• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Adventure Time is on a level so much higher than Sailor Moon, and people recognize that fact, that they just don't bother. :D

I mean I'm not going to sing the praises of Sailor Moon, but I can accept it for what it is, girl anime power rangers/sentai and it does that pretty damn well. Unless you're going to say the power rangers/sentai formula is terrible.

I mean I'm not going to sing the praises of Sailor Moon, but I can accept it for what it is, girl anime power rangers/sentai and it does that pretty damn well. Unless you're going to say the power rangers/sentai formula is terrible.
I loved Power Rangers. And no, Sailor Moon isn't hot garbage. I was being a bit hyperbolic. I just find the show utterly boring. I also understand why people really like it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've never seen Sailor Moon
Same here. I only saw bits of it when I was in 5th grade & would have to get weekly allergy shots & sometimes it'd be on in the waiting room...& even then, that was if I didn't have my GBA with me. By the time I got Dish, it was about 2007/08 & Toonami was Saturday nights.

Oh & something about the girls being fourteen years old.

my Adventure Time comments

idhJ71CQ9SFZX.gif

While I greatly preferred DBZ to Sailor Moon, I believe for awhile they were back to back I'd watch SM with my sister she watched DBZ with me but we enjoyed both.

MikeMyers

sailor moon is half of what got toonami where it was to begin with, it, dbz, etc. also *youre* garbage and poo. *sticks out tongue*

Funny thing is, everytime DBZ fans request something (Uncut Bluray, new dub, actual remake, etc.) Sailor Moon gets it instead. Someone is trolling the DBZ fans.

sailor moon is half of what got toonami where it was to begin with, it, dbz, etc. also *youre* garbage and poo. *sticks out tongue*

:'(

But yeah, I know. DBZ, yuyu, Sailor. I loved old Toonami. I think this other show, Hamtaro, was in at one point too. That was such a weird show. And maybe Zach Bell and Zoids were in there as well.

Edit: Speaking of Zach Bell, I need to finish it one day. Little dude kept fighting and talking about being a benevolent king.

Yuyu too, I never finished that either.

I like monster (only read the manga haven't seen the anime) but it's a really slow build I think most people would drop before the actual plot began (it's like episode 4 or 5 in the anime lol)

Not sure I've ever heard of Monster. Either way, adding it to my ever growing list of Anime/Manga to watch/read.

I think it would be great if Toonami showed something completely out of left field like Princess Jellyfish, which is a pretty good show, by the way.

Amikami

Banned
Guess who just finished her semester with straight A's. This cat did.

Hmm. Been a long time since I've seen Sailor Moon. Can't remember a thing about it other than I loved it as a kid. It was kinda my show as in everyone in the house knew I loved it. It was the show I was excited to see after school, yet I can't remember a whole lot. I would be for it coming to Toonami.

ckohler

If I can be honest. I am actually kind of enjoying the new Bleach episodes if only for the fact we are focusing on the core cast more (sans Chad lol) and it is nice hanging out somewhere that has nothing to do with the soul society.
My feelings also. I'm... looking forward to Bleach. :)

Guess who just finished her semester with straight A's. This cat did.

Hmm. Been a long time since I've seen Sailor Moon. Can't remember a thing about it other than I loved it as a kid. It was kinda my show as in everyone in the house knew I loved it. It was the show I was excited to see after school, yet I can't remember a whole lot. I would be for it coming to Toonami.

Straight A's? Meow Me-wow!

Not sure I've ever heard of Monster. Either way, adding it to my ever growing list of Anime/Manga to watch/read.

I think it would be great if Toonami showed something completely out of left field like Princess Jellyfish, which is a pretty good show, by the way.

Yeah man you need to watch Monster. A great overall anime and probably one of the most realistic ones in terms of setting/characters. Also HBO is making it into a series directed by Guillermo Del Toro.

Yeah man you need to watch Monster. A great overall anime and probably one of the most realistic ones in terms of setting/characters. Also HBO is making it into a series directed by Guillermo Del Toro.

Guess I'll move it to the top of the list then, but 70 something episodes, man. Something about seeing an anime with a bunch of episodes almost puts me off, but I guess I'll force myself. That's the main reason I haven't finally watched One Piece.

I did just finish watching some other old show, though--Now and Then, Here and There, earlier today. Crazy series.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if anyone has ever counted how many pre time skip anime only episodes Shippuden has, I bet it's a lot. I always see gifs from this era and go...hey, I've never seen this before and I know Naruto pretty well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom