• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
sessmMl.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
God, if only there was anything as fun as that in this new Godzilla movie :(
Seriously. Got back from watching that & while I don't hate it, it was frustrating because it tested my patience on when something FUN aka interesting was gonna happen. I literally lifted my arms in that "ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THAT'S IT?!" style at one point. If anything, it makes me want to watch Pacific Rim again.

& now I get to watch Toonami with 4 speakers connected to my TV now. Free stereo system + 2 speakers (CD & Cassette players don't work, but I won't use them) & then 2 more for $5 at another garage sale. Gotta work on the placement, but I should pretty much have surround sound now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still using tv speakers here

#poor
#pleb
#hashtag
I was originally using computer speakers, which while not much better, just helped with the fact the sound was being blasted towards me. My HDTV's speakers are on the top, so they kind of blast the sound backwards, which isn't good since the TV is located in an area where the sound is kind of "trapped" on where my TV is located.

daveo42

Banned
I was using the soundbar attached to the TV in our living room because it was the only TV in the house that had cable. I've since started streaming instead and I've been using my PC headphone for audio while the video is on the TV in my room. It works well enough.

Now I just need to fix the wireless on my laptop so I can easily watch and type at the same time.

bigkrev

Seriously. Got back from watching that & while I don't hate it, it was frustrating because it tested my patience on when something FUN aka interesting was gonna happen. I literally lifted my arms in that "ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THAT'S IT?!" style at one point. If anything, it makes me want to watch Pacific Rim again.

& now I get to watch Toonami with 4 speakers connected to my TV now. Free stereo system + 2 speakers (CD & Cassette players don't work, but I won't use them) & then 2 more for $5 at another garage sale. Gotta work on the placement, but I should pretty much have surround sound now.

Nakama

I use normal speakers, but I own a pair of Sony Pulse Elites for Gaming or Blu-rays, a pair of Sony XDR-05 cans, and a pair of Bose IE2 earbuds for other things.

Raxus

I am in a hotel right now but I should be home sunday. I will still be able to catch Toonami and I am going to see Godzilla sunday night.

LOL at that Watch_dogs score. I dodged a bullet.

Levyne

Banned
Transistor, Wolfenstein, soon Mario Kart and even Drakengard 3. Who needs another bloated Ubisoft game. Plenty else to play. I don't feel as bitter as I may sound here, but I dunno, it just doesn't seem like a game worth hyping up anymore. Been losing momentum for 2 years since its reveal.

If Watch_Dogs is truly this gen's Assassin's Creed then the second game should be amazing

Also I REALLY want Soul Eater NOT to air on Toonami now, love to see the groups reaction to episode 5 which contains
dream scene girl on girl make out, a scene of girls cleaning a pool in white shirts and bikinis, and an all girl group bathing scene

If Watch_Dogs is truly this gen's Assassin's Creed then the second game should be amazing

Also I REALLY want Soul Eater NOT to air on Toonami now, love to see the groups reaction to episode 5 which contains
dream scene girl on girl make out, a scene of girls cleaning a pool in white shirts and bikinis, and an all girl group bathing scene

They're, like, 15.

Tenumi

Banned

Hey now, your describing that like that's a bad thing.
I enjoy the show, what can I say?

ckohler

I watched a few episodes of SE: NOT and... :(

It's just so mediocre. The new characters are so "girly" it makes me cringe. Everything that made Maka such a great character (strong willed, courageous, funny) are missing from this trio. About the only reason I could finish the episodes were for the cameos and they're nothing to write home about. The music is forgettable and the character art and animation have taken a huge nosedive. It's like the "C team" is working on this show. Even the OP is dull and uncreative.

I was psyched to see an episode focusing on my favorite side character from the original (Kim) but it mostly turns into an poorly done Yuri plot. My hopes that this would help get a SE remake made are kinda shot.

Anyone know if this show is pulling any numbers in Japan? Because if I'm going by the quality, this could very well tank the franchise.

Edit: it's only 12 episodes? Good, maybe that changes things for the better an makes SE: Brotherhood more likely.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They're, like, 15.
& Sailor Moon is 14.

ANIME.

But all honestly, SE Not isn't....bad, but it just feels so "meh". I mean the idea itself of actually learning to deal with becoming a weapon/meister & such is kind of interesting for a spin-off & to add more background, but it seems they kind of forget about that for TEE HEE GIRLY STUFF.

Hopefully, things will pick as, as it seems episode 6 will feature
Kid & Patty/Liz before they became Kid's weapons.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll probably watch ep. 6 tonight or tomorrow. Either will watch that or Jojo after Dandy & waiting for One Piece.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I made it to that point in the manga but that was about it. I might pick up the anime at some point, but I'm more inclined to watch Cutie Honey or Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water. Not sure which though.
Oh man, I saw New Cutie Honey. Hehehe. I need to check out all the other versions, like Re:Cutie Honey.

daveo42

Banned
Oh man, I saw New Cutie Honey. Hehehe. I need to check out all the other versions, like Re:Cutie Honey.

I wanted to watch the original version first and then move on to the newer ones. I still have a lot of old anime to catch up on, but it seemed like it'd be worth it to at least watch Cutie Honey at some point.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wanted to watch the original version first and then move on to the newer ones. I still have a lot of old anime to catch up on, but it seemed like it'd be worth it to at least watch Cutie Honey at some point.
Original series is 25 episodes, then it goes into all those OVAs (New Cutie Honey, then Re:Cutie Honey), & then that 1997 Cutie Honey Flash...which I wasn't aware of until now.

I should get around to New Cutie Honey, especially since it's only 8 episodes long.

Seda

The derail in the dubbed anime thread got banned (not by me). It's okay to have a preference. It's not okay to derail a thread being a jerk with silly character judgments based on entertainment media.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The derail in the dubbed anime thread got banned (not by me). It's okay to have a preference. It's not okay to derail a thread being a jerk with silly character judgments based on entertainment media.

It almost seems inexorable or such debate to devolve into such chicanery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom