• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
generally pretty good my ass. I can't even remember the last time I found something in Bleach to be remotely funny, and that was when I was actually watching the show over half a decade ago

TssDTdI.gif

Did you not sleep at all?

I skipped SBT to take a 90 minute nap before work, thats the only sleep I've had in the past 34 hours

You don't need to watch extreme rules. Just watch the Shield match later

If I'm paying for this stupid wwe network I'm gonna get my damn moneys worth

Why did you stay up so long bass? insomnia?

Woke up at 8 saturday to go to work 10-7, then toonami gaf shenanigans started at 8pm and went till 5:30 when I bailed out early to take a 90 minute nap. Then I worked 8-5, just got home about to eat dinner then watch extreme rules.

Have had 2 monster and 2 5 hour energy extra strength. I'd probably feel 10x better if I hadn't made that spaghettio's with pepperoni. Cooking the pepperoni with the spaghettio's cause the grease from the pepperonis to mix into the sauce and it destroyed my stomach. I'm sticking with ramen forever as my Toonami late night meal changing it up was a huge mistake

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Reminder that Rangiku is nurse Joy. :D

Don't tell Brock.

Side-note: The new running gag involving pretty girls in Pokemon X/Y is really weird. Every time Clemont's younger sister Bonnie sees a pretty girl, she approaches them and says they'd make a "perfect wife for my brother".

Gorillaz

The build up to DB vs Kane has been terrible, but I'm willing to bet the match will be good. I don't think I can handle Cena going over Wyatt again
It alll feels empty. Ill watch still since I don't have much to do but yea its bad. I just want Wyatt to go over this one. He won't obviously

Crocodile

Having actually watched most of AoT (I missed a few episodes in the middle), the show IS melodramtic as shit and has the subtlety of a rhino charging through a china shop. No the dub did not make it extra melodramatic and yes I'm aware the universe they are in SUCKS that still doesn't change the fact that this show is brought to you by the same guy who gave you the "I'll take a potato chip and EAT IT" scene. Subtlety is not this director's forte. Also prepare for MANY scenes like:

Person A: Holy shit we're fucked
Person B: I can't believe how fucked we are
Person C: How fucked are we?
Person A: Very fucked!

or

Person A: What's going on?
Person B: I don't know! Person C do you know what's happening?
Person C: No clue but something tells me we're fucked!

etc.

Also prepare for a lot of people doing and saying stupid things for the sake of DRAMA. This a shonen anime with mostly shonen protagonists in a senien-esque setting. It's weird sometimes.

bigkrev

The build up to DB vs Kane has been terrible, but I'm willing to bet the match will be good. I don't think I can handle Cena going over Wyatt again
That build up sucked because Bryan has basically spent the month getting married and having his Dad die. They didn't let him talk that one week because he was basically on the verge of tears just coming out

I'm sure AoT's melo/overdramaticness works for it.
Don't tell Brock.

Side-note: The new running gag involving pretty girls in Pokemon X/Y is really weird. Every time Clemont's younger sister Bonnie sees a pretty girl, she approaches them and says they'd make a "perfect wife for my brother".
Well that's new

Man God

Non-Canon Member
XY is really good for a Pokémon season.

Ash with the Aryan superhuman squad running around France, that new twist whenever a pretty girl shows up, Team Rocket has Wobbuffett back, Ash has a freaking love interest.

XY is really good for a Pokémon season.

Ash with the Aryan superhuman squad running around France, that new twist whenever a pretty girl shows up, Team Rocket has Wobbuffett back, Ash has a freaking love interest.

Downgrade no doubt. He was never gonna get Misty

Having actually watched most of AoT (I missed a few episodes in the middle), the show IS melodramtic as shit and has the subtlety of a rhino charging through a china shop. No the dub did not make it extra melodramatic and yes I'm aware the universe they are in SUCKS that still doesn't change the fact that this show is brought to you by the same guy who gave you the "I'll take a potato chip and EAT IT" scene. Subtlety is not this director's forte. Also prepare for MANY scenes like:

Person A: Holy shit we're fucked
Person B: I can't believe how fucked we are
Person C: How fucked are we?
Person A: Very fucked!

or

Person A: What's going on?
Person B: I don't know! Person C do you know what's happening?
Person C: No clue but something tells me we're fucked!

etc.

Also prepare for a lot of people doing and saying stupid things for the sake of DRAMA. This a shonen anime with mostly shonen protagonists in a senien-esque setting. It's weird sometimes.

Oh damn, I didn't know the Death Note guy was the director. That explains a lot >_>

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Love interest" is probably too generous.

However they did retcon Ash's past so that him and her met up as kids, apparently.

daveo42

Banned
tumblr_n4nlvhYX8K1t898meo1_500.gif

Get on the horse, Shinji.

wat...

This past week's Jojo was pretty great. Finally got around to seeing it. As for Pokeman, I haven't seen the show since around the time the first movie came out. Glad to see that Ash hasn't aged that much in the past 15+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom