• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why does Ace look exactly like Luffy?

Oda!!
LLShC.gif

It's because they are brothers!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh that makes sense.

Was this just not mentioned until really late, or did I miss a bunch of hints and statements that Luffy has a fricking brother?

daveo42

Banned
Oh that makes sense.

Was this just not mentioned until really late, or did I miss a bunch of hints and statements that Luffy has a fricking brother?

It was first mentioned when Ace is introduced in Arabasta. Luffy has a habit of not talking about his family until they show up unexpectedly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh that makes sense.

Real, serious, honest to god OP spoilers.

They are not biological brothers but Luffy looking like Ace is supposed to make you not question this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh that makes sense.

We find out not long after he meets the crew. They were all shocked to say the least.

It is said in the Crocodile/Alabasta arc, when he was introduced :p. Later One Piece spoilers:
yes what man god said it's a fake out to hide the fact they actually are only adoptive/self avowed brothers

Gorillaz

I havn't seen One Piece either but I heard it has so...so...sooooo many fucking episodes man. Idk if I will be able to catch up to to the show right now.

Same with Bleach.

Seda

Spoiler rules:

1. Give context to the spoiler.
  2. Tag it
That's it!

But as I've said before, more often than not this thread is fine with spoilers. *thumbs up*

I havn't seen One Piece either but I heard it has so...so...sooooo many fucking episodes man. Idk if I will be able to catch up to to the show right now.

Same with Bleach.

Well if you're gonna pick one pick One Piece as it's a lot better and it'll be around... forever

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex is a dumbass.

You're just learning this now?

Eh, some people just don't mind spoilers. Not a big deal as long as you tag them for everyone else.

Yeah TBH it doesn't really bother me. The only things I don't really like getting spoiled are character deaths.

Andrex is the best, though now he has the burden of catching up on One Piece.

Gotta kill time somehow before Durarara!! s2!

Maybe I'll give it a shot after my 5D's and GX rewatches.

Raxus

Same with Bleach.

People have made ways for you to streamline past the series and when it switches over to 1-1 pacing with the manga you can skip the intro and recap and episodes average around 18 minutes.

Spoiler rules:

SPOILER to seda's true nature to color blind people:
He's green Bass

I started One Piece in like grade 8 and now am finishing university, will likely be around by the time I start grad school, finish grad, have kids, send them to college, view the heat death of the universe, see JoJos no longer continue, here is where i'd make a joke about berserk or HxH but those will finish *after* One piece, etc etc. all in order.

You know, that particular arc of One Piece is so incredible that I don't think simple text spoilers can break it down. It's not one of those stories that sells itself out on the one twist (Harry Potter #6) and is basically useless once you know the spoiler.

Granted this is just from reading the manga, I have no idea about anything involving the anime.

I started One Piece in like grade 8 and now am finishing university, will likely be around by the time I start grad school, finish grad, have kids, send them to college, view the heat death of the universe, see JoJos no longer continue, here is where i'd make a joke about berserk or HxH but those will finish after One piece, etc etc. all in order.
One Piece will finish, barring Oda getting hit by a bus or something horrific. I can't say the same thing in confidence about Berserk or HxH.

Berserk, Bastard, Hunter x Hunter, Kochikame, Detective Conan, and JoJo are the only manga that will be around forever.

Araki is already confirmed to be a vampire, so that's not going anywhere.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Looks like I'm going to finish Casshern Sins on Tuesday.

So I'll leave it up to you what I start next, Samurai Seven (Sold My Wife) or Deadman Wonderland.

Going to save Tenchi Muyo GXP for last.

Then going to start this summer by finishing Kill La Kill, catching up on the OP anime, and will end it by finally conquering Legend of Galactic Heroes.

If Bleach doesn't come back in some form this fall I'll start from episode one. Might review the filler for shits and giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom