• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
what if blue exorcist repeats

what if it's replaced by sao

I think I could watch BE again, considering the alternative...

My guess is that if they can get Fairy Tail, that's where it would go in the block. Black Lagoon should be higher on the list, but some people wouldn't know good even when it pistol whips them in the head.

Raxus

In an unrelated, gaming note. My hype for Watch_Dogs has completely died. I have 0 interest in the game now. I am all about Mario Kart 8.

That Rainbow Road Remix. Listening to it makes me want to race on the track right now.

June (delivery) can't come soon enough!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
In an unrelated, gaming note. My hype for Watch_Dogs has completely died. I have 0 interest in the game now. I am all about Mario Kart 8.

That Rainbow Road Remix. Listening to it makes me want to race on the track right now.

June (delivery) can't come soon enough!

The game's multiple delays certainly didn't help.
I'm really not too bothered by the "downgradeton", though I'm going to laugh when actual footage of The Division comes out and it looks worse than the E3 reveal. The tears will salt my popcorn.

Dat Mario Kart 8 music though.

12:30->1:00 just seems to kill a lot of people regardless of the show that is there. Black Lagoon is a victim of coming on too late, OP is a victim of starting 200+ episodes into a long running series. Not everyone wants to put aside the extra time needed to marathon that much of one anime.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What if they had a crossover? & it premiered on Toonami?

tumblr_n3zmvw2W8o1t4gzwvo1_400.gif

ckohler

Normally, I would consider Blue Exorcist's "it's okay, nothing more" nature to be a good thing. But this is ToonamiGAF and we're only really happy when a show is either amazing enough to cheer at or awful enough so we can laugh our asses off.

I'll keep watching, of course.

Gorillaz

Having Toonami start off at like 11pm...on a Saturday night fucks it up real bad. It's always going to be a problem doing well within that first hour and half but most stuff from 1 on will get the short end of the stick, mainly OP, BE and BL.

I get that somethings can only air after a certain time (BL will never air in the first time slot ever lol) and it's "better then nothing" but man as nice as the line up is the timing and day will always kill it.

edit: Like said before One Piece will always get the short end because of it being like 200 million episodes in and people feel like they might get lost

BE is a perfect exampe of why you shouldn't adapt monthly manga until there is at least 4-5 years worth of chapters (40-50ish) and even then you still can have pacing issues. I do enjoy BE but like Seda said its crazy that we're almost half way though the series and very little main plot has happened outside of the first two episodes. We've gotten character development which is fine and good but deep down we know it'll never pay off in a meaningful way because we'll be trapped in an anime original ending soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I beat Ghost Recon:Shadow Wars today, bringing my total games beaten since the beginning of this project to 6. I missed playing Luigi's Mansion last week and barely played it this week but Layton 4 should be done this week or next. The new Tuesday game, which continues the themes of gritty, strat/rpgs/action games that I've previously began and am now working on Soul Hackers.

It's fucking crazy that last year in the US SMT IV, Soul Hackers and two EO games came out for one system. In one year.

I'm going to have to do something about Friday-Sunday though.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm really, really hyped for Mario Kart 8. Problem is I don't have a Wii U, nor the money for one (Or any new console/handheld, for that matter).

I need to do Man God's thing to beat some of these many many games in my backlog because once MK8 into Smash Bros 3DS I won't play anything else for a long while

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I need to do Man God's thing to beat some of these many many games in my backlog because once MK8 into Smash Bros 3DS I won't play anything else for a long while

MK8 is when things will fall apart. Job Fiesta will likely only be two weeks after that or so.

I've already got a plan for doing a mini Wii U backlog challenge when the fiesta begins. Probably play FF V for the first two weeks straight and then for the rest of the summer playing Wii U games at night before bed and FFV during breaks at work.

I've got Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, ZombiU, Warriors Orochi Hyper, and RE:R (not really essential since I beat the same game three weeks ago) and of course I have to juggle that with Mario Kart. I also have about 50 VC games and 20 eshop/wiiware games I want to go through and the back half of my 3DS list (which is frankly backloaded in length, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Project Cross Zone, Radiant Historia, Rune Factory 4, Harvest Moon A New Beginning, and Devil Survivor Overclocked are all between long and crazy long while RE:R, MGS3D, Shadow Wars, Sticker Star are all between short and medium in length, and most of them had at least a bit of progress on)

What I might do with Friday-Sunday is either give them up completely for Wii U stuff since I'm almost always home most of that time (before going back to TOONAMI watching I did my primary gaming for the week Saturday nights) or loosen the schedule. I've made almost no progress on Y in about two months, I've actually gone back in progress because of a save snafu in Oracle of Seasons, and I've stalled out about six hours into EO Untold because I'm too busy on Sundays.

LOLDSFAN

Yeah since I won't have classes this summer I plan to work on my backlog too. I've had a lot of Wii games that have been sitting here because I decided to buy a whole bunch at once a year or two ago.

Also I may go ahead and try to catch them all in X.

Just off the top of my head games I really want to finish/start playing

Xenoblade
Bravely Default
Layton 6
Persona 3/4
Kid Icarus Uprising

It's sad when the shortest one of those is still probably 15-20 hours long :X

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I'll be satisfied if I can beat:

Luigi's Mansion 2 (roughly 40 percent done)
Soul Hackers (Maybe 20-25%)
Tales of the Abyss (I'm 21 hours in...but this is a tales game, I might not even be 10% done)
Layton 4 (near the end) Layton 5
Pokémon Y

Before the end of the month.

If I really, really try maybe I can get EO Untold beat but I doubt it.

EDIT: The shortest of Bass's games is Layton 6, which probably takes around 20 hours to beat with all puzzles cleared. Everything else is a monster. KI:U is frighteningly long for a game of its genre. My BD:FF save is around the length of a Xenoblade save and both are 100 hour games to do everything. I know people with 150 hours in the P3 and P4 games.

Tenumi

Banned
All I've got planned since I finished the main Ace Attorney series is to finish Ghost Trick for the first time (On Chapter 9 or 10 right now), and then go through AA: Investigations again.

Also, hopefully I can stay up through Black Lagoon this weekend since I'm not wearing myself out with friends this Saturday.

And in addition to those games plus many many more in my backlog I want to watch/read waaay too many anime and manga series including the new stuff, and thanks to bigkrev I now watch WWE raw and PPV so that's another solid night of anything I lose to those.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only games in my backlog are:

- Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage
- Resonance of Fate
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
- Tales of Vesperia
- Shin Megami Tensei 4
- Strider (360)
- Conception 2
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Kingdom Hearts HD
- Soul Calibur 2 HD Online
- Killer 7
- Puppeteer
- Shadow of the Colossus HD
- Ico HD
- Capcom Arcade Cabinet

& I haven't even started:
- Tales of Xillia
- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
- The Last Story
- Castle of Illusion
- Thomas Was Alone
- both Toy Soldiers XBLA games
- The Wolf Among Us
- A World of Keflings
- Oneechanbara (hey, it was $3 on Xbox Live, I had to see how bad it was)
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories HD
- Rocket Knight (XBLA)
- Skullgirls Encore

WHY MUST LIFE BE SO DIFFICULT. #firstgamerproblems

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There are a few games on the Wii U where likely the only time you'll even find limited sales on in the US are likely before release, that will keep their value through the entire lifespan of the console though will also retain a considerable resale value. Those are NSMB, Super Mario 3D World, and the upcoming MK 8 and SSB4.

If you ever think you are going to sell your Wii U, get them physically. If not, you might as well get them digitally.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Casshern Sins Episode 19

Lyuse trips balls for the second straight episode. Maybe her brain is RUINed. Casshern is the Hydra, baby! Lyuse wants to fight Casshern IRL. I'm sure* Luna will fix everything.

* Luna will not fix anything.

I love how Casshern Sins really plays to the old adage that every rumor or story in a sci fi or fantasy tale is true.

Examples:

Devouring Casshern would make someone immortal. It works on Friender.

Luna, whom everyone blames Casshern for killing and causing the ruin, is alive despite a lot of robbits thinking it is a crazy hallucination caused by the ruin.

daveo42

Banned
I need to decide if I should cave and buy MK8 digitally day one or suffer waiting until i can find someone to pick up a retail copy.

I'm going physical, mainly because I've decided to pick up the MK8 Wii U bundle. IIt's going to feel weird having more than one current-gen console at a time. Haven't done that since gen 6. It's also going to ruin my current backlog, which is currently in the dumps to begin with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Casshern Sins Episode 20

Luna is alive! Crazy, and kind of a jerk, but alive! Braiking boss is up to something! Dune is healed! Dune is dead!

You can push yourself to the limit be strong now jump with me
You can fly over a rainbow with me close your eyes and just believe

Nothing's gonna stop you and ME from gettIN'
To where we wanna be while this BEAT is kicKIN'
You know that you're my KINdred spiRIT
Fly with ME JC and push it to the limit

You used to hide behind another face
At first I didn't understand
But then I saw in you a kindred spirit
I called your name and held out my hand

Then you looked in my eyes and I said,

Never let anything get in your way of saving those that you love
No matter what they say you can be strong, have faith within your heart
You can push yourself to the limit be strong now jump with me
You can fly over a rainbow with me close your eyes and just believe

I got you when the goin' gets ROUGH-YO
Nobody's as TOUGH this LOVE
You may FEEL like YOU can't GO-ON
If we TRY, side by SIDE, we'll surVIVE, never DIE

NOW I got you FEELIN' my flow,
Know what I MEAN?
No DOUBT that you FEEL it like I do
Don't let a CHANCE like THIS pass BY you
A combo like you and ME, meant to be
Let's fly across the border

You can push yourself to the limit be strong now

The perfect combo you and ME, can't you SEE,
Come on, let's fly across the border

You can fly over a rainbow with me close your eyes

The perfect combo you and ME, baBY
Come on, let's fly across the border

If we TRY, side by SIDE, we'll surVIVE, never DIE
Let's fly across the border.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Casshern Sins Episode 21

Gee I wonder what changed between Luna being the mercy angel of death and now being afraid of it? Oh that's right, her dying and the RUIN. Also Casshern is dead, giant three episode epilogue.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Casshern Sins Episode 22:

Casshern is Bret

Dio is Owen. The final episode is going to be Wrestlemania X.

Also Luna is the best.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Casshern Sins Episode 23:

WOOOO, Dio did it all on his own! He's the sole survivor!

What's the point of living if you can't feel alive?

A conflict settled with words? Here comes a NEW CHALLENGER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom