• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe what we need is a package deal...

DmMaADYl.jpg

but who would be Satsuki?

MikeMyers

I wonder if anyone has ever counted how many pre time skip anime only episodes Shippuden has, I bet it's a lot. I always see gifs from this era and go...hey, I've never seen this before and I know Naruto pretty well!

I'll make a list at one point.

I've seen more Shippuden filler than the actual canon material.

MikeMyers

Welp, apparently it is a LA dub. No Final Act cast for this then.

But hey, I live in LA and do a good Toru Furuya impersonation. Where do I sign up?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Special 7pm start time for Inuyasha on Sunday.

Also great line up this week. Fantastic episodes of Space Dandy, One Piece, Naruto, Black Lagoon are ahead. Pretty good episode of Shippuden as well. SBT has passed its peak but no one is awake for that. Pretty decent episode of Brotherhood as well!

A remastered and uncut Sailor Moon is such a good fit for TOONAMI. The only potential hurdle I can think of is wanting to air CRYSTAL as well. There's an entire undubbed season of the original show out there (that sucks...but still, it's completely fresh!)

I'd love it, if for no other reason than we might get an updated version of this spot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel the need to clean the kitchen tonight so I can wake up with it all done tomorrow.

I also feel the need to start Samurai Seven...so I'm busting out the wireless headphones and am going to do Samurai Seven, the audio drama version! Now the dumb Xenogears opening won't bug me because I can't see it.

Hulu will freeze on me though, it always does.

Levyne

Banned
I hope you paired all the female characters with someone as the replacements suck

Not all of them I don't think, I didn't want to be obsessive and make sure absolutely everyone was paired and play the game like a checklist. I got Aideen, Lachesis, Sylvia, Tiltyu, Brigid, Aira to each have a partner just by happenstance...who does that leave? (I don't think any of those were story enforced like Cuan/Ethlin).

Edit: Ah. Fury might not have found anyone. Always used her away from the main group I guess :p

Not all of them I don't think, I didn't want to be obsessive and make sure absolutely everyone was paired and play the game like a checklist. I got Aideen, Lachesis, Sylvia, Tiltyu, Brigid, Aira to each have a partner just by happenstance...who does that leave? (I don't think any of those were story enforced like Cuan/Ethlin).

Edit: Ah. Fury might not have found anyone. Always used her away from the main group I guess :p

You didn't pair Fury with anyone :X that means you won't get one of the most important and best characters in the game... Her son also plays a huge role in Fire Emblem 5 if you ever play that

I will probably play 5 next, for sure. Not right away though.

5 is soul crushingly brutal, you'll get to your first FoW map and go "... da fuck..." because in FE5 FoW maps look like this

16-FE5_%282%29016.png

Yeah you can't see the level at all, only what is in your characters range, meaning FoW battles are tedious trial and errors as you constantly wander into dead ends and get surprised ganked by tons of promoted units that spawn and move on the same turn >_<

789shadow

Banned
From that dub recommendation thread:

I hate dubs with a passion and I really lose respect for an opinion when someone claims a dub is better, but one of theore tolerable dubs was Tiger and Bunny. The comic book influences make the ridiculously American overacting not seem completely out of place.

iFSAyeMrJuXtk.gif

Levyne

Banned
The thread was so civil too, someone always has to be dramatic and stir up shit when there was no reason to. Gotta make your position dead clear before you sully your reputation by admiring that you (reluctantly) watch dubbed anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair that's my theory on why Baccano's dub is vastly superior, though its coming from a position of someone who loves dubs.

Seda

No major sporting events tonight (unless there's an MMA event I'm not aware of) . Prime opportunity for high ratings?

Be sure to support Meta's Rangers in the ECF this afternoon though.

Sorry just rambling as I work.

Anyone here seen Patema Inverted? I'm watching it now and it is screwing with my mind. I'm not too far into it yet, but I think it's a great movie so far.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I didn't think it was possible to care less about an anime than I do about Naruto, but here comes this Sailor Moon news.

At this point I skip more Toonami than I watch. If they put Sailor Moon up there, it would be even worse.

No major sporting events tonight (unless there's an MMA event I'm not aware of) . Prime opportunity for high ratings?

Be sure to support Meta's Rangers in the ECF this afternoon though.

Sorry just rambling as I work.

Pretty sure there is an mma fight tonight

daveo42

Banned
Subs are almost always better than dubs. There are some really good dubs and the quality of dubs have continued to rise, I'll still choose subs over dubs most every time if I have that choice.

In other news I'm completely wet and and feel like I need a shower. That's what usually happens when you spend the morning in the bush.

Tenumi

Banned
I always prefer to watch things dubbed if I have the option. People who diss on dubs irrationally are stuck in the '90s. As anime licensing has improved, so has the quality of the product.

Dunno how long I'll be around tonight. Depends on how my day goes.

Seda

I don't mind subs but I like hearing how words are enunciated, where emphasis is placed, how sentences are phrased, things like that.

Crocodile

Sailor Moon was the first anime I ever saw. I have some pretty strong positive memories associated with that show. All that being said, I have no idea how current me would response to watching the English Dub nowadays or watching the "actual show" (which I've been meaning to do for a while but thankfully with this announcement I can wait for an official, quality American release).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom