• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Music is getting to me, mushy willingly walking onto the hand for some reason is making me extra sad.
cant deal.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzR4nSHQkuLxP_z

zlCfzR4nhLMefkby7-
zlCfzR4nugUVGLjsSg

zlCfzR4n1IgBykmxhk
zlCfzR4oMOkW_fWSY0

zlCfzR4oc4kGXjaiC9
zlCfzR4oraMB3Q4oPH

zlCfzR4ozpolHQyV_i
zlCfzR4o-RQKToSc6G

zlCfzR4pNdctvjnmx_
zlCfzR4ptNkMtAoP1v

zlCfzR4p7hkS4CmvGk
zlCfzR4qNGk2qOjww6

zlCfzR4qiXAvPMVlJ8
zlCfzR4qvMQ323qVuW

zlCfzR4rKYIWVi8dxM
zlCfzR4rTDYB2umshn

LATER on Toonami

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 2 - That Day: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 2
12:00 - Bleach - 344 - A Dispute in School?! Ichigo and Uryuu, Fight Together!
12:30 - Space Dandy - 6 - The War of the Undies and Vests, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 19 - Traps Activate! Team Guy's Enemy
1:30 - One Piece - 253 - Sanji Barges In! Sea Train Battle in the Storm!
2:00 - Blue Exorcist - 12 - A Game of Tag
2:30 - Black Lagoon - 8 - Rasta Blasta
3:00 - Beware the Batman - 1 - Hunted
3:30 - Naruto - 19 - The Demon in the Snow
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 12 - One is All, All is One
4:30 - Samurai Jack - 15 - Jack Tales
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 38 - Cat and Mouse
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 10 - Lessons in Love

Later.

Raxus

Second week in a row and another 6 1/2 hour challenge done. Aww right.

Great stuff SAB. Good stuff all around.

Later.

Seda

Rock is tired of your shit.....

Rock's massive balls just keep getting bigger.

Revy is LEGIT SHOOK

OH F--!!!!!

Level up time

Rock is tired of this shit

Oh snap fucking ROCK

I love this back and forth.

The violence might be in the forefront but the conversations like this? Makes the show what it is.

Yeah, I forgot this episode was coming on. Its for the best.

yooooooooooooo

Based Rock

Rock growing a massive set of balls?!

Holy fuck Rock
EWmof.gif

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!

& Rock starting to get cooler!

LEGIT SHOOK

HIS BALLS HAVE DROPPED AND THEY'RE THE SIZE OF THE LARGEST STARS!

Shit just got real

Rock is the fucking man

Rock growing balls.

Rock :bow :bow

Hahahahaha. Fuck you too Revy.

Rock, your balls will shield you.

oh shit

dunno if that's a good idea rock

YES ROCK TELL IT TO HER STRAIGHT!

Holy fuck this scene.

Revy legit shook at the size of Rock's balls. And they are growing by the minute.

Revy is legit shook.

THE MOTHAFUCKIN BALLS ON THIS DUDE

Rock's HAD ENOUGH!

DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNN

What the hell is going on o_O

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LIKE I GIVE A FUCK.

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

SHE ACTUALLY TRIED TO KILL HIM!?!?!

BALLS OF STEEL!!!

Here we go. My favorite scene.

Now kiss.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Dude...DUDE.

Rock da fucking god. I want to convert to Rock-stianity and worship at the temple of Rock.

holy

shit

Bitch my name is ROCK

HOLY FUCK

LOOK AT THIS MAN'S BALLS! LOOK AT HOW BIG THEY ARE! LOOK AT ROCK'S BALLS! HE GIVES NO FUCKS ANYMORE!

Hard as a ROCK!

Okay now I am aboard the Rock hype train. Sorry Revy, sorry Dutch.

Rock ain't playing this shit anymore.

holy shit

HOLY CRAP, ROCK.

YOU GO, MAN.

Rock has had ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT

GOD DAMN!!!!!

GET EM
GET EM
GET EM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KILL THEM

Rock is the inverse Shinji. Dude's balls grow exponentially.
EDIT: The tie is gone! Limiters are off!

NO FUCKING FEAR

Laying down the law, holy shit

SWAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGG

Oh god the bleeps, I am drowning in them!

The character development is *bleeping* great.

What the hell is going on this episode OH MY GOD

AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!

Wow, so glad I stayed up for this.

Rock is going super bleeping saiyan.

G
Holy
Shiiiiit.

Praise be Rock's massive balls for they are massive.

PRIVILEGES BEING CHECKED

Rock cutting Revy down pretty hard. Really putting the spurs to her.

Look at Rock's fucking balls grow even larger as he drops truth bombs all over Revvy, holy shit.

You won't hit him though

Fuck your pride.

It's the fuzz. Get outta there.

ROCK IS THE BEST FUCKING PROTAGONIST IN ANY TOONAMI SHOW EVER.

yo

Rock is the greatest

These truth bombs are atomic!

mvwmAf1.gif

This episode..

Rock taking that punch like a BOSS

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!!!!!!!!

Best

episode

ever.

Fuck.

This is absolutely amazing.

How fucking big can Rock's balls grow? They just keep growing and growing!

No no no nononononononononononnonnonon. I mean this will be the best way to start the ending credits but please....

This is getting so FUCKING good.

I don't want this to ever end

Revy is legit shook.

Rock's balls just grew 10x this day.

BIG FUCKING BALLS

Rock's massive balls still have me in awe.

Black Lagoon>>>>>>>>>your favorite shonen

Rock>>>>>>>>>>your favorite shonen hero

I'm glad this show's in widescreen so we can fit all of Rock's balls on the screen.

Rock now has a legit reason for his name.

Galaxy-sized fucking balls here. This is one of the best scenes in the entire first season.

Such a fucking great episode.

Later.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Love your Black Lagoon sketch on your sketch dump! Great work like always. It's always fantastic to come back and just admire it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Gooooooood morning everyone. Quite a busy night.

Attack on Titan
Standard Shonen prologue episode. Everything is peaceful, then SHIT GOES DOWN
I thought the voice acting was fine, except for Eren, though that had more to do with the fact that Papenbrook is clearly too old to be voicing young boys. The bit of narration from older Eren at the end sounded good though.
I saw someone cry "The voice acting is horrid, it sounds like an Abridged Series". Yikes, the hyperbole is strong.
I do think people overreacted to the cut opening. Yes it's a great opening, but calm the fuck down!

Bleach
Oh hey, we're back in canon. ... And it still sucks.
Okay, it's not so horrid, but this arc is going to shit the bed hard.

Shippuden
How sad is it that THIS is considered an action-packed episode? More stuff happened in the newest One Piece last night (the simulcast not the dub).

One Piece
Bit of a set-up episode. Trying to find Luffy & Zoro while Sanji boards the train in the hopes of saving Robin, and maybe Usopp and Franky, but mostly Robin.

Blue Exorcist
Bland filler is blaaaaaaaaaand. What's funny though is that in the manga
the beach episode there actually does involve a Kraken, and it's not as stupid as this was.

Black Lagoon
Well, that was a badass episode. Takes a lot of guts to call out a psycho like Revy. I hope the people playing the drinking game are okay.

Why do you assume this arc of Bleach is going to be awful? Especially after one episode that was basically slice of life with a brief introduction of the villain(s)? I'd like to hear an argument for why besides 'Bleach sux' and I don't say that to be snarky, just trying to see a different point of view. Obviously I'm a little biased.

The general consensus last night was that it was a good episode, Fullbring is probably the best canon arc since Rescue Rukia in my opinion although
the ending gets a little wacky. And by wacky I mean stupid

Tenumi

Banned
Watching Recordings right now, this episode of Blue Exorcist is dragging on something fierce...

One Piece was great, though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, that episode was just another long stretch of dull grey tedium that is Bleach and moreover this show really hasn't earned the right to be given a chance like that.

Well I can't really say you're wrong to think that it was a boring episode, that's your own opinion and you're certainly entitled to it. Personally, I found it to be very entertaining. I'm a sucker for time skips so it was cool seeing (almost) everyone 17 months in the future. The comedy worked too, I genuinely laughed out loud a few times. The only complaint I had was telegraphing the antagonist so soon, that could have been handled a lot better. The same goes for Blue Exorcist, I LOVED that beach episode, the only flaw was the crappy anti-climactic ending.

Bleach is a very flawed show, I can recognize that. However, I do think the hatred for it in here can be a little over the top at times and kind of hypocritical when compared to other long running popular shonen that have the same problems. I don't know if my hyperbole detector is off or if people actually think it's the worst thing to ever air in the history of television.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, hard to talk about Black Lagoon during the night when I try to focus on counting all those bleeps & swears, especially considering last night's episode pretty much doubled the new record.

So yeah, Rock rocked for having the rocks to grow some rocks against Revy. Easily one of the best episodes so far, & the fact it was character-focused rather than on action kind of amazed me. & it seems next week, everybody ought to have a maid.

Watching Recordings right now, this episode of Blue Exorcist is dragging on something fierce...

One Piece was great, though.
Held my attention a lot more than last week's episode, which I would easily consider the worst/most boring. Granted, I still can't believe this still feels like filler, but at least it gave me a couple laughs out of it instead of making me almost fall asleep.

Black Lagoon can't be praised enough, I'm still in awe at how awesome that episode was. Really, the whole night was solid, even Shippuden had its moments. One Piece is starting to ramp up too which has me pumped.

Comedy focused Bleach is generally pretty good and last night was no exception, it wasn't an amazeballs episode but it was entertaining.

Can't comment on sbt but the only episode that was a struggle to get through was clone wars, shippuden while slow did have some good comedy moments

zlCfzR4nSHQkuLxP_z

zlCfzR4nhLMefkby7-
zlCfzR4nugUVGLjsSg

zlCfzR4n1IgBykmxhk
zlCfzR4oMOkW_fWSY0

zlCfzR4oc4kGXjaiC9
zlCfzR4oraMB3Q4oPH

zlCfzR4ozpolHQyV_i
zlCfzR4o-RQKToSc6G

zlCfzR4pNdctvjnmx_
zlCfzR4ptNkMtAoP1v

zlCfzR4p7hkS4CmvGk
zlCfzR4qNGk2qOjww6

zlCfzR4qiXAvPMVlJ8
zlCfzR4qvMQ323qVuW

zlCfzR4rKYIWVi8dxM
zlCfzR4rTDYB2umshn

LATER on Toonami
Great Stuff! Attack on ToonamiGaf sketch jump.
Gald you include Titan as Titan on Attack on Titan. XD Is this your first time doing sketches of AoT?
Meanwhile the rest of the block is getting eaten(like Dandy) or killed like Haku. And more dawws from One Piece and Symbionic Titan.
3_3 did get a chuckele out of me so I glad I included it.
And is that TMNT movie Might Guy?
Edit: Wouldn't it be Attack on anti-smoking? ;)

bigkrev

Black Lagoon- that was seriously a perfect 30 minutes of television. I died at the "kiss" in the end

Blue Exorcist- If it's 2 in the morning, I don't mind a show that makes me turn my brain off and just enjoy it for how goofy/dumb it is. Plus, we got shota this week!

One Piece- as long as it actually feels like stuff is happening, I'll continue to enjoy this, but seriously, the whole "Luffy is stuck!" plot got old about 10 seconds after it started.

Bleach- DTL once said "everything should be set in school, it makes everything better". For once, I could actually understand what the hell was going on in an episode of Bleach, though I fear that in a week or 2 it's going to be back to me not caring.

Attack on Titan- I....didn't like this. It seemed a lot worse than I remembered (I watched up to the big plot point early in the series before getting bored with it as it was airing), and not to be That Guy, but I did not think the dub was great. It wasn't bad, but Eren really sucked, and Armin did not fit at all.

Naruto- Poor Haku :(

Did not watch Dandy so I could catch some of the NBA game, and I'm not crazy enough to watch Shippuden.

Good week

daveo42

Banned
zlCfzR4nSHQkuLxP_z

zlCfzR4nhLMefkby7-
zlCfzR4nugUVGLjsSg

zlCfzR4n1IgBykmxhk
zlCfzR4oMOkW_fWSY0

zlCfzR4oc4kGXjaiC9
zlCfzR4oraMB3Q4oPH

zlCfzR4ozpolHQyV_i
zlCfzR4o-RQKToSc6G

zlCfzR4pNdctvjnmx_
zlCfzR4ptNkMtAoP1v

zlCfzR4p7hkS4CmvGk
zlCfzR4qNGk2qOjww6

zlCfzR4qiXAvPMVlJ8
zlCfzR4qvMQ323qVuW

zlCfzR4rKYIWVi8dxM
zlCfzR4rTDYB2umshn

LATER on Toonami

Great job!

This week's Toonami was pretty great, with Shippuden being the biggest downer of the night. Everything else was pretty good or at least watchable.

Best of the night has to go to Black Lagoon. I remember being blown away by that turn of the events the first time I watched it, and it still delivers really hard in the dub. Top notch voice work too. AoT was also top tier, especially with that ending. I am hoping that the VA will grow into their characters, since I felt like one or two voices were okay, but didn't seem to fit the character all of the time. Lastly, OP was good with it's balance of comedy and build up to future events.

Loved the reactions. Thanks for posting as I missed a ton of these last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom