• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Apparently, this is a reference to some 1970s manga called "Dark Myth"
Yeah, they really went obscure with some of these jokes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Fresh and new? Like Naruto Uncut, Shippuden, Bleach, Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell, etc? I don't see you making this argument when One Piece comes on either.

What toonami needs is shows that will bring them high ratings. That foundation allows them the freedom to experiment.

One Piece is in a place that has never aired before on televison, Toonami never aired Shippuden, Blech is still first run, GiTS and Brotherhood are back end filler. Tooonami is getting great ratings from shows that are not DBZ and it does not need assistance from DBZ.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, this was still an awesome episode. Next week will be...a mixed bag, but still decent.

Guess I'll watch Soul Eater Not while waiting for One Piece.

Seda

It's been said often, but the second half of Dandy is generally more enjoyable and fun than the first.

No Dandy next week though

daveo42

Banned
Dandy da god of all things. Show over.

badnewsbarrett-png.2170

Well considering right now they have the money to air

Attack on Titan
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Blue Exorcist
Black Lagoon

I don't think it's impossible to see a good chunk of those shows at the same time, especially now that Toonami has gotten bigger and companies seem to want their shows on the block to increase DVD sales

The biggest hitter on there is AoT. While still big, everything else on that list has been out and dubbed for ages. I'm just thinking that the big name shows that just recently aired take up the most of their budget and we will see some of those shows, but the biggest ones will of course come in at the top spot.

God this episode is just glorious <3

After that dude got caught plagiarizing they went back to the original OST so I have no idea what you're even complaining about. Also if you're trying to impress me with your age or how you acquired shitty fansubs years ago LOL. You're entitleted to your opinion but it really comes off more as "they changed things, me mad" than a legit critique :/

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Here's my legit critique. The digital-coloring they added to it looks like shit and clashes poorly with the original footage. The Faulconer music added atmosphere to it and had a unique feeling that made both it and the original Japanese versions both worth watching as they felt like 2 different shows.

One Piece is in a place that has never aired before on televison, Toonami never aired Shippuden, Blech is still first run, GiTS and Brotherhood are back end filler. Tooonami is getting great ratings from shows that are not DBZ and it does not need assistance from DBZ.

DBZ Kai has never aired on Toonami

DBZ Kai has never aired in the US uncut

DBZ Kai Buu Saga hasn't aired anywhere in English period

If they were able to make room for Naruto Uncut they can make room for DBZ Kai Uncut which is way more popular and has new episodes airing in Japan right now

Neoxon

The biggest hitter on there is AoT. While still big, everything else on that list has been out and dubbed for ages. I'm just thinking that the big name shows that just recently aired take up the most of their budget and we will see some of those shows, but the biggest ones will of course come in at the top spot.
There's also Space Dandy, which shows new episodes in English first.

My point is that these shows are old so whining about how toonami needs 'new' content makes you look silly to me. DeMarco has shown that he's willing to air older stuff to

1. Boost ratings
2. Save money

This is what allowed Space Dandy and Attack on Titan to happen. Wanting toonami to pass on a juggernaut like DBZ because of a personal vendetta is foolish in my opinion.

True, but all that money from Titan has gotta go to something, I can see Viz wanting Sailor Moon on Toonami to sell DVDs, Funi wanting either Toriko or Fairy Tail to sell DVDs, and Aniplex wanting either Kill La Kill or Magi to sell DVDs. All the shows and movies Toonami has aired have done really well during and after their airing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Dude. Seriously.

Get over it.

Also, I might be out of here until Blue Exorcist. Naruto sucks, and though One Piece seems okay I have absolutely no context for the overarching plot or the characters or whatever, and I don't even know how much I'd have to watch to catch up.

Levyne

Banned
Eh, that Toonami-opening of Shippuden is close to being good but some of the quips they chose are just so awkward.

*mumble*I guess you learn a lot of things if you live long enough

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Currently on rerun and exists because Toonami basically paid for the 2nd half to be made.

Does Naruto get good now?

Yes, it starts to get good around this part, really most of this arc is good, it just has terrible pacing in the anime which dragged everything down.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My point is that these shows are old so whining about how toonami needs 'new' content makes you look silly to me. DeMarco has shown that he's willing to air older stuff to

1. Boost ratings
2. Save money

This is what allowed Space Dandy and Attack on Titan to happen. Wanting toonami to pass on a juggernaut like DBZ because of a personal vendetta is foolish in my opinion.

None of them are as old as DBZ and I don't think DBZ would come cheap either.

As soon as the people who say Toonami is nothing without DBZ, I can will, till then, no.

Nobody here is saying that, and if people are saying that on your twitter you should just block them as they're clearly idiots. Most of us are saying here that "it's not a matter of if but when DBZ Kai uncut will air" most of us would probably want something new, but we've accepted it's inevitable that Kai uncut will air on Toonami, just like it was inevitable that Shippuden, One Piece, Titan, and Dandy would all air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom