgar Law.

But honestly, the pacing of One Piece goes to absolute shit around this point. Like literally the point where Toei goes 1 Chapter = 1 Episode level pacing. So, while it sucks I'm not at all sad to see One Piece leave the block.

Agreed on the spoiler marked stuff and on the pacing. I actually dropped the One Piece anime over a year ago now due to how abysmal it had gotten; it just wasn't fun to watch anymore. I still read the manga, although not week-to-week anymore; I let that shit build up and then read a bunch in huge chunks. Weekly manga work better that way for me.

Xe4

Banned
11:00 - Jack
11:30 - Super
12:00 - Kai
12:30 - Jojo (and later, Mob)
01:00 - Tokyo Ghoul
01:30 - Hunter x Hunter
02:00 - Unicorn
02:30 - Naruto
03:00 - GitS

That's my guess for the schedule.

Do you know when we'll know the schedule for real? I keep hearing different reports on when the thing starts (10:30 vs 11:00).

Edit: Maybe the SJ premiere is at 10:30 on the AS stream but at 11:00 on Toonami??? Though why they would do something that stupid is beyond me...

Xe4

Banned
idk, we'll probably find out sometime next week

Jack's at 11:00 Eastern Time either way.

Ok, but there's an AS stream that says the SJ premier tonight will also be at 10:30, a half hour before the Toonami premier... WTF?

I'm just trying to figure the thing out so people aren't confused...

Line_HTX

Wait, so Toonami HAD to give up One Piece? This smells like Toei's hands all over it if Toonami never technically got Tokyo Ghoul and just so happens to be the next one up on the most requested.

cntr

Banned
Wait, so Toonami HAD to give up One Piece? This smells like Toei's hands all over it if Toonami never technically got Tokyo Ghoul and just so happens to be the next one up on the most requested.
Demarco said "It wasn't our choice", so yeah, it had to be Toei.

Toonami must've had Mob, Lupin, and Tokyo Ghoul all ready, right? They wouldn't have held that poll otherwise. And since Mob's probably getting its own proper premier, they defaulted to pulling in Tokyo Ghoul.

Toei is the same fuckboi company that made simulcast sites like crunchyroll and funimation wait over a year to begin airing subbed episodes for dragon ball super.

Unit24

huh? everything I've heard from the MP100 dub sounds fine

I disagree. I skipped to a later episode to see if they could pull off the more emotional moments, and they completely fell flat. Mob sounds way too emotionless all the time. I know the point is supposed to be that he sounds a bit monotone, but there are times when you're supposed to hear anger or sadness building up within him as he talks, and it just doesn't come through at all with the English VA. And most of the other voices just... don't sound right to me.

I was starting to wonder if this was just a problem I have with dubs in general, but then I watched the dub of My Hero Academia and thought it was great, so I'm pretty sure it's not just me.

cntr

Banned
If ratings is the short answer why OP is going (and why Tokyo Ghoul won't air in the same slot), I wonder what the reaction will be if Shippuden pulls in similar numbers. Though they could have a more favorable deal for that show.
Doesn't seem like ratings were the primary reason for OP's departure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped Shippuden in the near future.

I have to imagine that since One Piece will no longer be on the block, Toonami will probably end up going straight into IBO2 once Unicorn is finished.

Part of me is also banking on AOT2 dub to debut as soon as Samurai Jack finishes as well.

zulux21

I wonder if should just spend the 30 minutes Tokyo Ghoul is on reading the manga instead.

whether you are talking about reading tokyo ghoul or one piece, either would be better time spent then watching TG the anime.

Ugh, this made me get a funimation sub. Not thay i wasnt for it. Just loved watching once piece on toonami.Guess im just marathoning all they have dubbed since they seem to be quite a bit farther than i thought.

yeah the funimation sub is like 100 if not more episodes ahead of toonami...

and that is still like 300 episodes behind japan :p

Thinking about it, Who has the rights to Konosuba over here, Aniplex?

no one currently has the rights for konosuba home video release, but it will without a doubt not be aniplex (thankfully).

given its popularity, I would imagine that crunchy will eventually license it for home release, but we still need their first wave of releases to come out before we worry about that.

if not, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a late sentai pick up as since funimation hasn't simuldubbed it odds are they won't be getting the rights for it.

There's something depressing about waking up past noon.

just think if you woke up 24 hours from when you woke up today it would be after 1 tomorrow :p

It's almost hard to believe we're only a few hours away from ALL NEW Samurai Jack.

I know it's been hinted that the Scotsman will return, but I would like to see the return or cameos of other characters Jack has encountered in previous seasons like the Jump Good Caveman, the Time Portal Guardian, Josephine and Zeke, Sam-moo-Rhai, and those dog people from the first episodes.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Jack has come back from the past as the battle to undo the future that is Aku renews once more, Goku attempts to tame the power of a god as he faces off with Beerus, Goten and Trunks go all out in the Juniors Final and the winner gets a chance to beat the shit outta Satan, Caesar launches a desperate solo raid on the Pillar Men's stronghold while Lisa Lisa reveals Caesar's deepest secrets to Jojo, the Zeon Remnant forces successfully descend to Earth with the Unicorn in their custody once again, Gon and Killua reunite with an old friend while the Phantom Troupe begin to make their move, Naruto is trapped at the cabin while Hotaru is captured making it a race against time to prevent the forbidden jutsu from falling into the wrong hands, Luffy decides it's time to wreck a perfectly good resort in order to get back Sayo and find the secret of the treasure that Sayo and Rina's father sought, and all hell breaks loose as the Superintendent-General's press conference turns into a mass assassination attempt with no explanation for the culprits' actions.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 10 - Show Us, Goku! The Power of a Super Saiyan God!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 53 - XCII
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 10 - Show Us, Goku! The Power of a Super Saiyan God!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 108 - The Junior Champ Is Finally Decided! Who Will Fight Against Mr. Satan?
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 20 - Young Caesar
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 10 - From the Scorching Earth
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 42 - Defend × And × Attack
3:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 149 - Separation
3:30 - One Piece - 383 - The Great Scramble for Treasure! Collapse! Spa Island!
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 6 - MEME

Xe4

Banned
Me RN
giphy.gif

Favorite Jack episode annnnd go!

The Princess and The Bounty Hunters

latest

Runner up: Jack and the Haunted House

Definetly either X-9 or Samurai vs. Ninja.

X-9 because it was fucking amazing the whole way through, and Samurai vs. Ninja because it had one of the best fight scenes ever.

Seda

My guess is that Adult Swim showing the new Samurai Jack episode a half hour early on their stream is just a one week only promotional thing.

Line_HTX

I was bored and deided to cut into my recording backlog starting with the 4th episode.

Trunks is a hacker that just took advantage of convenient opportunities such as a plug on the outlet wall and Bulma leaving the password on the table, LMAO

LOL at Pilaf's "HOLY SCHNIKES!"

"You mean if you didn't finish your brocoli? Or if you went into a Hot Spring and pee pee in it?"

SMH Goku

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wake up usually past 3 p.m., though last weekend, I somehow slept until 5 p.m.

Also crap, I keep forgetting this weekend, we gotta go back...back to the future by setting our clocks ahead an hour. It's a pain trying to remember which of my devices do it automatically now & which ones I have to do manually.

Regiruler

Goten and Trunks go all out in the Juniors Final and the winner gets a chance to beat the shit outta Satan

this is good
I wake up usually past 3 p.m., though last weekend, I somehow slept until 5 p.m.

Also crap, I keep forgetting this weekend, we gotta go back...back to the future by setting our clocks ahead an hour. It's a pain trying to remember which of my devices do it automatically now & which ones I have to do manually.

Aren't you night shift though? That makes sense for you.

Line_HTX

Man, if there's one sentence to describe Goku, it's King Kai and it's literally the best sentence of all time.

"I swear you have brain damage."

Tenumi

Banned

Welcome to my life.

On the side note, if I get my laptop re-running again, then I might be on for DB and maybe Jojo. Gotta love trying to keep an old laptop running because you can't afford to get a new one.

Line_HTX

I have finally caught up. I have to say, it was well worth the wait for the Super Dub because this combined with the musical score as Videl saves the day literally brought me back to the days when I got so hyped for this.

Dare I say this is better than the Battle of Gods movie.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Do you know when we'll know the schedule for real? I keep hearing different reports on when the thing starts (10:30 vs 11:00).

Edit: Maybe the SJ premiere is at 10:30 on the AS stream but at 11:00 on Toonami??? Though why they would do something that stupid is beyond me...

That is actually correct.

Moaradin

I have finally caught up. I have to say, it was well worth the wait for the Super Dub because this combined with the musical score as Videl saves the day literally brought me back to the days when I got so hyped for this.

Dare I say this is better than the Battle of Gods movie.

That might be blasphemy around these parts.

Though I probably enjoy the Super retelling more than some people here.

Line_HTX

Oh, don't get me wrong. I bought tickets to go see Battle of Gods and I enjoyed it a lot. But I liked Super fleshing it out a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom