• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shippuden: Less yapping, more fighting plz

I concur that Toei kind of cheap out on the recoloring/redrawing but expecting the Faluconer music back wasn't realistic and since you're a fan of the original OST I'm not even sure what the problem is because DBZ Kai now uses the original OST. (At least pre-Buu, I guess Buu saga has new music now but its obvious you weren't talking about the Buu saga). When you consider all the other advantages the Kai version has, its clear its the better version (though just for prosperity's sake I'm glad the original version will always exist).

I knew about the music issues with the Japanese version of Kai, but I saw the Nickelodeon dub and it was beyond awful in all aspects outside of the script being better in some places.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Honestly I could see the Straw Hats and the Lagoon Company getting along. Esepcially Zoro.

MikeMyers

This one Ataks-however the fuck you spell it looks like a male Ino.

Right, enough DBZ skewering, I have made my point, DBZ can go stay in the bin of history and its assertions of inevitability? I'll just mention Inuyasha Final Act and now getting back to mocking Shippuden.

Bring Final Act to Toonami!

Crocodile

Are we really having a flashback to two episodes ago? UGH

Sasori should/could have killed then ten times over. I know exposition-no-jutsu is pretty rampant in shonen in general but some shows/comics package it in a way that's tolerable to the audience. Shippuden does NOT :(

Seda

I mean, I'm not expecting for them to jump into fighting to start 10 seconds in, but it should start ten minutes in....

Ya know what really needs the "Kai" treatment? Naruto. Naruto Part 1, 1-135 is pretty damn good. Naruto filler in Part 1/Shippuden is some of the worst anime I've ever seen.

You can just tell when something's filler because of how dramatic the dropoff in the quality of the design of the new characters they introduce is.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh my god, that was all talking! All talking! All talking!

You know, JoJo is stuffed with exposition (it's a weakness of Araki), but at least they pace it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom