• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Casshern Sins Finale:

So Ringo is Leda's kid...but who is the daddy?

Casshern: "I don't ever want to kill anyone ever again"

Next Epiosde

Casshern kills everyone.

Also everyone dies, especially if they live forever. Braiking Boss puts on the hat but everyone jobs to Casshern. It is all his damn fault to begin with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ringo... isn't Leda's kid. What gave you that idea?

umm, everything?

Ohji finds Ringo inside of a robot. Leda was designed by Ohji along with Casshern and Dio as a means to give robots the final thing they are missing from humanity, the ability to reproduce. Leda is preggers hanging out with Luna's brothers and sisters. When Leda is freaking out in the robot graveyard near the end of the episode she hears a crying baby when she sees a robot that looks exactly like the one where she hid her child and then ten seconds later Ringo shows up. She gets a look in her eyes and says "You're my..." before Lyuze shows up to stop her from committing violence to the young girl. They also have similar hair and in the epilogue Ringo tells the audience she's a new form of life distinct from both robots and humans and with a now finite lifespan, but she's also immune from the ruin.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
GDOC7qf.png

I'm gonna go with 5D's on this one. Are there even card games at all in Akira?

umm, everything?

Ohji finds Ringo inside of a robot. Leda was designed by Ohji along with Casshern and Dio as a means to give robots the final thing they are missing from humanity, the ability to reproduce. Leda is preggers hanging out with Luna's brothers and sisters. When Leda is freaking out in the robot graveyard near the end of the episode she hears a crying baby when she sees a robot that looks exactly like the one where she hid her child and then ten seconds later Ringo shows up. She gets a look in her eyes and says "You're my..." before Lyuze shows up to stop her from committing violence to the young girl. They also have similar hair and in the epilogue Ringo tells the audience she's a new form of life distinct from both robots and humans and with a now finite lifespan, but she's also immune from the ruin.

I don't remember enough of the show to dispute any of that, but I highly, highly doubt that is the case. The only thing Google turns up is crackpot theories. Leda's wiki page doesn't even mention Ringo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't find anything concrete on it.

Wikipedia seemingly agrees with me, a Casshern Sins specific wiki thinks
she had a miscarriage.
With no specific scene referencing
Ringo's birth or Leda's pregnancy failing
will never know for sure but I think I'm right.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was going to say that sounds incredibly fake.

Looks like I'll have to sign up for a free trial of Funimations streaming service if I want to watch Deadman Wonderland. I guess I could check the library network and see if they have it. Hmm... It's only 12 episodes though and that is easily done in a weekend though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Schedule should be AoT, Bleach, Black Lagoon, Blue Exorcist, Space Dandy, then whatever else. Airing so many repeats before shows that are having their first run is dumb.

Gorillaz

Schedule should be AoT, Bleach, Black Lagoon, Blue Exorcist, Space Dandy, then whatever else. Airing so many repeats before shows that are having their first run is dumb.
This lineup isn't much different from what they did themselves and for the most part works

AoT being first could work and does because it is currently the new "gateway anime"

Space Dandy is also a good "gateway" due to it being as off beat as it is, and has a very Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe from it

Bleach is still popular as fuck but I think can be pushed. It won't suffer.

Blue Exorcist, not much to say about this one but as people said here it's on it's way out so having it in the middle of OP and Bleach would help since whatever takes it spot can piggyback off of those 2. It would be good for a newish show to the block

One Piece, would work well here as the Pirate Hour

Black Lagoon can't be on before 2 or it will be censored heavier. 2am till 5am is the "anything can go" threshold for cable. Either have it be early and censored even more or later and have rough ratings.....can't have it both ways.

This lineup isn't much different from what they did themselves and for the most part works

AoT being first could work and does because it is currently the new "gateway anime"

Space Dandy is also a good "gateway" due to it being as off beat as it is, and has a very Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe from it

Bleach is still popular as fuck but I think can be pushed. It won't suffer.

Blue Exorcist, not much to say about this one but as people said here it's on it's way out so having it in the middle of OP and Bleach would help since whatever takes it spot can piggyback off of those 2. It would be good for a newish show to the block

One Piece, would work well here as the Pirate Hour

Black Lagoon can't be on before 2 or it will be censored heavier. 2am till 5am is the "anything can go" threshold for cable. Either have it be early and censored even more or later and have rough ratings.....can't have it both ways.
Yeah the schedule is good as is. Although I'd still switch Black Lagoon and Blue Exorcist.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cromartie High School for Toonami. Wasn't it on G4 waaaaaay back at one point? That's how I discovered the show. Could count as an action-comedy.

The line-up/ratings are perfectly fine as is and we're obviously going to get a summer bump; I think we got spoiled by tri-millions every week. However, late fall/early winter is actually when toonami gets it's highest ratings believe it or not.

EDIT: As for scheduling, I think DeMarco knows what he's doing. One Piece doesn't need to be moved up, it wouldn't pull in the same numbers Bleach and Dandy do on the regular, although you could make an argument that it could match Shippuden's production. People forget that the show just isn't insanely popular in the west.

I still think toonami made the right decision to air One Piece from were they started. Watching that series from the beginning would've been a huge chore.

daveo42

Banned
I've never played a pokeman game.

I still think toonami made the right decision to air One Piece from were they started. Watching that series from the beginning would've been a huge chore.

Starting from the beginning would have taken forever, but if they ended up doing that, they may have ended up airing two episodes a week instead of just one. It'd cover the entire series, but would then mean less room on the block. One Piece from episode one would have worked better if the block was still every weekday afternoon.

b-dubs is our resident pokemon expert

i defer to his opinion
I thought Andrex was our pokemon expert. His avatar has been something Pokemon related for as long as I can remember.

AlphaSapphire

Blue
Yellow
Silver
Sapphire
Pearl
Platinum
SoulSilver
White
White 2
Y
Huh. Now that I think back on it, I've actually played more of the second games than the first games. Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Y.

Levyne

Banned
I thought Andrex was our pokemon expert. His avatar has been something Pokemon related for as long as I can remember.

Huh. Now that I think back on it, I've actually played more of the second games than the first games. Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Y.

Andrex is the google expert, we can't be doubling up on titles now.

I've never played a pokeman game.

Starting from the beginning would have taken forever, but if they ended up doing that, they may have ended up airing two episodes a week instead of just one. It'd cover the entire series, but would then mean less room on the block. One Piece from episode one would have worked better if the block was still every weekday afternoon.

Eh, I would not be a fan of double One Piece during the premiers but yeah, it's more suited for a weekday block, would've been perfect on the old toonami.

And how in the world have you never played a Pokemon game!? I played every one up through Diamond/Pearl, haven't owned a Nintendo handheld since then.

Moaradin

Arlong Park was when the show finally hooked me, but every major arc since then has been even better. Water 7 is one of the best arcs in the show, even still. I think starting here was a good choice.

daveo42

Banned
Arlong Park is the best East Blue arc and where the series really got interesting.

Eh, I would not be a fan of double One Piece during the premiers but yeah, it's more suited for a weekday block, would've been perfect on the old toonami.

And how in the world have you never played a Pokemon game!? I played every one up through Diamond/Pearl, haven't owned a Nintendo handheld since then.

My parents thought video games were a waste of time, so even if I asked I never got a video game console unless I bought it myself. First handheld I owned was a Gameboy Advance. Didn't buy another Nintendo handheld until I picked up my 3DS. I was/am more heavily skewed to Sony/Sega because it's where I grew up on games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom