• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
though One Piece seems okay I have absolutely no context for the overarching plot or the characters or whatever, and I don't even know how much I'd have to watch to catch up.

like 200. i don't like this particular section of the arc that much, but i'd say keep watching it so you get the context for the upcoming section

daveo42

Banned
True, but all that money from Titan has gotta go to something, I can see Viz wanting Sailor Moon on Toonami to sell DVDs, Funi wanting either Toriko or Fairy Tail to sell DVDs, and Aniplex wanting either Kill La Kill or Magi to sell DVDs. All the shows and movies Toonami has aired have done really well during and after their airing.

If they have the money for it, by all means. Unless we can get some rad discounts from Funimation and Viz to get these shows on.

Yeah shit, bring back G Gundam too. Somebody needs to teach these kids how to be men (and women).

All of these shonen shows nowadays are about feelings and looking pretty and trying to understand one another.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"My man"
Is this a translation of a verbal tic he has in Japanese? Like how "Believe It" was a "translation" of Dattebayo?

@HTown One Piece is gonna be around... forever I'd suggest you catch up on it if you sorta like it now but have no context you'll really like it with context lol

Crocodile

@Shippuden: Less yapping, more fighting plz

Here's my legit critique. The digital-coloring they added to it looks like shit and clashes poorly with the original footage. The Faulconer music added atmosphere to it and had a unique feeling that made both it and the original Japanese versions both worth watching as they felt like 2 different shows.

I concur that Toei kind of cheap out on the recoloring/redrawing but expecting the Faluconer music back wasn't realistic and since you're a fan of the original OST I'm not even sure what the problem is because DBZ Kai now uses the original OST. (At least pre-Buu, I guess Buu saga has new music now but its obvious you weren't talking about the Buu saga). When you consider all the other advantages the Kai version has, its clear its the better version (though just for prosperity's sake I'm glad the original version will always exist).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, enough DBZ skewering, I have made my point, DBZ can go stay in the bin of history and its assertions of inevitability? I'll just mention Inuyasha Final Act and now getting back to mocking Shippuden.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"What are you saying?

She's saying that you need to stall for time so the pace of the show doesn't get too fast and you catch up with the manga, Sakura. So stall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom