• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

Okay fess up; which one of you guys did this?

10009139_729933853693375_159272145_n.jpg

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, MAY 3, 2014

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.9 HH, 1.341 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.8 HH, 1.142 million viewers
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.6 HH, 869,000 viewers
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.6 HH, 812,000 viewers
1:30AM One Piece 0.6 HH, 742,000 viewers
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.6 HH, 803,000 viewers
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.6 HH, 671,000 viewers
3:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 536,000 viewers
3:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 654,000 viewers
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 553,000 viewers
4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.4 HH, 457,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 503,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 430,000 viewers

Drink it in.

daveo42

Banned
Nice numbers for AoT, but not quite that 1.5mil. still a pretty big opening for the show. That 1230 drop tho...followed by the One Piece low point and again with Black Lagoon.

I've lost my faith in humanity.

I guess space dandy for now is the big brake on the early part of the night. Not sure why people are coming back for Blue Exorcist but meh.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Drink it in.

Why in god's name are people leaving for One Piece and coming back for Blue Exorcist? Also why the fuck are they leaving en-mass and not sticking around for Black Lagoon? Do they not like real-ness? These numbers make no goddamn sense to me.

I'm going to stick to my guns and believe that Shippuden's absolute slog right now is hurting One Piece's numbers. The fact there's a bounceback for Blue Exorcist shows viewers are coming back during OP.

daveo42

Banned
Why in god's name are people leaving for One Piece and coming back for Blue Exorcist? Also why the fuck are they leaving en-mass and not sticking around for Black Lagoon? Do they not like real-ness? These numbers make no goddamn sense to me.

Rock's balls are too massive for most people to handle. At least I'd like to think that's the reason for the drop.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm going to stick to my guns and believe that Shippuden's absolute slog right now is hurting One Piece's numbers. The fact there's a bounceback for Blue Exorcist shows viewers are coming back during OP.

That doesn't explain the Black Lagoon drop though. I think a better explanation is that they average viewer has no taste.

Rock's balls are too massive for most people to handle. At least I'd like to think that's the reason for the drop.

I like this better. They just can't handle his planetary sized sack.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Blue Exorcist has more bishonens? *shrugs*
Though the Shippuden slog sounds like a good theory too. They really need to switch places... One Piece first, then Shippuden.

That doesn't explain the Black Lagoon drop though. I think a better explanation is that they average viewer has no taste.

Sure it does. Blue Exorcist may not have held on to viewers with a trip to the beach, and it's also 2:30 in the morning approaching 3 AM. People are going to nod off sometime.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Blue Exorcist has more bishonens? *shrugs*
Though the Shippuden slog sounds like a good theory too. They really need to switch places... One Piece first, then Shippuden.

Maybe move Shippuden to after Black Lagoon, some people might stick around and realize how amazing it really it.

That Blue Exorcist bump makes me happy

It makes me cry because if it does well then we're more likely to get the even more vanilla and by-the-numbers Fairy Tail.

Probably too intimidated to jump in the middle of a show that as long as that and skipped a good chunk of the beginning.

daveo42

Banned
Probably too intimidated to jump in the middle of a show that as long as that and skipped a good chunk of the beginning.

This continues to be one of the bigger reasons for the drop. Not starting from episode 1 has probably done some harm to the airing on Toonami. The potential good news is that it'll get people interested enough in the series to got back to the beginning and read/watch it.

Seda

Hard to believe we are 11/25 episodes into Blue Exorcist and there really isn't a main plot yet. A couple of teases with eyepatch man and Mephisto's brother, but otherwise it's mostly one-offs.

Levyne

Banned
I've stopped paying attention to Blue Exorcist. Um. Moeblob has a plant cactus thing, Rin has a demon cat, something about a squid last week.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

At a certain point that has to stop being an issue though. In the beginning sure, but now? It's been months and months, if that was a thing over the long term then no one would ever pick up long running procedural shows, sitcoms or anything serialized in general. Not everyone is around from day one and they don't need to be in the age of netflix and hulu, people have been more than happy to marathon shows to catch up using those services these days.

Raxus

What is the colored X on Andrex's and hehateme's avatars?

X-Men: Days of Futures Past

I was hoping for slightly higher ratings but we'll see in the long run. Even Bleach didn't do too hot tonight.

Why do so many people come back for Bland Exorcist?

BatDan

Hard to believe we are 11/25 episodes into Blue Exorcist and there really isn't a main plot yet. A couple of teases with eyepatch man and Mephisto's brother, but otherwise it's mostly one-offs.

It's really not going to help around Episode 15 or 16 when it diverts from the manga.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Dear lord, there's been 11 episodes? Nothing has happened! How is this popular?

Black Lagoon is on way too late.

I had trouble staying awake for it and it looks like tons of people did too.

I really hope we have a Toonami expansion coming soon to 11

BatDan

Dear lord, there's been 11 episodes? Nothing has happened! How is this popular?

Fujoshi/DTL bait.

The manga does get better, but the anime diverts before it gets to the point where it's finally decent.

yeah, i'm gonna blame Black Lagoon's drop on being a talky episode on at 2:30. as much as i want to shake my damn head at AS viewers, Blue Exorcist is really the only thing i feel justified in doing that with.

Tenumi

Banned
Well, it was a good start to the night... Shame about the rest.

At this point, I'd say I'm more interested in Blue Exorcist's replacement than Blue Exorcist itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom